Juror#13

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
1410034170160_wps_5_AD144935319Twitter_page_g.jpg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

See what I mean, it's started already :nono:

Any black candidate has to be absolutely impeccable to have any chance of success as a political leader in this country, and even superbly qualified ones will have their work cut out. Even if there is no dirt to dig, there are plenty of people who will try their damndest to find, and if necessary, create some.

IMHO, for the reasons I stated earlier, Chuka Umunna is not the answer if the Labour party want to move forward with success.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
whoever it is, by the time the next election comes around, they will be fodder for the tories.

They will also have to take on Bozza next time once he takes over from Dodgy Dave as Tory leader

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
IMHO, for the reasons I stated earlier, Chuka Umunna is not the answer if the Labour party want to move forward with success.

I agree. He looks, sounds and acts far too North London-centric. Labour have the Metropolitan areas already - they don't need a slick career poltician now. They need a complete unknown from outside the Guardianista bubble who can come with no baggage and set his own agenda.

My candidate would be Dan Jarvis - MP for Barnsley. He's an ex-Para captain so comes with impeccable credentials. No doubting his loyalty to country and likely to have a very low bullshit threshold. He's also pro-business but has strong views on NHS reforms that will resonate with the core vote. That's the man they SHOULD pick. If they pick Umunna then they will lose the next election and lose it badly because Umunna is so clearly in it for no-one but himself. If they pick Burnham then it's yet another career politician.

Juror#13

Banned
Jan 14, 2015

Any black candidate has to be absolutely impeccable to have any chance of success as a political leader in this country, and even superbly qualified ones will have their work cut out. Even if there is no dirt to dig, there are plenty of people who will try their damndest to find, and if necessary, create some.

Maybe Chuka Umunna should work for Robert Mugabe as he'd be hired. .

Juror#13

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
But rich coming from a UKIP MEP. Must be her worst nightmare if a son of an immigrant has any success.

Seems black Labour MPs have a problem with white people in parliament doesn't it. If these were white people they'd be sacked on the spot.

[yt]5Tc6Cb3wHu8[/yt]

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

Its 'started' because chuka umunna doesnt stop whining about diversity and equality, if he got into a position of any real power we would see social engineering on an unbelievable scale.

Dandyman

In London village.
Not sure if anyone has mentioned Dan Jarvis yet - not a bad outside bet.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Okay, there has been a lot of infighting over politics on here for the last month. Can we please put our differences aside and concentrate on something more important.

Chuka Umunna is Palace. His dad was a Palace director.

Not even the most rabid tory on here could wish that on the Labour Party.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
David Milliband may be packing his bags in the Big Apple as we speak...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I have a feeling the bookies are wrong in thinking he's an outsider.

The Tories would be very concerned about him, especially the popularity of his background.

His political experience is against him though.

I'm just looking forward to the Tory front bench always having to acknowledge his military record before slagging him off :)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Dan is the man for sure, but will Labour have the intelligence to pick him

Dan is a leader of men and potentially a country. Best candidate by far if you are looking for a future Prime Minister and would have Dave and his Bullingdon chums for tea. However, if Labour are capable of selecting special Ed, there is no way they'll choose Dan, sadly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here