Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Queen Elizabeth on the move

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
That was part 2 of 3. The first one, Crewing Up, is on Iplayer.

I realised that at the end of this one, I've recorded it now, so will watch it later.

She is certainly a big ship, the deckheads are so high, not much chance of banging your head (repeatedly) on her.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
With the efficiency, stealth and accuracy of modern rocketry and missiles that ship is just one great big unmissable target. What a complete and utter waste of money.....and the bloody toilets don’t work!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't think the Russians have any thing to laugh about, as their Submarines tend to go down and stay down.
To be fair, bits of them come back up

c3172a2eefb205bbb9ac23646d380980.jpg

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I realised that at the end of this one, I've recorded it now, so will watch it later.

She is certainly a big ship, the deckheads are so high, not much chance of banging your head (repeatedly) on her.

Its not your head, but your shins that develop scars. Matelots will understand. Ive no idea how many times my shin hit a hatchway, but its left permanent scars.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Britain’s biggest warship, great programme and she welcomes her jets in the Autumn, I hope Chris Tyrell will be onboard to welcome fixed wing flying bacteria to the flat tops, hopefully [MENTION=338]smudge[/MENTION] will come out of retirement to direct them!!!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I've enjoyed both episodes so far, looking forward to the final one as it looks to have a bit more of an F35 focus to it, which suits me.

On a related note, a friend of my partner's has recently been appointed as CMO on the Queen Elizabeth.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
It is a great big moving target but...it's a thing of magnificence.

Anything that tells Putin to do one is OK in my book.

D

Deleted member 22389

Great programme. Appreciate the engineering that went in to it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
With the efficiency, stealth and accuracy of modern rocketry and missiles that ship is just one great big unmissable target. What a complete and utter waste of money.....and the bloody toilets don’t work!!

thats why they go about as a fleet, with destroyers having long range radar creating a perimeter defense.

el punal

We have Queen Elizabeth herself, the woman . There is the Q E 2 ocean liner & cruise ship , and now the aircraft carrier -
Am I alone in getting confused sometimes?

I’ll take you further with Queen Victoria, Gawd bless her!

Here we go : Victoria and Albert Museum, Victoria Station, Victoria Cross, Victoria tube line, Victoria state in Australia, Victoria sponge, Victoria embankment, Liverpool Victoria insurance company and many, many more.

Stayed confused! :drink:

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Cant believe I missed this thread before. Great stuff. Served 82-87..saw the Nimitz launch and land 90 aircraft while we were astern of her, all in about an hour once. Amazing sight..HMS Exeter, 83-86

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I’ll take you further with Queen Victoria, Gawd bless her!

Here we go : Victoria and Albert Museum, Victoria Station, Victoria Cross, Victoria tube line, Victoria state in Australia, Victoria sponge, Victoria embankment, Liverpool Victoria insurance company and many, many more.

Stayed confused! :drink:

Victoria Sponge

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
thats why they go about as a fleet, with destroyers having long range radar creating a perimeter defense.

Yeah right, it's really just willy waving from a faded colonial power with ongoing delusions of international grandeur - the main problem is that our willy is so small these days that it's liable to be the subject of scorn rather than admiration or fear!!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Cant believe I missed this thread before. Great stuff. Served 82-87..saw the Nimitz launch and land 90 aircraft while we were astern of her, all in about an hour once. Amazing sight..HMS Exeter, 83-86

I was on the Ark in 88 and saw the USS Missouri live fire a broadside off Subic Bay, with her big 16 inch guns, truly impressive. We were 7 miles away, and still felt the pressure blast

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Yeah right, it's really just willy waving from a faded colonial power with ongoing delusions of international grandeur - the main problem is that our willy is so small these days that it's liable to be the subject of scorn rather than admiration or fear!!

Let’s face it, there’s only 3 cocks in the fight anyhow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Britain’s biggest warship, great programme and she welcomes her jets in the Autumn, I hope Chris Tyrell will be onboard to welcome fixed wing flying bacteria to the flat tops, hopefully [MENTION=338]smudge[/MENTION] will come out of retirement to direct them!!!
[MENTION=338]smudge[/MENTION] will be still in his pit until they have all landed
That’s standard WAFU practice ⚓⚓

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave

The WO(AH), CPO(AH) & all the PO(AH)'s were all my lads on the Invincible. I have a call round when I'm back in UK.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The WO(AH), CPO(AH) & all the PO(AH)'s were all my lads on the Invincible. I have a call round when I'm back in UK.

Bet you’d like to be on the roof of that carrier Smudge when they start to recover those aircraft, apparently they have developed a rolling landing method rather than vertical, without traps of course!

Btw one of the PO’s is a Lass, did you have her too?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here