Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sheffield Wednesday fans

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I used to live in Sheffield in the early 1990s and of the two teams there preferred Wednesday as they played in a proper teams colours - back when Atkinson, Carlton Palmer, Pearson, and later Francis and Waddle were there. It was a decent crowd and a fun place on their big kop before seating was put in. I enjoyed them beating Palace and went a few times. They had decent fans, and enjoyed the last minute way Barnsley failed to get in the playoffs in 1991.

But Wednesday really need to fail so they can get Pearson in as manager. They know this, but probably won't admit it yet. Hopefully the playoffs will convince them.

They've rested their players yesterday, we've never won at Hillsborough, they always draw there against the top teams this year, we've a few players out - so my hope would be a draw there (would love a first win, of course) and then a decent game at the Amex.

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
I used to live in Sheffield in the early 1990s and of the two teams there preferred Wednesday as they played in a proper teams colours - back when Atkinson, Carlton Palmer, Pearson, and later Francis and Waddle were there. It was a decent crowd and a fun place on their big kop before seating was put in. I enjoyed them beating Palace and went a few times. They had decent fans, and enjoyed the last minute way Barnsley failed to get in the playoffs in 1991.

But Wednesday really need to fail so they can get Pearson in as manager. They know this, but probably won't admit it yet. Hopefully the playoffs will convince them.

They've rested their players yesterday, we've never won at Hillsborough, they always draw there against the top teams this year, we've a few players out - so my hope would be a draw there (would love a first win, of course) and then a decent game at the Amex.

So many people wanted Pearson in last season. If (god forbid) Carlos leaves then Pearson will surely be one of the favourites. Glad that you have fond memories of the 90's... I think too many of our fans have fond memories of the same era... :)

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I think you ought to pop across to their forum.
The :lolol: smiley is a piss take of them, they have some weird ritual of every time they mention us of a :lolol: or a picture of Sid James.
Calm down before jumping in feet first.
Sheffield Wednesday :lolol:

I don't normally spend my time frequenting other clubs' forums. Thanks for setting me straight though. In that case, sod 'em.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here