Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A simple idea that could save cyclists from getting injured

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If a bike is hit by a door surely it is cycling too close to the car? Another case of irresponsible bike riders!

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Maybe if they used their designated lanes that us car drivers paid for!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

No, you pay a vehicle tax....that doesn't get spent on roads or anything like that.

[emoji605] [emoji609] [emoji592] [emoji594] [emoji595] [emoji597] [emoji598] [emoji602] [emoji603] [emoji604] [emoji600]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
I assume the cyclist is a Mossad spy, right, WD?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Driver should open car door with the left hand in the UK

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41219977

I think its a duffer.

Most car owners seem to care more for their motor than anything else, so if they don't think that their door might be ripped off by a another vehicle why would they think about a cyclist?

Moving the handle back so it can't be reached by the right hand without twisting well out of position would be a better way of forcing it, but that ain't gonna happen.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Maybe a better solution would be just to remove all car doors.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
IMG_0875.JPG
cycling gets you fit didn't you know.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
This is something I'm naturally very aware of whenever I get out of my car after it happened to me when I was about 14 cycling to school one morning. I went flying over the car door. Because of that experience I am extra vigilant about approaching cyclists whenever I open my car door.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
This is something I'm naturally very aware of whenever I get out of my car after it happened to me when I was about 14 cycling to school one morning. I went flying over the car door. Because of that experience I am extra vigilant about approaching cyclists whenever I open my car door.

Far too sensible for this forum. You've not mentioned tax or red lights once.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Most are voluntarily on the pavement already.

Except when they're jumping red lights of course. And why isn't there a straight Pride?

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Just obey the traffic lights, and stop going the wrong way up one way streets, ok?

And pay your road tax. Why isn't there a straight pride?

I live in Amsterdam.... No cyclists obey the traffic lights, all cyclists go the wrong way up one way streets and they don't pay road tax here either.

Doesn't seem to cause much of a problem here though

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
As a motorcyclist I always remember what I was taught when learning. Always assume the worst, that a door will open in a line of parked cars, that car will pull out of a junction etc. That way when it does happen, which it does, you are prepared.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I live in Amsterdam.... No cyclists obey the traffic lights, all cyclists go the wrong way up one way streets and they don't pay road tax here either.

Absolutely. There's a laissez faire attitude there and in much of mainland Europe that is sadly lacking here.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Same here in Berlin. Also, cars actually slow down and give way to pedestrians a fair amount of the time as well. This later point took some getting used to.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Whatever it is, I against it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here