Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We are safe?

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Yes but you're forgetting we're gash away from home :)

True, we're not great, but if you look at the away games against the teams in the bottom half, how many have we actually lost? Only West Brom, Hudders and B'mouth. The rest we've either drawn or won, and I really do think a point against Palace and Burnley would be a fantastic and achievable result.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If we pick up one more win, or grind out a couple of draws (easily possible against Palace, Burnley, maybe even Spurs/United at home), we're absolutely safe. Southampton and Stoke do not look like climbing out of this at all. People seem to forget the poor run of results we had in January before our revival. This isn't nearly as bad as then - we played very well against Leicester and didn't lose to a relegation rival.

What makes me laugh about all the pessimism going into Saturday is that anybody would think Palace are in the top half of the table the way people are talking. We are four points ahead of them with a game in hand (albeit against City). Yes, they are spirited, but so were we against Arsenal. They should be looking far more nervously over their shoulder than us.

Exactly - they’ve won 1 game in 10 coming into our match .

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
I have some bad news

Palace were pretty decent yesterday. Zaha, Townsend and Van Aanholt were swarming around like a load of blokes possessed.

Chin up though :)

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I don't think this can be resolved by a poll because it isn't a matter of opinion. It is a matter of fact. And the fact is we shall never know. Unless the OP tells us what he/she means.

Nevertheless it is either statement or a question.

As a statement it is false. It is akin to the endless 'it was a red card' or 'it was a penalty' statements. Stupid statements, because it was whatever the referee decided. Robbie Savage was doing this in his thicky style all over radio 5 last night during the northern ghetto derby. We cannot be safe till we are mathematically safe. We are not mathematically safe so we are not safe.

As a question, the answer is no, we are not safe (see above).

As a thread, I wonder if it safe to venture an opinion on the perceived probability of our staying up. Assuming it is, my view as a non-gambler is that six would get me only one in a bet we will stay up. That said, I can't see us winning another point now.That that said, if the point of the thread was to determine the odds of our staying up, I suspect the best plan would be to explore some of the online betting sites.

I hope that was both useful and helpful.

You been on the juice early today HWT :lolol:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I have some bad news

Palace were pretty decent yesterday. Zaha, Townsend and Van Aanholt were swarming around like a load of blokes possessed.

Chin up though :)
They have looked good for weeks but something is still not right as they ain't winning games

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
No..we have a pretty potent attack and their defence are like cheese...

Whats you attacking options like per chance ?

Well, we scored 3 against you lot, and we have 1 in 10 Glenn, who surprisingly, would be your top scorer this season if you hadnt sold him to us

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You been on the juice early today HWT :lolol:

I let my withering scorn get the better of me, and started enjoying the weft of my prose a little too much :lolol:

Maybe I should leave the comedy to [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] after all....:flameboun

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Yesterday's results mean we (Burnley) are now mathematically safe and cannot finish below 14th.

It would be good if Brighton are safe by the time they visit Turf Moor and don't need to scrap for points.:)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Yesterday's results mean we (Burnley) are now mathematically safe and cannot finish below 14th.

It would be good if Brighton are safe by the time they visit Turf Moor and don't need to scrap for points.:)

As a non Albion supporter, lancy, do you consider us to be safe?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
No we are not safe.

Just need a point or two

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Unfortunately, Chris Wood has a chip on his shoulder about us, and tries to get Lewis Dunk yellow carded or sent off. He is bound to score against us. Barnsey not so much even though he tried to rugby tackle Maty Ryan at the home game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here