Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Making my first foray into Paul Beatty with Slumberland.

On the non-fiction front The Girl With Seven Names a great read about escaping from North Korea.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
jimmy.jpg

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Assassin's Quest by Robin Hobb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I have that on my shelf to read, hope it lives up to the hype.

Currently finishing Hans Fallada's Alone in Berlin. Absolutely fantastic book and a writing style quite unlike anything I've read before. It's all very simple, yet the tension and fear he manages to build up whenever the Gestapo/SS become involved is palpable.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Oh I have that on my shelf to read, hope it lives up to the hype.

Currently finishing Hans Fallada's Alone in Berlin. Absolutely fantastic book and a writing style quite unlike anything I've read before. It's all very simple, yet the tension and fear he manages to build up whenever the Gestapo/SS become involved is palpable.

That sounds good. Will add that to my list.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Finished " End of World Running Club" by Adrian Walker - Good read really enjoyed it, flew through it in a few days.. really makes me want to exercise, and not waste a minute as it were.

Now onto " The Seventh Scroll " by Wilbur Smith. 2nd in his Egyptian series, bit of a Treasure Hunt for a missing Pharaoh's Tomb, good easy read and Im racing through so a good sign.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The Paris Wife. All about Ernest Hemingway and his first wife Hadley Richardson. If you like Hemingway and writers like F Scott Fitzgerald, then you'll love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I have had the Johnny Rotten autobiography since last Christmas and not got round to reading it. Going to start it this week though.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The Poisoning in the Pub by Simon Brett. Part of his " Fethering " series of lighthearted detective novels set in West Sussex that I discovered a few days ago in the library. Rather good. I'm looking forward to getting stuck into these. The author lives in Arundel and the influence and references to Sussex locales and the Downs is a joy.
Also reading The Silent World of Nicholas Quinn by Colin Dexter. Also very good.

Last edited:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
The First trailer for " Ready Player One " has been released if you have not seen it, really hope they make a good job of it :)

Just watched that. PLaying Joust in amongst all that eye candy is going to look a bit funny surely!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Diary of Anne Frank. Been meaning to get round to it for years, but finally picked it up as I'm off to Amsterdam in a couple of weeks and wanted to visit the annexe. Its very poignant.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
The Diary of Anne Frank. Been meaning to get round to it for years, but finally picked it up as I'm off to Amsterdam in a couple of weeks and wanted to visit the annexe. Its very poignant.

Poignant isn't the word for the Museum. Made me and a lot of others cry. Get there early - the queues are huge. I was more affected by it than my recent visit to the Imperial War Museum Holocaust exhibition.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Poignant isn't the word for the Museum. Made me and a lot of others cry. Get there early - the queues are huge. I was more affected by it than my recent visit to the Imperial War Museum Holocaust exhibition.

Cheers. I'll be booking tickets in advance online (although I gather there's still a queue when you get there). The whole subject fascinates me, I've been looking at the plans of the building and the secret annex at the back. Its going to be very strange and emotional going there, having read the diary.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here