Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed´s penalties

D

Deleted member 2719

I can't remember being more confident about one of our penalty takers.

This.

Does anyone know his success rate, i would have thought he is one of our more successful takers over the past 15 years.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Spanish Dave?
I can't remember, was his record good, but maybe he wasn't on the pitch enough to be a regular taker? Barnes did ok, but missed some too. I feel as confident as it's possible to feel with Tomer, although of course he'll miss some.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I can't remember, was his record good, but maybe he wasn't on the pitch enough to be a regular taker? Barnes did ok, but missed some too. I feel as confident as it's possible to feel with Tomer, although of course he'll miss some.

Spanish Dave didn't miss one whilst he was with us.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
He knows what he is doing. I'm pretty sure he doesn't just pass them softly one side and hope the keeper goes the other, he's have missed about 50% of them if he did that. He waits for the keeper to go and then slots it the other way or down the middle. That has to be a better way of taking a penalty than just blasting it as hard as he can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He knows what he is doing. I'm pretty sure he doesn't just pass them softly one side and hope the keeper goes the other, he's have missed about 50% of them if he did that. He waits for the keeper to go and then slots it the other way or down the middle. That has to be a better way of taking a penalty than just blasting it as hard as he can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Part of me agrees with the OP (I've never like his technique) but I'm also starting to think the above. He does seem to wait and go the other way to the keeper. It's very clever and ballsy if he does do this fwiw!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Part of me agrees with the OP (I've never like his technique) but I'm also starting to think the above. He does seem to wait and go the other way to the keeper. It's very clever and ballsy if he does do this fwiw!

Watch Messi take a penalty, he does the same thing. Loads of continental players do it as well. Must take a lot of practice.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Watch Messi take a penalty, he does the same thing. Loads of continental players do it as well. Must take a lot of practice.

Id be worried I'd literally miss the ball - and I mean literally :lol:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Id be worried I'd literally miss the ball - and I mean literally :lol:

Or hit it so gently that the keeper had time to dive, get up, run back and dive the other way and save it.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1

So good I posted it twice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here