Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Romain Vincelot

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I remember he and Ashley Barnes ( if my memory serves me correctly) getting sent off against Burnley in the first 9 minutes in one of the early Amex matches! Liked him as a player so good luck for his career at Crawley

A game that was settled by a goal from new England hero, Kieran Trippier.

Vincelot was a beneficiary of the 5 sub rule, we needed someone to cover every position on the pitch as a back up option. But he was a victim of his versatility and never nailed down a place, which was a shame because he's clearly a competent player. A move to Crawley isn't a bad thing for him and I think they'll be a good outside bet for promotion this season.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
We are playing Crawley today in a behind close doors game, his first 'game' might be against us.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
A game that was settled by a goal from new England hero, Kieran Trippier.

Vincelot was a beneficiary of the 5 sub rule, we needed someone to cover every position on the pitch as a back up option. But he was a victim of his versatility and never nailed down a place, which was a shame because he's clearly a competent player. A move to Crawley isn't a bad thing for him and I think they'll be a good outside bet for promotion this season.

You may be right re Crawley and promotion, once or twice last season they looked as if they might make a challenge before falling away towards the end. Shame they couldn't settle their differencies with Dean Cox, who is another player who might have made a telling contribution this season..

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I felt like walking out after ten minutes...my whole Saturday afternoon ruined....turned out to be a cracking match and atmosphere...we almost got something out of the game when CMS was through......but alas

I remember that last minute chance so well. Gutted he didn't put it away.

CMS and OGH - two of the worst players I've ever seen in 1 on 1's. If they had too long to think about it - forget it. In those situations, they had all the guile and composure of a man with his trousers on fire.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
i LOVED Romain, thought he never let us down when he was called upon (apart from the Burnley match, but i'll forgive him as it was such a cracking match).

Loved his header v Cov - the first match I took my ex to so has some significance.

Good luck to him, I've always kept one eye on how he's done (as i do with a few of the ex players that i've a soft spot for).

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Very well put, Romain Vincelot, quite a rare thing nowadays, seemingly a professional footballer who played the game primarily for the love of it.

Largely injury hit when he was at the Albion, but always gave his all when he pulled on the shirt.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
- he was very unlucky to get sent off vs Burnley.

Unlucky? He punched someone - it was of the clearest red cards you're likely to see.

He was a good pro though and did a professional stint for us. Hope he enjoys his retirement

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Was a victim of circumstance with us, as we signed him as he could play so many positions but then the bench got extended from 5 players to 7, and then he was very unlucky to get sent off vs Burnley.

Did he not tonk one of the racists? It was off the ball, in the south west corner as I recall. That was a rum old game. ???

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Did he not tonk one of the racists? It was off the ball, in the south west corner as I recall. That was a rum old game. ???
Excuse pedantry HWT Twas the N/W corner I thought
Then aye aye Ashley tripped the ref
The stadium was absolutely rocking that day
If only CMS had put that chance away near the end for an equaliser

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I always think back fondly to 'that' game.
I view it as the match in which WE finally took ownership of The AMEX.

Prior to that I think there was more than a touch of 'don't stand on the new carpet'.
Then The Great Escape started and we all got involved.

As an aside - have a look back at season 1 AMEX, it looks very different and very sparse compared to now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here