Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere yesterday at Boro.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I did mention we should have a drum,another example of rotr years ahead of the rest! Whenever i mention the less than impressive home atmosphere i was turned on by the zealots some of who are now joining the drumming camp???

To be fair Rev, your suggestion of an under 21 section was a superb idea. I don't know why it fell on deaf ears.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Our posts just crossed. It was impressive as I've just said.

The only song I recall Albion fans signing at Boro fans was "Where were you when you were shit?" and, having been to the Riverside when it was over half-empty, I think there is some factual merit to it. I didn't sing it myself, I'll hasten to add.

It was the song about one of their ex-players that I had in mind.
Impressive work on that beard, by the way.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It was the song about one of their ex-players that I had in mind.

No idea - didn't hear it. I'm all for positive pro-Albion support rather than negative anti-opposition support.

Impressive work on that beard, by the way.

Thanks. 14 games unbeaten since I last shaved so it is staying for the play-offs!

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
What I don't understand is why we have half the South Stand empty at most home games, with the away supporters behind the goal and the only Albion fans in the South West Corner. Of course nostalgia about the North Stand from the Goldstone meant that was naturally going to be the singing stand, but I'm not sure it's helped us. One solution would be to put the away fans back in the South East Corner and one block of the East Stand with no more than one or two South Stand blocks at most, and then sell the rest to home fans on a match-by-match basis. However, if one suggests such things to the club, one is met by some spin about the concourses being difficult to alter. They managed it in 2012-2013, when we probably had the best Amex atmosphere, so why did they change it back to the first season set up? The other alternative would have been to have the families in the North Stand, with the away fans as I suggest, and the South Stand would then have become the singing stand.

Unfortunately the club does not want these kinds of fans in the South stand. I know of 2 people who have been given bans for the most ridiculous reasons and once coming off their ban told not to go in the South stand again. The club needs to drop this obsession with making the experience for away fans so nice and start to realize that during the 90+ minutes they are the enemy.

To be fair Rev, your suggestion of an under 21 section was a superb idea. I don't know why it fell on deaf ears.

TB felt it would be too hard to administer,thought it would be a good transition from watching with parents in the family stand and proper grown up north stander,it would have linked up the north with the west stand.a cheap ticket would have encouraged groups of young people to go together,pretty much how i recall the north stand in the 70's loads of teenagers. I also gave my concerns about the manufactured atmosphere pregame and thought it should be more organic,sometimes the tannoys just drown out any attempt to get vocal support going.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It was their playoff final. There was a good atmosphere at the Amex yesterday, and there weren't even any players there.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
No idea - didn't hear it. I'm all for positive pro-Albion support rather than negative anti-opposition support.

Thanks. 14 games unbeaten since I last shaved so it is staying for the play-offs!
Be careful - Miles Jacobson from Football Manager did this whilst Watford were unbeaten.

CGbnXz6W0AEiyZ9.jpg

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Our posts just crossed. It was impressive as I've just said.

The only song I recall Albion fans signing at Boro fans was "Where were you when you were shit?" and, having been to the Riverside when it was over half-empty, I think there is some factual merit to it. I didn't sing it myself, I'll hasten to add.

There was a rendition of we pay your benefits from us following their rent boy chant.

Thought their vocal support was pretty impressive.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Arsenal sang it years ago when Sol Campbell left Spurs to join the gunners and Then went on to win the double so the song went
"Double double double
Sol Campbell has won the double
And the scum down the lane
Have won ****all again
Sol Campbell has won the double"
(Repeat & repeat)

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
England away singing it in Japan against Argentina.

Follow, follow, follow
Cus the English are going Sapporro,
There'll be thousands of whites
And no Argies in sight
Cus the English are going Sapporro

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
What I don't understand is why we have half the South Stand empty at most home games, with the away supporters behind the goal and the only Albion fans in the South West Corner. Of course nostalgia about the North Stand from the Goldstone meant that was naturally going to be the singing stand, but I'm not sure it's helped us. One solution would be to put the away fans back in the South East Corner and one block of the East Stand with no more than one or two South Stand blocks at most, and then sell the rest to home fans on a match-by-match basis. However, if one suggests such things to the club, one is met by some spin about the concourses being difficult to alter. They managed it in 2012-2013, when we probably had the best Amex atmosphere, so why did they change it back to the first season set up? The other alternative would have been to have the families in the North Stand, with the away fans as I suggest, and the South Stand would then have become the singing stand.

The south stand is full of kids, families and old people so will never happen. For the Derby game I unfortunately could only get a ticket in there, two rows from the back and was asked to sit down, at first I offered to swap rows but they didn't want to so for the first time I sat down watching a game. When we equalised I went a bit mental, got funny looks and was told to quiten down. Never going in there again.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
No to drums (ffs), no emulating shi**y borough songs just sing our classics louder and more often (if anyone really thinks there is a problem).

Dec 6, 2015
England away singing it in Japan against Argentina.

Follow, follow, follow
Cus the English are going Sapporro,
There'll be thousands of whites
And no Argies in sight
Cus the English are going Sapporro

It's a Glasgow Rangers song that they've been singing since the 60's I think.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
They we so loud it was hard to hear when we were trying to get a chant started - they went a bit quiet when we scored and if we had got a second it would clearly have been library time, but they kept going as they were never not in the promotion spot

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here