Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Plant Question

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Possibly one for Jevs, does anyone know what those giant thistle looking plants are in Preston Park, between the tennis courts. I think they're lovely and the bees seem to love them too.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Possibly one for Jevs, does anyone know what those giant thistle looking plants are in Preston Park, between the tennis courts. I think they're lovely and the bees seem to love them too.

If mauve/purple flowers and 3 to 4 feet tall - perhaps they could be globe artichokes - can you post a pic ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
_73265336_legacy14.jpg

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Particks?

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
I've not seen them, but the description could be cynara cardunculus or cardoon.

This. Spectacular thistle type plants which are edible. I divided one from Preston Park and put them in the Rockery. The only downsides are they do get attacked by blackfly and they can be a bit unruly and fall over.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
This. Spectacular thistle type plants which are edible. I divided one from Preston Park and put them in the Rockery. The only downsides are they do get attacked by blackfly and they can be a bit unruly and fall over.

Molluscs, don't forget about the molluscs!
I can guarantee that every time I grow them from seed, they attract the biggest, slimiest, most orangeyist(if its not a real word, it should be)slugs this side of the channel

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here