Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Getting excited now......can't wait for another DS signing!

This has to be the most boring pre season on record for transfers.

Please please let something happen soon before I fall............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I have heard it is regarding the Centre Back position (maybe more than 1)!

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Wasn't given timescales just told close! And maybe more than 1 CB! I dunno how true it is but they did tell me about the Murray deal well in advance of it being in the press and before any rumours started!

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Zamora

Calderon

Greer

Wilson

Sidwell was here last year does that really count?

Murray is the only real signing. of note

We have March and the big German to come back. Zamora didn't play last 15 games. We've made decent development squad signings that's could step up if required. So I stand by my comment. We are in better shape than last year.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
We have March and the big German to come back. Zamora didn't play last 15 games. We've made decent development squad signings that's could step up if required. So I stand by my comment. We are in better shape than last year.

Zamora 26 appearances

Wilson 25 appearances

Calderon 15 ?

Greer 20 ?

Those players alone contributed to a long season. It's vital to have depth to the squad. At the moment it isn't stronger than last season.

I'm concerned about the midfield more. It only appears Kayal,Stephens and Sidwell will play. The rest are being off loaded.

There's still time but as the squad stands it lacks depth for a top two finish in my books.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Zamora

Calderon

Greer

Wilson

Sidwell was here last year does that really count?

Murray is the only real signing. of note

Murray is an improvement on BZ. Greer and Calderon only made the numbers up and neither excelled but did a job. We have signed a young CB and full back to do what they did. So the only down is Wilson and hopefully that will be remedied.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Murray is an improvement on BZ. Greer and Calderon only made the numbers up and neither excelled but did a job. We have signed a young CB and full back to do what they did. So the only down is Wilson and hopefully that will be remedied.

Both Greer and Zamora (who scored 7 goals, some crucial & some inspirational) made 26 appearances last season. When fit Greer was invariably first choice. Surely more than "making up the numbers"?

The tendency towards rewriting history to prove a (dubious) point pisses me off tbh

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Both Greer and Zamora (who scored 7 goals, some crucial & some inspirational) made 26 appearances last season. When fit Greer was invariably first choice. Surely more than "making up the numbers"?

The tendency towards rewriting history to prove a (dubious) point pisses me off tbh

I agree with this. At this point we are weaker than last season and point we need to take on we did not get promoted so what we need to be is stronger than last year. We need 4 good strikers , a mid-field player who is at same level as kaya/stephens assuming both stay and an experience centre back.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Greer wasn't invariably first choice when fit though.......once Dunk and Goldson formed their partnership he couldn't get back in when fully fit.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
If we don't lose anyone then we are stronger than last year. March will be like a new signing. Absolutely no need to panic. We are in excellent shape.

That doesn't mean that our squad is stronger though, who knows how many long term injuries and to whom we will get this season?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Compared to START of last season :

Keepers - not better or worse

Full Backs - not better or worse

Center Backs - currently worse

Central Midfield - marginally better ? ( Sidwell, Towell > Crofts, JFC ??? )

Midfield Flanks - a lot better

Strikers - currently worse

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Greer wasn't invariably first choice when fit though.......once Dunk and Goldson formed their partnership he couldn't get back in when fully fit.

Precisely my point. Greer was injured for the final game of 2015 (29 Dec) and up to that point was selected first ahead of Dunk and then, when Dunk got back in the side, ahead of Hunemeier. Greer was first choice centre back for August through December when he was injured. FIRST CHOICE for more than half the season. That does NOT constitute "making up the numbers"

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Precisely my point. Greer was injured for the final game of 2015 (29 Dec) and up to that point was selected first ahead of Dunk and then, when Dunk got back in the side, ahead of Hunemeier. Greer was first choice centre back for August through December when he was injured. FIRST CHOICE for more than half the season. That does NOT constitute "making up the numbers"

I don't understand how anyone can say if we are better or worse than last year just yet. What if Ben Hall does the same as Connor Goldson did last season and surprise everyone, how would we be weaker then? What if Hambo shows the form he is showing in the under 21 so far this season, but in the first team. Why wouldn't he be a good replacement for Wilson (if he betters a 1 in 5 goal ratio for our first team this season at the end of it we would be saying he made our squad stronger than last season)? I think at the moment it is all ifs, buts, and maybes.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Compared to START of last season :

Keepers - not better or worse

Full Backs - not better or worse

Center Backs - currently worse

Central Midfield - marginally better ? ( Sidwell, Towell > Crofts, JFC ??? )

Midfield Flanks - a lot better

Strikers - currently worse

Seriously? We started last season with unknown quantity Hemed, Baldock and O'Grady as our strikeforce (Zamora was signed four days before the opening match but wasn't fit enough to make an appearance before league game 5, and didn't start until league game 9).

Even if we don't sign anyone else, we are a lot stronger in this department with Hemed (with a full season under his belt), Baldock and a fit and scoring Murray.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Zamora 26 appearances

Wilson 25 appearances

Calderon 15 ?

Greer 20 ?

Those players alone contributed to a long season. It's vital to have depth to the squad. At the moment it isn't stronger than last season.

I'm concerned about the midfield more. It only appears Kayal,Stephens and Sidwell will play. The rest are being off loaded.

There's still time but as the squad stands it lacks depth for a top two finish in my books.

Mine too.

It's a long hard season, players get injured, suspended or lose form. We need replacements who can step in. We have a good starting eleven yes, but not too much more than that. That's the worry for me.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
I don't understand how anyone can say if we are better or worse than last year just yet. What if Ben Hall does the same as Connor Goldson did last season and surprise everyone, how would we be weaker then? What if Hambo shows the form he is showing in the under 21 so far this season, but in the first team. Why wouldn't he be a good replacement for Wilson (if he betters a 1 in 5 goal ratio for our first team this season at the end of it we would be saying he made our squad stronger than last season)? I think at the moment it is all ifs, buts, and maybes.

Absolutely.
Bjordal is another who seems to be showing application and promise and could well make an early breakthrough.
I'd love to see a natural goalscorer come in but in possibly more concerned to add depth at centre back and in midfield

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here