Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Shane in the news again!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Peter Tatchell has a lot to say for himself and should have had the balls to call out the reporter for creating a non-story where there are no winners, only losers.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Peter Tatchell has a lot to say for himself and should have had the balls to call out the reporter for creating a non-story where there are no winners, only losers.

I don't think he feels it's a non-story though.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Maybe nothing pro active. But it won't help his cause. Hughton is a man of principal and I doubt he views his players being in the papers for non footballing matters as a good thing. Not least because it distracts from the football. Shane has been in the papers for sleeping with some Worthing slapper whilst married, an alleged affair with Katie Price and now this. However you look at it this has to be building a certain amount of irritation from within the club who pride themselves on their conduct. It's not quite three strikes and you're out but if you have players of similar ability I suspect Hughton will chose the one that is less hassle.

1. Was he married or living with his girlfriend? True they had children, but that doesn't mean they were married.
2. The 'slapper' from Worthing took a photo of him asleep, after getting drunk, but that doesn't mean he actually slept with her, especially if the beer had an effect on him. It was at a party where he stayed overnight.
3. Nobody has proved he is having an affair with Katie/Jordan

You are assuming a lot of things, and would make a good journalist for the gutter press.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Andre Gray's tweets were a great deal more oiffensive than these ones IIRC

I agree. Commenting on 'waxing eyebrows like a girl' to a mate, is hardly in the same category as all gays should burn in hell. The f*gg*t comment was pretty nasty, though.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't think he feels it's a non-story though.

Exactly. He feels the need to stick his beak into any story vaguely gay-related, but it's getting to the point where it feels like "the gay agenda" is being rammed down our throats. And I find that distasteful. It wouldn't surprise me if Peter Tatchell replied to this post, such is his ubiquitous reach.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Exactly. He feels the need to stick his beak into any story vaguely gay-related, but it's getting to the point where it feels like "the gay agenda" is being rammed down our throats. And I find that distasteful. It wouldn't surprise me if Peter Tatchell replied to this post, such is his ubiquitous reach.

And I assume you'd not be happy to have it rammed down your throat?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
True - but my point was the potential double standards, given that the club can ban a fan even if their behaviour wasn’t at a game or on the route to/from a game. So - if a fan brings the club into disrepute in Tesco’s, they could get a ban. Is that so very far from Shane’s situation?

This is all said tongue in cheek, but I think there’s a smidgen of truth...

The club can't ban a fan for, e.g., being a dick 5 years ago in a pub in Liverpool in a previous life as a Manchster United supporter, though.

FFS.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The club can't ban a fan for, e.g., being a dick 5 years ago in a pub in Liverpool in a previous life as a Manchster United supporter, though.

FFS.

Interesting point, that.

If an Albion fan was pulled up in the national media for something offensive written on social media a few years ago, I would not be surprised at all if the club issued some sort of ban along with a statement about how the fan is not projecting a positive image of the club etc.

In fact, I'd say a ban was more likely than not.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

One gets you ten he was cold called and told 'a footballer from Brighton has said such and such; what do you think'....The Sun usd to ring up the GLC at 4.30 on a Friday back before the days of media training and say to whoever answered, things like 'Islington council have banned Baa Baa Blacksheep, what is your comment?' Of course they would feel inclind to defnd a labour council decision. Except....it was all made up. No big fan of PT (he depresses me - not sure why; has all my sympathy for the shocking events of the Bermondsy election all those years ago, and that shitter Lib Dem hypocrite) but there you are.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Seagulls Priority Members and Brighton & Hove Albion match-ticket purchasers must at all times do everything within their power and control to protect and enhance the good name of the Club and not to diminish or besmirch the good name of the Club in any way or through any means. This includes, but is not restricted to, conduct at any Brighton & Hove Albion fixture, including the first-team, under-23s, women's and academy teams; all club events; while travelling to and from any match or event; and conduct on social media. The Club also does not tolerate foul and/or abusive behaviour towards staff either in person, or via any form of communication with Club staff, including telephone, email and social media. Anybody in breach of these rules, can expect a lengthy and potential life ban, depending on the severity of the breach.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
One gets you ten he was cold called and told 'a footballer from Brighton has said such and such; what do you think'....The Sun usd to ring up the GLC at 4.30 on a Friday back before the days of media training and say to whoever answered, things like 'Islington council have banned Baa Baa Blacksheep, what is your comment?' Of course they would feel inclind to defnd a labour council decision. Except....it was all made up. No big fan of PT (he depresses me - not sure why; has all my sympathy for the shocking events of the Bermondsy election all those years ago, and that shitter Lib Dem hypocrite) but there you are.

PT's aggressive/passionate tackling of any homophobia comes across as too confrontational, in your face. He seems unable to temper his reaction. Everything's a 10 out of 10 nuclear option, regardless of whether it's the very regrettable digital footprint ramblings of a young person years ago, to gay bashing.

The hypocrite was Simon Hughes. Devout Catholic, anti abortion, dinosaur.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Seagulls Priority Members and Brighton & Hove Albion match-ticket purchasers must at all times do everything within their power and control to protect and enhance the good name of the Club and not to diminish or besmirch the good name of the Club in any way or through any means. This includes, but is not restricted to, conduct at any Brighton & Hove Albion fixture, including the first-team, under-23s, women's and academy teams; all club events; while travelling to and from any match or event; and conduct on social media. The Club also does not tolerate foul and/or abusive behaviour towards staff either in person, or via any form of communication with Club staff, including telephone, email and social media. Anybody in breach of these rules, can expect a lengthy and potential life ban, depending on the severity of the breach.

Yep.

Notwithstanding the point that SD wasn’t an Albion player when he wrote whatever it is he wrote, it’s undoubtedly true that the club’s name has been diminished as a result. For a third time in a short period - the other two occurrences happening when he was an Albion player.

Nothing will be done, I doubt, and nor should it - but, it’s one rule for them that takes the dough and another for the poor customers paying it.

:whistle:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Interesting point, that.

If an Albion fan was pulled up in the national media for something offensive written on social media a few years ago, I would not be surprised at all if the club issued some sort of ban along with a statement about how the fan is not projecting a positive image of the club etc.

In fact, I'd say a ban was more likely than not.

That's the thing though. My point was that if the fan was a ManU fan back then and switched allegiance later.....

Churchill swapped parties at least once. Was he crucified by the tory press for what he said when he was a liberal? If he was I can imagine his response. Counted on two fingers.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
PT's aggressive/passionate tackling of any homophobia comes across as too confrontational, in your face. He seems unable to temper his reaction. Everything's a 10 out of 10 nuclear option, regardless of whether it's the very regrettable digital footprint ramblings of a young person years ago, to gay bashing.

The hypocrite was Simon Hughes. Devout Catholic, anti abortion, dinosaur.

And.....gay.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Let's face it, as a species we're prone to use anything as leverage to appear superior, often by disrespecting someone's perceived 'weaknesses' (in the eyes of the aggressor) be that race, gender, sexuality, physique, intelligence, age...the list is endless. But I don't believe people believe half of what they say or write sometimes, it's heat of the moment 'chimp off the leash' stuff that used to be almost instantly forgotten (and often forgiven) but is now captured forever and nearly always only used for malicious purposes. Fortunately, I'm floorless...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here