Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] When we go to the Etihad

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Naylor announced a few weeks back that the likely announcement date would be Monday 19th

Is that because both clubs would prefer to play weekend of 20/22 April, rather than the midweek before. Cant see any other reason to delay the announcement. If so, I thought the clubs have a duty to rearrange fixtures at the earliest opportunity, albeit weekend would be much better for fans?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Is that because both clubs would prefer to play weekend of 20/22 April, rather than the midweek before. Cant see any other reason to delay the announcement. If so, I thought the clubs have a duty to rearrange fixtures at the earliest opportunity, albeit weekend would be much better for fans?

I Guess so.
City are due to play Swansea that weekend
We are due to play Spurs.

If Swansea & Spurs go through but we don't then that weekend is free for us and City.
The City game is already down as a TV game, and our planned game v Spurs that weekend has been moved to Friday Night.
So in this scenario we would no doubt be playing at City on the Friday Night.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I Guess so.

If Swansea & Spurs go through but we don't then that weekend is free for us and City.
The City game is already down as a TV game, and our planned game v Spurs that weekend has been moved to Friday Night.

Not only are Man City due to play Swansea that weekend, but Swansea have Spurs in cup. So there is no way we can play City that weekend, therefore they should be able to call the 17/18 April now?

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I Guess so.

Swansea & Spurs play each other, both can't go through.
If Spurs win, swansea play city that weekend.
If Swansea win, we play Spurs that weekend
If we lose we play spurs that weekend if they are also out. If we win, we play semi final that weekend.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Swansea & Spurs play each other, both can't go through.
If Spurs win, swansea play city that weekend.
If Swansea win, we play Spurs that weekend
If we lose we play spurs that weekend if they are also out. If we win, we play semi final that weekend.

Correct and as I said above we cant therefore play City that weekend so, sorry to sound like a stuck record, but what is the delay in calling the City game for 17/18 April?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Seeing as it will probably take place AFTER City have won the league, why don't we just bin it off to save the hassle and call it a draw? :jester:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Basically, our last 3 games could well be City, Utd and Liverpool - so we'd better get the points required for safety pretty sharpish.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Basically, our last 3 games could well be City, Utd and Liverpool - so we'd better get the points required for safety pretty sharpish.

Its worse than that mate- our last 5 games will definitely be City/Spurs/Burnley (A)/United/Liverpool (although not necessarily in that order), so lets pray we are safe before then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here