Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rumours Rumours Rumours - a question

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Since the departure of Sammy et al and the arrival of Mr Winstanley, how many of our actual signings have been featured in a rumours thread ?

I'll start with BZ - any more ?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think there may have been one or two threads about Glenn Murray before he returned. Could be wrong.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think there may have been one or two threads about Glenn Murray before he returned. Could be wrong.
And that's why an 'except former players' caveat needs to be added.

I wrote Tomer was the kind of player the club should be looking at, about 18 months before he signed.

Last edited:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Pritchard.

oh..

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
There have usually been stories but mainly these arise once the main part of the deal has been done. At that point it is often an agent trying to get more.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wonder if we'll still get players diverting once on the motorway to sign the deal a la Pritchard and Ward. The fact that it has happened twice recently is mind boggling, can lightning strike three times?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I wonder if we'll still get players diverting once on the motorway to sign the deal a la Pritchard and Ward. The fact that it has happened twice recently is mind boggling, can lightning strike three times?

What was the Ward one?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I wrote Tomer was the kind of player the club should be looking at, about 18 months before he signed.

look+at+me.gif

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
On loan yes and terms were agreed. Burnley who had just been promoted fancied themselves a bargain though.

Burnley LOVE a bargain, bloody cheapskate club. Norwich, Reading and Burnley have seen us as a bargain basement feeder club over the last few years. Those days are gone :smile:

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
I have to say, apart from possibly not being able to compete yet with some of the more established premier league teams when it comes to wages, we will be a really attractive proposition for a lot of decent players next season:

Premier league football
Regular first team football
State of the art training facilities
Great new stadium
Great location/city to live in, with easy links to London/Gatwick

You have to think we'd be a more attractive prospect compared to the likes of Bournemouth, Watford, Palace, Burnley etc.? We could see some real top-notch talent here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here