Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Man City v Liverpool

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Lots of ticketless fans storming the entrances helped cause the disaster? Of course the policing, stewarding were also to blame.
Are you so f**king stupid to roll that bullshit out yet again? Maybe you should read about what actually happened. You can read I take it?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
What's the normal punishment for a street attack on a bus? I can't remember what happened to the Hammers 2 years ago.

Yeah pretty bad, if they'd been forced to play a game behind closed doors it wouldn't happen again

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Mick M gone?

giphy.gif

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Are you so f**king stupid to roll that bullshit out yet again? Maybe you should read about what actually happened. You can read I take it?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
You're an angry person. I hope you have sympathy for those people who died in the Heysel disaster. I don't know if you were there by the way.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Liverpool far better over 2 legs. Interesting that teams (Liverpool, Roma, probably Real Madrid) who are not going to win their domestic league have done better than two teams running away with their league.

Lots of new found Roma fans on here who prefer the authentic victory of one of the only limited company owned clubs in Italy, followed by sneaky, stabby, Vespa riding cowards over a fan owned club but each to their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Well done LFC. Very good result over two legs.
Bit unlucky having a Spanish ref but overall the reds deserved to win. It will be Bayern v Roma and Madrid v LFC.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Really? From what I've read on here, there is pretty widespread good-feeling for Chris Hughton's buddy.

I hope that's the case.

The mere mention of MM's name seems to attract mocking. I've always liked him. A decent manager, and he stood up to the bully Roy Keane at WC2002.

Last edited:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Liverpool far better over 2 legs. Interesting that teams (Liverpool, Roma, probably Real Madrid) who are not going to win their domestic league have done better than two teams running away with their league.

Lots of new found Roma fans on here who prefer the authentic victory of one of the only limited company owned clubs in Italy, followed by sneaky, stabby, Vespa riding cowards over a fan owned club but each to their own.

Bitter much? :laugh:

TBH I don't know much about Roma, but I do know Barca have got many dodgy decisions (partly aided by their cheating players) over the last decade in the CL (including last season), so I'm glad they've been humiliated tonight. It's always nice to support the underdog, too. Barca have had plenty of success over the years, so I can't say I feel at all sorry for their fans.

I told you Madrid would go further than Barca, and I was right (although maybe I shouldn't speak too soon :lol:)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Do me a favour. Barca are the most pretentious, money grabbing clubs in football. It is always a treat whenever they **** it up and I wish it would happen more often.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You're an angry person. I hope you have sympathy for those people who died in the Heysel disaster. I don't know if you were there by the way.

You lied in post #37: "Lots of ticketless fans storming the entrances helped cause the disaster". Proven to be a falsehood in three separate legal processes, and the originator of lie in 1989, South Yorkshire Police, have apologised.

Why did you lie?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Do me a favour. Barca are the most pretentious, money grabbing clubs in football. It is always a treat whenever they **** it up and I wish it would happen more often.

Never too far away from a government bailout either which supplements the constant bailouts on the pitch by officials. Pointless argument though, generally all clubs left in the CL from quarters onwards are shysters of some kind. I'd rather any english club be left in it than the bindippers bar one maybe two, but it may help us survive if they get further so I guess I have to be contented.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Poor Barca, they always try to do the right thing and this is what happens

Never see them openly using the press to tap up players, break FFP and then moan when other clubs do it - or even banned for illegally signing under age players.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Agreed. This is what I meant when I said they got it wrong at Anfield. Pep should have respected the challenge of playing Liverpool away in a cup tie. You know the crowd is going to be up for it and you know Liverpool’s strength is their front three so they’re going to throw everything at you. He needed to play a more defensive game to spoil it a bit, frustrate Liverpool and quieten the crowd before letting his attackers go for an away goal later in the game. Something like a 2-1 defeat wouldn’t have been too bad. By going there and playing their normal game they were vulnerable to exactly what happened.

Agreed. Liverpool have a few top individuals but they also have a few mediocre players in defence and midfield at this level. The really tough, experienced teams that know how to win in different ways will have a plan to stifle them at Anfield and expose their defence away. I hope Liverpool win it but I don’t see it.

I realise how odd this sounds given the league season they have had.

But if City hadn’t spent 5 years plus trying to get Pep he would be under serious pressure now and wouldn’t be a shock if he lost his job.

Last year was a complete failure and the club didn’t give him 500 million to win the league, league cup and have worse record in the CL than Pellegrini in a weaker CL.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here