Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong's performance today.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I like my full backs physically imposing before anything else - Bruno gets exemption)

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'm just really happy that for the first time in a fair few years (barring last year perhaps with Pocognoli), we have had depth in the LB position - i don't have any fears regarding either Bong or Suttner at LB.

Fountainhead

Jan 31, 2011
Herts
Was always going to be Muzza ,should have been Bong
But hey that’s picking pepper out of Gnats shit
Great stuff boys

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Did anyone get past him today? >>> https://whisp.rs/2Em7f1D

"The most impressive of Bong’s stats, however, and one area in which no full-back in the league can top his performance, is his average of being dribbled past just 0.3 times per 90 minutes. This, combined with his solid tackles numbers, shows Bong is an excellent one-v-one defender, rarely outfoxed by a tricky winger when challenged."

How he has upped his game this season. I remember him getting ripped apart by Albert Adomah last season at home to Villa - totally different player this year.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Have to agree with OP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
We all know he's not the most technically gifted and has several areas he could work on, but he gave everything for that shirt today, give him a new contract

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Bollocks was he.

He was a bit poor in the first half as Shaquiri had the better of him, but he was definitely improved in the 2nd half - as our entire performance was.

I'll admit when we signed him i was a tad sceptical as he hadn't pulled out any trees with Wigan, but he's been dependable and managed to form some great partnerships, firstly with Lua Lua and now Izzy. He's a great player.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Very very short sighted. Nobody is arguing he's a bad player. But Suttner offers more to the team. That's my opinion, and it's not changing.

Bong was good today, and he's been good all season. He's solid defensively, he puts in his shift and does his best for the team and the club at all times. I will never be unhappy to see him in the shirt, and it's clear from social media posts that he's close with Schelotto and Izquierdo and Hughton has made multiple references to his impact off the pitch. Good luck to him all the time he's at the club.

richzl

Jan 18, 2011
Don’t get me wrong im a big fan of bong but him standing of defenders by 5 yards will get us into trouble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here