Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Bellotti dead!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I posted on the Lib Dem Voice, only to say he's never be forgotten in Brighton. My post never made it.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just how delusional can LibDems get?

John Austin 11th Jun '15 - 4:56pm

Very sorry to hear this sad news. Although we came from different political perspectives em shared a passion for local democracy and for involving young people in the political process. I was pleased to work with him on the Asoociation of Former MPs and to have his support for setting up the Parliamentary Outreach Trust. Many Seagulls supporters will miss him too. He was always polite, friendly and cheerful and when I last saw him only a a few months ago, he looked in very good health

Guess one party I will never be voting for again ...........

Anyone posted any comments on there that have been quickly deleted?

Is this guy just trying to be provocative?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Bellotti:Have we all moved on?

Even at the risk of getting flamed, some personal thoughts that have come out over the course of today.

Like thousands of other Albion fans for nearly 20 years I've almost looked forward to the day of DB's passing, but when it actually happened I found myself Really feeling nothing.

It might have had something to do with losing my own mother in the last couple of months, but for all his many faults and personality disorders, Bellotti was a parent himself.

He was the front man for Archer and Stanley, whatever he got paid for it, was it really worth it?

After July 1995 he endured all kinds of abuse, both verbally and in print a 'favourite' emanating from his then wife, the 'lovely Jo' and the allegations about her and a Liverpool striker.

He had to have his calls and post monitored, was brought to games under strict security, we had to talk an over zealous Gulls Eye reader from targeting Bellotti Junior outside his school and my own personal favourite was the Steve Foster incident when Fozzie sat in his office and said to him.
"David you are either the most switched on bloke to ever be at the Albion or you are the biggest **** this club has ever seen, and from where I'm sitting you don't look that intelligent"

He had to move away from Sussex and as a result became estranged from his son, which something as a parent I would find very hard to comprehend.

And perhaps worse of all he had that life sentence of always having to look over his shoulder, all over the world, because the Albion support gets everywhere, and there would always be that chance be it in a bar, hotel lobby, airport, restaurant in fact anywhere, that he would bump into one of us and get the verbal abuse he so richly deserved.

But 20 years on, we've lost too many good people, Robert Eaton, Roy Chuter, Sarah Watts, my mum and countless others that today I truly cannot celebrate a death, even his.

History will ultimately be the judge.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Dreaming Spires would appear to have some difficulty in posting to this thread again, so do make sure that the opportunity to make posts that he can't rebut is not abused.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Even at the risk of getting flamed, some personal thoughts that have come out over the course of today.

Like thousands of other Albion fans for nearly 20 years I've almost looked forward to the day of DB's passing, but when it actually happened I found myself Really feeling nothing.

It might have had something to do with losing my own mother in the last couple of months, but for all his many faults and personality disorders, Bellotti was a parent himself.

He was the front man for Archer and Stanley, whatever he got paid for it, was it really worth it?

After July 1995 he endured all kinds of abuse, both verbally and in print a 'favourite' emanating from his then wife, the 'lovely Jo' and the allegations about her and a Liverpool striker.

He had to have his calls and post monitored, was brought to games under strict security, we had to talk an over zealous Gulls Eye reader from targeting Bellotti Junior outside his school and my own personal favourite was the Steve Foster incident when Fozzie sat in his office and said to him.
"David you are either the most switched on bloke to ever be at the Albion or you are the biggest **** this club has ever seen, and from where I'm sitting you don't look that intelligent"

He had to move away from Sussex and as a result became estranged from his son, which something as a parent I would find very hard to comprehend.

And perhaps worse of all he had that life sentence of always having to look over his shoulder, all over the world, because the Albion support gets everywhere, and there would always be that chance be it in a bar, hotel lobby, airport, restaurant in fact anywhere, that he would bump into one of us and get the verbal abuse he so richly deserved.

But 20 years on, we've lost too many good people, Robert Eaton, Roy Chuter, Sarah Watts, my mum and countless others that today I truly cannot celebrate a death, even his.

I take your point, but it is a lot easier to feel conciliatory twenty-odd years on, safe in the Championship with a shiny stadium and a loyal, committed chairman. Thanks to Tony Bloom I can take my 9 year old son to the Amex and he can see Brighton play. I find myself thinking less about Bellotti's passing and the bad he did and more about the good that Dick Knight and Tony Bloom have done.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Not ultimately. The man was a ****ish **** Ian.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
M
I take your point, but it is a lot easier to feel conciliatory twenty-odd years on, safe in the Championship with a shiny stadium and a loyal, committed chairman. Thanks to Tony Bloom I can take my 9 year old son to the Amex and he can see Brighton play. I find myself thinking less about Bellotti's passing and the bad he did and more about the good that Dick Knight and Tony Bloom have done.

I'm not conciliatory, I just feel I can't celebrate a death, even his, was the same with Maggie and Saddam

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
M

I'm not conciliatory, I just feel I can't celebrate a death, even his, was the same with Maggie and Saddam

I know what you mean, and yet if Sepp Blatter dropped dead tomorrow I'd be raising a glass in celebration.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here