Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Not happy with just 1, easy 3 points from this lot. :albion2:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Easy 3 points.

I've got family coming down to watch this match all supporting Spurs. My Dad is a typical Spurs fan, doesn't stop whinging and moaning whenever he's watching Spurs.

Let's keep those miserable sods crying about how they're the biggest underachievers in football. Come on the Albion!

Iovan The Sweeper

May 16, 2016
I think we're fine. Southampton need 7 points and a +6 GD swing just to overtake us - from 5 games (3 of those are away). The pressure on them will be immense - especially after their last two games. That Chelsea one in particular must have taken a lot out of them.

There are also 4 teams inbetween us in the same boat.

I don't care who we've got left to play. We're more than capable of getting a point to take us over the line. We can do it tonight - I know Spurs' away form is spectacularly good, but it feels like a decent Albion performance is brewing after 3 games where we have blown chance after chance.

And how fitting to do it on the anniversary of our promotion.

Bet we miss a penalty tonight though. Just to stretch the tension out.

Iovan The Sweeper

May 16, 2016
If Southampton catch us on points, they will pass us on GD. It's not that unlikely they'll get two wins from games against Leicester, Bournemouth, Everton and Swansea.

No, it's not unlikely.

But if they do win 2 games, they'll still be 1 point behind us. With 3 games left.

That's assuming we get no points in our next 2 games.

Then they've got to overhaul us. That's an incredible turn around in form for a team with no form.

Of those games, Bournemouth aren't going to roll over, and whilst Leicester are hit and miss, Everton are strong at home. If they beat Swansea, then that just drags Swansea into it.

We'll be fine...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No, it's not unlikely.
So we're agreed so far :D
Then they've got to overhaul us. That's an incredible turn around in form for a team with no form.
Win 2, Lose 2, draw 1 will see them pass us if we can't get a point somewhere.

Of those games, Bournemouth aren't going to roll over, and whilst Leicester are hit and miss, Everton are strong at home. If they beat Swansea, then that just drags Swansea into it.
But Swansea could lose their next 4 and still pass us with a win at home to an already relegated Stoke on the last day.

We'll be fine...
Probably. One good result for us would do it, but I feel our best chance is for Stoke and SCC to fail.

Iovan The Sweeper

May 16, 2016

But Swansea could lose their next 4 and still pass us with a win at home to an already relegated Stoke on the last day.

Probably. One good result for us would do it, but I feel our best chance is for Stoke and SCC to fail.

Indeed - that's the beauty of having points on the board already.

Everyone has winnable games left. It's the actual winning them that's the tough bit.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Blimey, won their last 16 against newly promoted teams and unbeaten in 34 ???

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010

Agreed and with the upcoming fixtures against Spurs tonight, Man City and Liverpool, our GD could take a real hammering !

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
DbAKLslUwAAcDm2.jpg

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think that’s a fair enough selection. Any team we select is up against it tonight, but there is a fair bit of experience out there so hopefully they’ll be solid and keep their heads if things start to go wrong.

The subs bench shows us where we’ll need to strengthen next season with zero central midfield cover.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Shame not to see CG in the mix given recent shambles - does CH ever play three centre backs - tonight might have been the time !

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I think that’s a fair enough selection. Any team we select is up against it tonight, but there is a fair bit of experience out there so hopefully they’ll be solid and keep their heads if things start to go wrong.

The subs bench shows us where we’ll need to strengthen next season with zero central midfield cover.

This with Knobs on !

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
35 years and 2 weeks ago (2 April 1983) Brighton last played a home league fixture against Tottenham. That was the first game that my Dad ever took me and my Spurs supporting brother to.

Tonight Brighton host Tottenham in the league again and to honour that game 35 years ago, I am bringing my Dad with me to the game (unfortunately my brother is in the US so can’t attend with us)

I don’t remember much of that game in 1983, but have viewed the YouTube highlights to jog my memory. It certainly wasn’t a classic but Chris Hughton had a good game for Spurs. However, the ending was a thriller, with 2 red cards and 2 late Brighton goals (Gatting and Ryan) to clinch a 2-1 win. I remember my brother crying all the way home after that.

Here’s to the same result tonight!

https://youtu.be/iUNGsSBrRRc

I had forgotten that we did away with red and yellow cards for a while.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here