Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many illegal immigrants...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
i came back through the tunnel about 5 weeks ago,this exact scene was going on under the noses of the police,the police seemed massively outnumbered,people were jumping into lorries in full view view of the police,the motorway was a bit of a bizarre battleground with immigrants and police scrapping everywhere,seems to be a big problem especially when the lorries are forced to stack because of a transport delay issues in the tunnel.
I was in Calais last week & didn't see one immigrant hanging around. It appeared to be calm & normal.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
i find that quite interesting
I personally dont ignore anyone on NSC,i would rather hear all opinions even if i dont like them.

how many people are on your ignore list now considering this thread has made you add some more? i cant help but feel you are missing out on debate by simply ignoring loads of people

You don't know the half of it. I also put the illiterate on there. I have a three strikes and out policy on awful spelling and elementary grammar mistakes. Interestingly I've found that the people I have the urge to put on the ignore list for talking crap are also usually the ones who can't spell or write a coherent sentence anyway.

It's almost as if they're a bit thick or something.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I was in Calais last week & didn't see one immigrant hanging around. It appeared to be calm & normal.

i dont dispute your observation at all.i have seen nothing to report at all on a number of occasions.....i have also seen what has been highlighted above

was the tent camp still there next to the off ramp for the tunnel exit or has it been broken down?.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You don't know the half of it. I also put the illiterate on there. I have a three strikes and out policy on awful spelling and elementary grammar mistakes. Interestingly I've found that the people I have the urge to put on the ignore list for talking crap are also usually the ones who can't spell or write a coherent sentence anyway.

It's almost as if they're a bit thick or something.

pretending to have people on your ignore list when you dont have any.........whats that called again?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
i dont dispute your observation at all.i have seen nothing to report at all on a number of occasions.....i have also seen what has been highlighted above

was the tent camp still there next to the off ramp for the tunnel exit or has it been broken down?.
It must have been broken down as I didn't see anything.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It must have been broken down as I didn't see anything.

seems to be a running theme with Calais......camps one week,gone the next......immigrants fighting with the police one week,massive crackdown the next.I come through Calais about every 3 months,i have a regular restaurant i eat at and have done for years.The owner has been telling me for quite a while this problem has had a massive impact on his business from English tourists who are avoiding the town.
He is totally frustrated as all these people are in Calais illegally.......I guess this is the EU and freedom of movement in action

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
There was a massive shanty town by the ferry terminal two weeks ago, possibly a thousand tarpaulin houses on the scrub between the motorway and the sea. Desperate.

D

Deleted member 22389

seems to be a running theme with Calais......camps one week,gone the next......immigrants fighting with the police one week,massive crackdown the next.I come through Calais about every 3 months,i have a regular restaurant i eat at and have done for years.The owner has been telling me for quite a while this problem has had a massive impact on his business from English tourists who are avoiding the town.
He is totally frustrated as all these people are in Calais illegally.......I guess this is the EU and freedom of movement in action

The Italians are threatening to give everyone Visas so they will leave Italy. The whole thing is out of control. We could see this coming years ago but the EU did nothing about it. We should adopt the Australian approach and send people back. Feel sorry for the people in Calais having to deal with this.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
The Italians are threatening to give everyone Visas so they will leave Italy. The whole thing is out of control. We could see this coming years ago but the EU did nothing about it. We should adopt the Australian approach and send people back. Feel sorry for the people in Calais having to deal with this.

I agree it's out of control, but I'm sick and tired of hearing about Australia's bloody immigration policy. You've got to be able to see the differences between Europe and Australia haven't you? They don't have to deal with the same issues as we do. They don't border any other countries and it's a pretty long boat journey from the nearest war-torn country.

Sending them back just won't work. They're desperate. They'll try again. And we'll be faced with more and more bodies in European waters.

I just don't see there being an easy fix other than Libya and the like suddenly becoming a place where people feel like they can live... which isn't going to happen any time soon.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
What a lovely comment.

What do you think makes these people so desperate that they would rather drown than go home?
I dont know, and i dont care if im going to be brutally honest, i dont wish them any ill or take pleasure in their misfortune, but i have that strange old attitude of wanting the best for ME AND MINE , and that doesnt include having millions of dirt poor, illiterate, diseased economic refugees turning up here , and attitudes on here will/would change if/when they start turning up next door to , or in the schools and doctors surgeries of certain posters on here advocating letting them in.

Jan 30, 2008
i find that quite interesting
I personally dont ignore anyone on NSC,i would rather hear all opinions even if i dont like them.

how many people are on your ignore list now considering this thread has made you add some more? i cant help but feel you are missing out on debate by simply ignoring loads of people
another din that can't face facts
regards
DR

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I agree it's out of control, but I'm sick and tired of hearing about Australia's bloody immigration policy. You've got to be able to see the differences between Europe and Australia haven't you? They don't have to deal with the same issues as we do. They don't border any other countries and it's a pretty long boat journey from the nearest war-torn country.

You make a good point. I was at a talk last week and the chap was speaking about the nonsense of cities and nations looking to others for ways to fix their own issues. He was talking about economics but his theories hold in other areas as well. The basis of his thoughts were that each country and city is unique and that the supposed gold-standards are not fix-alls but actually bespoke solutions to specific issues and consequently don't transport. Nicking other ideas to try and fix your own also demonstrates a distinct lack of imagination.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
It's only the non-white immigrants that seem to worry people though. They're easy to pick out from the crowd.
i genuinely dont think its colour, its culture , i.e a totally incompatible one with our way of life.

Jan 30, 2008

Sending them back just won't work. They're desperate. They'll try again. And we'll be faced with more and more bodies in European waters.

I just don't see there being an easy fix other than Libya and the like suddenly becoming a place where people feel like they can live... which isn't going to happen any time soon.
how do you know it wouldn't work no one's sent them back yet, the sooner they do the better, they'll keep comming knowing they wont be sent back, phone a friend and all that :nono:
regards
DR

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I dont know, and i dont care if im going to be brutally honest, i dont wish them any ill or take pleasure in their misfortune, but i have that strange old attitude of wanting the best for ME AND MINE , and that doesnt include having millions of dirt poor, illiterate, diseased economic refugees turning up here , and attitudes on here will/would change if/when they start turning up next door to , or in the schools and doctors surgeries of certain posters on here advocating letting them in.

Who are "ME AND MINE"?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

I actually appreciate your honesty. I don't agree. I think it's a bit too selfish. Which is exactly how those people wanting to move here are thinking.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I actually appreciate your honesty. I don't agree. I think it's a bit too selfish. Which is exactly how those people wanting to move here are thinking.

This is what I was thinking. Two groups of people looking out for themselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here