Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
He would be a great acquition but l don't want the tail wagging the dog! Should give him a deadline to sign and if he doesn't then move on. I would like players who want to play for the club not players who only want to play for the club that offers the most money!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ironically the rise of websites such as NSC have all eaten away at its usefulness.

On a few occasions I've asked Paul Barber a very direct transfer-related question and on each occasion I received a reply which was almost word-for-word something that Andy Naylor was putting out at the time on the same supposed deal. I imagine I could do this all the time to try position NSC as being ITK on transfer stuff. There seems little point though - AN is doing it and continues to do it. From the very rare occasions I look at twitter, I sense he enjoys being in that position and I've no great desire to piss all over it.

In the same way I could go to the Albion press conferences, but for what purpose? To produce something which doesn't differ significantly from the stuff the Argus, BBC SCR et al are putting out? Doesn't feel like a good use of my time.

I've just seen AN's tweet from this morning and, unsurprisingly, it's not massively different to something I was told last night. Keep the faith etc.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
He would be a great acquition but l don't want the tail wagging the dog! Should give him a deadline to sign and if he doesn't then move on. I would like players who want to play for the club not players who only want to play for the club that offers the most money!

He has got a deadline to sing by 11 o’clock pm 9th August

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
On a few occasions I've asked Paul Barber a very direct transfer-related question and I received a reply which was almost word-for-word something that Andy Naylor was putting out at the time on the same supposed deal. I imagine I could do this all the time to try position NSC as being ITK on transfer stuff. There seems little point though - AN is doing it and continues to do it. From the very rare occasions I look at twitter, I sense he enjoys being in that position and I've no great desire to piss all over it.

In the same way I could go to the Albion press conferences, but for what purpose? To produce something which doesn't differ significantly from the stuff the Argus, BBC SCR et al are putting out? Doesn't feel like a good use of my time.

I've just seen AN's tweet from this morning and, unsurprisingly, it's not massively different to something I was told last night. Keep the faith etc.

Just for what it's worth I don't think you should be in the pocket of the club and have press passes etc.. I trust this site as it feels independent, represents the supporters and keeps Barber on his toes. Keep up the good work from a safe distance!!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I do think a lot of fans are a bit precious about transfers, not wanting a player to talk to any other club, insinuating that by doing so, they are using their club just to improve the offers they get.
I imagine that type of thing does go on , but, a lot less often than some think, and a footballers career is relitivaly short, and although extremely well rewarding, a bit precarious.
You have to remember, very few players have any emotional connection with a club before they join it, unlike fans, so, if they hang on for the most suitable deal for themselves, who can blame them.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I do think a lot of fans are a bit precious about transfers, not wanting a player to talk to any other club, insinuating that by doing so, they are using their club just to improve the offers they get.
I imagine that type of thing does go on , but, a lot less often than some think, and a footballers career is relitivaly short, and although extremely well rewarding, a bit precarious.
You have to remember, very few players have any emotional connection with a club before they join it, unlike fans, so, if they hang on for the most suitable deal for themselves, who can blame them.

Agreed. If we were signing players that no other club was even interested in, that would surely be a good reason to worry. I am sure this happens with a lot of transfers, it is just much more high profile for us with certain ones like Pritchard and Jahanbakhsh (and after Pritchard fans are quite wary).

As you say, there is no reason for Jahanbakhsh not to listen to other offers if they come up. Hopefully he signs for us but he has the right to listen to any club interested in him.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Hi guys,
I‘m a swiss-iranian fan and also member of persianfootball.com.
I‘m following your thread for days. I have to admit that at the beginning I was hoping that Jahanbakhsh moves to Leicester but after reading your forum and the one of the Leicester fans I really hope he comes to Brighton! You seem like really good fans and I have the feeling that Jahanbakhsh is much more welcomed by you.
Actually, I have a good feeling that the conformation will come today or tomorrow. You should be ready to receive thousands of new iranian fans and all your instagram posts will be full of persian comments :)
I hope the transfer is officiall as soon as possible and that I can stay in this forum.

Go Brighton! :albion2:

Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I certainly think those that only want players who truly want to play for Brighton & Hove Albion FC are being a bit idealistic. Different players will have different priorities in terms of what they are looking for with money, chance of first team football, playing in the Premier League and international recognition all factoring to some degree or another from most I suspect.

However, I can't imagine too many of our foreign imports grew up with a dream of pulling on our particular blue and white stripes and plying their trade in leafy Sussex.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
If it was the first sign of trouble then I’d be with you, but it seems quite a labourious saga now (again). Hughton must love the guy - I hope he’s right in his assessment.

The situation from the players end was very different the last time.

He was playing in the ''Top Flight'' in Holland at the time

We were in the ''2nd Flight'' in England

You can dress it up how you like but the guy had confidence in himself that if he bided his time then a ''Top Flight'' English or German or Spanish or Italian Club would come along so from his point of view he made the right decision a few years ago whether we like it or not

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008

I thought anyone who runs a blog, site or makes a cup of tea for a real journalist can attend a press conference? Hardly an exclusive :timmy::D

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
I certainly think those that only want players who truly want to play for Brighton & Hove Albion FC are being a bit idealistic. Different players will have different priorities in terms of what they are looking for with money, chance of first team football, playing in the Premier League and international recognition all factoring to some degree or another from most I suspect.

However, I can't imagine too many of our foreign imports grew up with a dream of pulling on our particular blue and white stripes and plying their trade in leafy Sussex.

I did!!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Agreed. If we were signing players that no other club was even interested in, that would surely be a good reason to worry. I am sure this happens with a lot of transfers, it is just much more high profile for us with certain ones like Pritchard and Jahanbakhsh (and after Pritchard fans are quite wary).

As you say, there is no reason for Jahanbakhsh not to listen to other offers if they come up. Hopefully he signs for us but he has the right to listen to any club interested in him.

Tapping up is still prohibited. Hence the rumours start when leaks occur at the other end. Seller is assumed to have given permission for buying club to speak to the player.

Peteinblack

NSC Patreon
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

Then they ought to have more ambition :bhasign:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Tapping up is still prohibited. Hence the rumours start when leaks occur at the other end. Seller is assumed to have given permission for buying club to speak to the player.

What's tapping up got to do with it? I'm talking about if two clubs have offers accepted for a player and they want to talk to both clubs.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I want local papers to survive, but it seems they're fighting against an inexorable change. From 100,000 Argus copies sold in the 1980's to just 10,000 sold copies now. Their only hope is the website, but it's awful, drowning in ads and popups, making it an unpleasant read.

Ironically the rise of websites such as NSC have all eaten away at its usefulness.

I think we'll end up with just the huge conurbations/regions holding on - Manchester Evening News, Liverpool Echo and Yorkshire Post for example.

Covering the Albion is the last thing the Argus does really, really well. I think it would have been closed down by Newsquest were it not for our club. And Andy Naylor.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here