Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Redknapp has left!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
"Harry Redknapp, it's never his fault"

Taken from the BBC Sport website: "Redknapp said: "I took over a team that got out of trouble on the last day of last season, they'd had two wins out of 25, they weren't good enough. It needed change.

"But unfortunately I couldn't get the players in that I was after and it went down to deadline week before I got a big influx.

"Then it was six players making their debut on one day, then three games in that week, so even working on the training ground was difficult.

"It's a shame I didn't have the chance to see it through but time is something you don't get an awful lot of.""

Any more excuses he could have come out with? :moo:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Could you imagine Arry and family on Family Fortunes, now that would be something I'd pay to watch.
Racking my brains who'd be the opposing family? :cool:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Must be a load of hugely expensive things he can buy for them that'll help ?

Redknapp walks into a garden centre to buy a new lawn mower. Having settled on a new petrol model he gets round to agreeing to buy.

That'll be 259.99 sir

Old bagpuss looks back and says its a triffic lawn but me garden is down to the bare nones i'll give your a grand for it

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
"Harry Redknapp, it's never his fault"
Except that it's totally his fault.

Taken from the BBC Sport website: "Redknapp said: "I took over a team that got out of trouble on the last day of last season, they'd had two wins out of 25, they weren't good enough. It needed change.
They were 7th before Zola messed it up for them, they were a reasonable side before you any summer improvements. The one glaring part of the side that wasn't good enough was the manager. That's you Harry, you ****ing useless tw@.

"But unfortunately I couldn't get the players in that I was after and it went down to deadline week before I got a big influx.
How much did you spend?

The Guardian manages to have a pop at Birmingham's owners AND 'Arry. Triffic
“Sacked in the morning,” sang the Preston fans, which turned out to be too optimistic by about 12 hours.

:lol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Redknapp’s dismissal was announced 50 minutes after the end of his post-match press conference, during which he spoke to the written media for 13 minutes. In that time he made 19 references to his position being “difficult” or “hard”, mentioned injuries 21 times, pointed to individual mistakes by his players over which he had no control 10 times and intimated once that they failed to follow his instructions.
:laugh:

I'd like to see the full conference. I've never seen a manager like him. And no Harry, that's not a compliment.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've just read that since Birmingham sacked Rowett, they've been through two high profile managers, £28m in transfer fees and won FIVE games. For that money, they could have bought Burton Albion, just rebadged them as Birmingham City and been better off in the league.

Well done Arry and Zola, and the owners. Tremendous club management all round.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
:laugh:

I'd like to see the full conference. I've never seen a manager like him. And no Harry, that's not a compliment.

He's the anti-Hughton, isn't he? I don't think I've ever heard Chris make excuses for a defeat. With Redknapp it's always someone else's fault. I pity the next club he gets tangled with

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Interesting footnote about Nathan Jones at the bottom of that article: "Usually, if a team wins a game in the 98th minute having been 1-0 down after 88, you’d expect their manager to be delighted. Not Luton Town’s Nathan Jones, though. After celebrating his side’s win over Wycombe with some gusto, Jones bemoaned his side’s defending, criticised his own team selection and revealed his assistant, Paul Hart, wasn’t happy either. “I’ve just had an absolute rollicking from my assistant in terms of how I prepared for games,” he said. “I’m going to have to change a few things. I respect him, he’s a mentor to me, and I’m going to learn, I’ve learnt today.” Some people are just tough to please."

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Interesting footnote about Nathan Jones at the bottom of that article: "Usually, if a team wins a game in the 98th minute having been 1-0 down after 88, you’d expect their manager to be delighted. Not Luton Town’s Nathan Jones, though. After celebrating his side’s win over Wycombe with some gusto, Jones bemoaned his side’s defending, criticised his own team selection and revealed his assistant, Paul Hart, wasn’t happy either. “I’ve just had an absolute rollicking from my assistant in terms of how I prepared for games,” he said. “I’m going to have to change a few things. I respect him, he’s a mentor to me, and I’m going to learn, I’ve learnt today.” Some people are just tough to please."

I'm glad we got rid of him, miserable WELSH windbag, funny how once he left how well we've done ???

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here