Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leon Balogun SIGNS [two-year deal]

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Correct me if I am wrong, but according to transfermarkt he actually isn't our player until july because thats when his contract runs out. Don't know if Mainz released him early or something and it's not really important, just seemed interesting

When Pascal Gross signed last summer, he was officially registered (as per the FA registration booklet) on June 10 2017.

I believe the transfer window for international signings opens on June 8 this year, so Balogun will be registered (and officially become our player) at or around that date.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Good. Welcome to the Albion, Leon. I'd never heard of you, but I hope the next two years are good both for the club and for you.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Seems like a smart, likable guy. Will be interesting to see how much game time he gets - and where.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
If we are going to start with Locardia up front at home, I can see a second striker starting with him.
Therefore, we would be resting Schelleto and Bong and playing three across the back with Dunk,Duffy and Balogun.

Would make some sort of sense. (Is we don't sell LD to liverpool for the rumoured £30 million)

edit: or maybe CG would just drop in to fill LD's place?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If we are going to start with Locardia up front at home, I can see a second striker starting with him.
Therefore, we would be resting Schelleto and Bong and playing three across the back with Dunk,Duffy and Balogun.

Would make some sort of sense. (Is we don't sell LD to liverpool for the rumoured £30 million)

Just out of interest, what has you seen from CH over the last few seasons, to make you think that's likely?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Liverpool are targeting Tarkowski and Lascelles according to one of today's papers.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
Just out of interest, what have you seen from CH over the last few seasons, to make you think that's likely?

I seem to remember him starting with two up front quite often at home in the Championship 16/17 season.
If we are going to progress next season I'm sure he is as aware as we are, that we need to score more goals. Therefore we need to be more attacking, at least at home.
Three at the back seems a logical solution to allow for the extra striker whilst leaving the midfield and wingers untouched.

Is my logic flawed?

edit: I have corrected your grammar for you, you're welcome

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Gross German team got relegated if my memory is correct, and he turned out to be a great signing. This chaps team stayed up, so this makes me optimistic about the quality of this player.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Perfect replacement for Uwe, and a strong candidate for the bench given his versitility, or even pushing hard for a first XI start.

A great start to the summer recruitment, hopefully we can get another couple in before things quieten a bit for the World Cup month.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Can’t see this. Looks very uninspiring unless he’s coming here to warm the bench

I can only say that it is a major sign of how far we've come that a 29 year-old defender with 16 international caps, off to the World Cup this summer, who has just played the season for a team in the Bundesliga, is seen as 'very uninspiring'

to some, that is

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I had to Google Mainz to see what type of town it was. Looks really nice place in Germany.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Well done the club on getting this bit of business done and dusted. I'm looking forward to seeing this lad play.

There's great value to be had in the German market and I'd be surprised if we don't do more Bundesliga business again this summer.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here