Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace reaction to Zamora signing.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So you've asked Dougie not to quote you, but you can still quote him ?
If he annoys you that much, put him on ignore .

Never used ignore but yeh may as well. And no, think about he concept of who quoted who first - penny may drop eventually :thumbsup:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
A club that has apparently only existed for 5 years but has managed to finish 11th and 10th in the top flight while you've never managed to reach 12th in 114 years.

Yep fair play, spent all your money, went down the pan owing many small businesses, started up again, got promoted, boasted about the amount of cash coming in, spending it on players whilst playing in the same cowshed in front of less supporters than our championship club.
No wonder one of your supporters tried to nick one of our seats, must have been a ST holder sick of sitting on his plastic piss stained seat at Selhurst.......nice cladding though.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Very fair post
The money that starts to flow in once your up distorts football
I'm expecting another relegation battle this season any better will be a bonus
And I throught zamara played well last season still holds the ball up well and will get his fair share of goals ,
I don't think there was a lot better out there for the money (wages) spent

That's why I'm quite pleased he's here. There a number of QPR matches last year where he showed how he is a very intelligent footballer. If he is used in the right way, I think we still have a big asset.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Could be a cracking signing for you lot or could go pear shaped in the click of a hip. Only a years contract so no big layout, So worth the risk I suppose.

The type of forward your team has been crying out for since FFS left, You just need to manage him correctly to get 25+ appearances out of him this season.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Could be a cracking signing for you lot or could go pear shaped in the click of a hip. Only a years contract so no big layout, So worth the risk I suppose.

The type of forward your team has been crying out for since FFS left, You just need to manage him correctly to get 25+ appearances out of him this season.

You've wiped Ulloa from your memory already, have you? Probably just as well.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Yep fair play, spent all your money, went down the pan owing many small businesses, started up again, got promoted, boasted about the amount of cash coming in, spending it on players whilst playing in the same cowshed in front of less supporters than our championship club.
No wonder one of your supporters tried to nick one of our seats, must have been a ST holder sick of sitting on his plastic piss stained seat at Selhurst.......nice cladding though.

Yep dishonourable lot from top to bottom aren't they. Whenever I think of Crystal Palace the thought of two admins in a decade comes to mind, but worse than that is, that from top to bottom they are a dishonourable club. This was demonstrated in the actions of Directors, Manager and players over Poogate and sums them all up as just low life individuals.
I can fully understand someone becoming ill and having the accident as it turned out their coach driver did, but their course of action was not to admit it, apologize and ask Albion staff to come and clean up the dressing room. No their manager used it to take advantage on the night and the players and directors remained silent throughout all the bad press BHA and accusations certain Brighton staff had to endure. Holloway, Parish and Browett instead of apologizing to Brighton just kept quiet and let them get all the bad embarrassing publicity throughout the media. Is this the act of decent honourable people?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Yep dishonourable lot from top to bottom aren't they. Whenever I think of Crystal Palace the thought of two admins in a decade comes to mind, but worse than that is, that from top to bottom they are a dishonourable club. This was demonstrated in the actions of Directors, Manager and players over Poogate and sums them all up as just low life individuals.
I can fully understand someone becoming ill and having the accident as it turned out their coach driver did, but their course of action was not to admit it, apologize and ask Albion staff to come and clean up the dressing room. No their manager used it to take advantage on the night and the players and directors remained silent throughout all the bad press BHA and accusations certain Brighton staff had to endure. Holloway, Parish and Browett instead of apologizing to Brighton just kept quiet and let them get all the bad embarrassing publicity throughout the media. Is this the act of decent honourable people?

However it worked for them did it not.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
However it worked for them did it not.
It did on the night. However, the club apologised profusely to CPFC and undertook an investigation that could have potentially cost someone their livelihood. And for months afterwards it was understood by all and sundry - including respectable media such as 5 live - that a member of BHA staff had shat in the middle of the dressing room floor, with most assuming that Charlie Oatway was responsible as it coincided with his dismissal. All the while, CPFC were fully aware of the reason for the mess and didn't think to mention it in order to save an awful lot of time, embarrassment and reputation to BHA.

The sort of class you expect from scumbags.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I couldn't give a shit what any Palace fan thinks about Zamora, their opinions are not relevant and bar one or two exceptions ignorant and ill-informed.

It certainly isn't lost on me though the continuing legacy of that play-off SF night at the Amex. It felt like it might be a huge crossroads for both clubs even at the time. We, and all honest Palace fans, know it could easily have been us establishing ourselves in the Premier League.

But I give them a lot of credit for what they have done since. You can get there, but then you have to make the right decisions. Getting rid of Holloway was brave but a masterstroke, Warnock did his job, and Pardew is doing his job - and I think their recruitment this summer so far has been really good. They are heading the way of Stoke, a decent and established PL team.

If we want to get back to playing them again regularly, and that was great and very enjoyable for a few short years after so many seasons apart, we are going to have to get promoted.

Agreed. It is particularly galling as whilst driving to work this morning, that lot up the road were mentioned by a presenter as a team to watch this year. They never usually mention anyone beyond the usual 5. This is a South African radio station mentioning the unmentionables. This is extremely upsetting and needs to be rectified as soon as possible.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It did on the night. However, the club apologised profusely to CPFC and undertook an investigation that could have potentially cost someone their livelihood. And for months afterwards it was understood by all and sundry - including respectable media such as 5 live - that a member of BHA staff had shat in the middle of the dressing room floor, with most assuming that Charlie Oatway was responsible as it coincided with his dismissal. All the while, CPFC were fully aware of the reason for the mess and didn't think to mention it in order to save an awful lot of time, embarrassment and reputation to BHA.

No doubt, and you expect nothing less from our friends up the road...

They worked it and played with it... as it is in their nature, it as they say a pig in "****" is very content.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave

....& that my friend is SPOT ON!

Absolutely this.

Bobby Zamora might just be a good signing,for Bha who knows? He might even get you to mid table
Of course there's going to be some banter on Palace sites he's 34 isn't he?
But to compare a former Premier league top goal scorer and golden boot winner to Zamora is beyond laughable
come on over 10k views and 12 pages:lolol:

Jealousy is eating away at you Peeps
May I suggest you all see a psychiatrist to help with the daily pain of knowing Palace are by far the bigger club at present and for most of history:thumbsup:

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Bobby Zamora might just be a good signing,for Bha who knows? He might even get you to mid table
Of course there's going to be some banter on Palace sites he's 34 isn't he?
But to compare a former Premier league top goal scorer and golden boot winner to Zamora is beyond laughable
come on over 10k views and 12 pages:lolol:

Jealousy is eating away at you Peeps
May I suggest you all see a psychiatrist to help with the daily pain of knowing Palace are by far the bigger club at present and for most of history:thumbsup:

Sums it up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here