Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Which is your least favourite football stadium?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Goodson Park. Not fit for purpose.
Another vote for Goodison. Like Old Trafford: Looks good from the outside but that's where it ends.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It can't be long before the pikey rabble nominate our 'Identikit' stadium whilst trying to convince the world that they have the best atmosphere.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Villa Park. A stadium with no atmosphere in a horrible place filled with some of the most boring, soulless people I’ve ever met.

I also don’t get this. I think it’s a great looking stadium. When we went last season many friendly fans wishing us all the best in the premier league.

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
Elland Road is stuck in a 1970's time warp.

The ground is surrounded by waste land and inside its dilapidated with small concourses and appalling facilities. Half of the away fans overpay for seats not even facing the pitch.

Its a long way to travel to for the worst possible football experience unless the Albion happen to win.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Elland Road is stuck in a 1970's time warp.

The ground is surrounded by waste land and inside its dilapidated with small concourses and appalling facilities. Half of the away fans overpay for seats not even facing the pitch.

Its a long way to travel to for the worst possible football experience unless the Albion happen to win.

Hands down an awful ground - not helped by the home fans

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
My least favourite used to be The Den at Millwall. The new stadium there is one of the original flat pack designs that has no inspiration.

No, I wouldn't include Selhurst. If 'they' hadn't been resident I think many of us would commend it's ability to blend old-school and recent.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Chelsea for me this season, horrible, soulless place.

I quite like Stamford Bridge as a ground, close to the pitch and steep stands, unfortunately, their crowd is poor.

This season it has to be The Taxpayers London Stadium for me, great stadium for athletics, crap for football.

I’m surprised we got to post#28 and no one has mentioned it, I imagine winning 3-0 has something to do with it.:albion2:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Still Middlesbrough for me, shit place, shit fans and shit ground, the holy trinity of shit.

And also for that Neanderthal from there that sang on a train to Falmer, Brightons a shithole I wanna go home

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I also don’t get this. I think it’s a great looking stadium. When we went last season many friendly fans wishing us all the best in the premier league.

I agree. A really stunning stadium on the outside, reasonable seating and views. Can't remember much about the concourse. Hideous, grotty pre match pub opposite, but my fault for not shopping around.

albionite

May 20, 2009
I quite like Stamford Bridge as a ground, close to the pitch and steep stands, unfortunately, their crowd is poor.

This season it has to be The Taxpayers London Stadium for me, great stadium for athletics, crap for football.

I’m surprised we got to post#28 and no one has mentioned it, I imagine winning 3-0 has something to do with it.:albion2:

It’s a great stadium just not a football one.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
:fishing:

One of the great grounds left standing, proper old school pubs nearby, easy to park and a quick getaway on to the motorway and a chance to have a weekend in the excellent pubs and curry houses in Brum.

My least favourite is easily St Mary's, a soulless bowl with terrible transport links full of the most miserable, inbred people on earth. It doesn't have a single thing going for it. The network of bridges and tunnels to get back to the station / Mayflower area would also have been quite "interesting" in the 80s :whistle:

What would I be fishing for? That’s my opinion. I hate the place. I went to university up there and visited all of the local grounds with some regularity, and Villa Park was a soulless sh*t hole. And the local area was a run down hell hole full of inbred wan*ers. Our opinions are different - why can’t it just be that way?

And a great shout for Reading. If a ground is ever a representation of its fans, then Reading’s stadium is it - mainly because their “fans” are usually up at Old Trafford watching their real team.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

To each their own. I didn’t go there last season as I’ve had my fill of the place from uni days. But my experiences have never been good.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Ricoh Stadium Coventry, no atmosphere or soul and it was about half full when I went. Locals were OK though.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Priestfield or Luton. There's not much to choose between them.

Of the more modern stadiums, the Britannia.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What would I be fishing for? That’s my opinion. I hate the place. I went to university up there and visited all of the local grounds with some regularity, and Villa Park was a soulless sh*t hole. And the local area was a run down hell hole full of inbred wan*ers. Our opinions are different - why can’t it just be that way?

And a great shout for Reading. If a ground is ever a representation of its fans, then Reading’s stadium is it - mainly because their “fans” are usually up at Old Trafford watching their real team.

Fair enough but if you asked 100 fans this question, excluding Birmingham fans, I doubt more than 2 or 3 max would even consider Villa Park. IMO its an example of how the traditional and modern can work together perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
My least favourite used to be The Den at Millwall. The new stadium there is one of the original flat pack designs that has no inspiration.

No, I wouldn't include Selhurst. If 'they' hadn't been resident I think many of us would commend it's ability to blend old-school and recent.

So so wrong. I love going to the new Den. Good atmosphere and you are so close to the action. On top of that, drinking around London Bridge.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015

I think you've nailed it on the head there! Brilliant stadium and West Ham are my second favourite team in the PL. :wink:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Ricoh Stadium Coventry, no atmosphere or soul and it was about half full when I went. Locals were OK though.

Used to hate Highfield Road,but have now transferred to the Ricoh.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here