Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "You're black and you stink" Rodriquez comment to Bong? - FA say not proven

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Evidence gathered at the hearing is being considered by the FA, but it could be three weeks before a verdict is announced.

Which virtually takes us to the end of the season, when the incident arose in a match in January.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
FA just waiting for the right moment to bury bad news. I have a feeling Mr Trump may be about to provide the ideal cover.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
So he could be found guilty in a kangaroo court at Wembley of "probably" racially abusing someone, and he has no recourse ?

Blimey.

Not exactly a "kangaroo court", though.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
So he could be found guilty in a kangaroo court at Wembley of "probably" racially abusing someone, and he has no recourse ?

Blimey.

I presume that if the FA charge stands and he can show a real loss due to the decision he could sue GB for damages and would only have to show that, on the balance of probabilities, he didn’t racially abuse him.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The whole things seems a bit of a farce atm. Carpet under sweep exercise seems likely in which case why bother in the first place ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Evidence gathered at the hearing is being considered by the FA, but it could be three weeks before a verdict is announced.

Which virtually takes us to the end of the season, when the incident arose in a match in January.
They want West Brom to be mathematically relegated before announcing the decision, so the relegation cannot be blamed on any sanction, and end up in court.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I presume that if the FA charge stands and he can show a real loss due to the decision he could sue GB for damages and would only have to show that, on the balance of probabilities, he didn’t racially abuse him.

I guess it depends what’s in his Premier League playing contract. I imagine there must be something in it to prevent this as I’m sure John Terry would have tried something? I recall teams could not sue each other, does this still hold?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The whole things seems a bit of a farce atm. Carpet under sweep exercise seems likely in which case why bother in the first place ?

Does seem to be taking forever ? surely by now some decision should have been made ?

PS, Did you enjoy Public Service Broadcasting last week ? had a marvellous time, nice to see we were not the oldest in there !

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Does seem to be taking forever ? surely by now some decision should have been made ?

PS, Did you enjoy Public Service Broadcasting last week ? had a marvellous time, nice to see we were not the oldest in there !

It was superb !

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

That's ok because if he gets a 5 match suspension, it will carry on until next season. Gordon Greer got a red card at Swindon, we bought him and he was suspended for our first two matches, because he'd only been suspended for one game at his previous club.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would say that everything fall down to the High Court ruling that by accepting their contract the players agree to any rules and or findings of the FA. so loss of earnings etc would be totally irrelevant. As has been stated if their was any avenue of a loophole John Terry legal team would have used it.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
EfBWdJT.gif

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here