Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Still 7 points clear

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Just done the predictor a couple of time and I think two of Stoke, Huddersfield and Southampton have to go on an incredible run in order for us to be relegated. Even if we don't get any more points. It might happen but its unlikely.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
It all adds a bit of excitement for the end of the season. Being about 10th, 11th, which we could have easily have been, would have meant there's not much to play for at this stage.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It all adds a bit of excitement for the end of the season. Being about 10th, 11th, which we could have easily have been, would have meant there's not much to play for at this stage.
Once again, the excitement of having stuff to play for has to be dependent on how well they are playing.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Chris Hughton is a very experienced defensive coach. Who would be better than him, prepared to be just one of the staff?
Perhaps he should stop being so bloody defensive-we might win a game now and again. 9 away goals all season is the worst record in the top 10 divisions in England. That is truly embarrassing.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Perhaps he should stop being so bloody defensive-we might win a game now and again. 9 away goals all season is the worst record in the top 10 divisions in England. That is truly embarrassing.

West Brom have only scored 8.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
West Brom have only scored 8.
I didn't factor in yesterday's goals. Still embarrassing.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I didn't factor in yesterday's goals. Still embarrassing.

Overall record is all that matters. Focusing on away goals is cherry-picking nonsense. Do you think Burnley fans are ‘embarrased’ that they’ve scored the least home goals in the league (14 to our 22)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In CH defence can he be held to account for the GM misses yesterday he could have quite easily scored another 3 goals from the chances that he had the i.e.one that went across the goal and missed the far post, the one that Sakho blocked and the one in added time from 3 yds out.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
35 won't be enough. We need another point.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In CH defence can he be held to account for the GM misses yesterday he could have quite easily scored another 3 goals from the chances that he had the i.e.one that went across the goal and missed the far post, the one that Sakho blocked and the one in added time from 3 yds out.

In CH defence can he be held to account for the defending which neutral football writers have condemned?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Frankly, if we are overtaken and get relegated, we will deserve it. The table doesn't lie. We can't really say we've been unlucky with injuries or the victims of poor refereeing decisions. But we can admit our players have defended poorly at times, missed excellent chances and failed to score the second goal on umpteen occasions. If we fail to turn up in the early stages at Burnley the way we did at Huddersfield, West Brom and Palace, then we'll probably be hoping for results to go our way on the last day.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Frankly, if we are overtaken and get relegated, we will deserve it. The table doesn't lie. We can't really say we've been unlucky with injuries or the victims of poor refereeing decisions. But we can admit our players have defended poorly at times, missed excellent chances and failed to score the second goal on umpteen occasions. If we fail to turn up in the early stages at Burnley the way we did at Huddersfield, West Brom and Palace, then we'll probably be hoping for results to go our way on the last day.

No one could argue with that. Over 38 games, the bottom 3 fully deserve it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Blimey - they can still catch us! What a disappointing way for Man City to win the title though.

We need 1 point on Tuesday then it is down to GD. I think that it is just prolonging the inevitable for them as they have Tottenham and Liverpool at home and Newcastle and Palace away.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Swansea,palace and west ham will be safe....so the realistic ones to drop If saints or stoke hit form will clearly be us and Huddersfield.I do think one of these two will hit a bit of form and us or Huddersfield will drop at the death.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Overall record is all that matters. Focusing on away goals is cherry-picking nonsense. Do you think Burnley fans are ‘embarrased’ that they’ve scored the least home goals in the league (14 to our 22)
It's not cherry-picking nonsense though is it? 9 goals in 16 games is terrible no matter how much spin you want to put on it with your 'overall record is all that matters' rah rah rah-ing. 3 at West Ham, 2 yesterday and 4 single goal games equals 12 goal-less games. Are you happy with that? We could still get relegated and those 12 games will have played their part if we do.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Swansea,palace and west ham will be safe....so the realist ones to drop If saints or stoke hit form are clearly us and Huddersfield.I do think one of these two will hit a bit of form and us or Huddersfield will drop at the death.

Jeez buddy - I hope you're proved wrong.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Swansea,palace and west ham will be safe....so the realistic ones to drop If saints or stoke hit form will clearly be us and Huddersfield.I do think one of these two will hit a bit of form and us or Huddersfield will drop at the death.

Good post.

The composition of the bottom 3 invariarably alters in the final month.

Too early to count chickens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here