Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official NFL 2017 Thread

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Easily the worst Bills game I have ever seen live. What a mess. The day was made somewhat enjoyable by me wearing an old grey 'SKINT' hoodie and most people mistaking me for a Saints fan.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Very strong rumour doing the rounds in philli that one of the Eagles' games will be over here next year.

Cowboys next up.

IMG_0131.JPG

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bye week for the Raiders so gives time for Carr to recuperate, Patriots @home next - only one way that result will be..........

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Steelers win ugly again, deep into the 3rd quarter you could see the bye week rust coming off.

7-2 now, next up Titans at home who are 6-3 on a 4 game winning streak so it's not gonna be easy.

Joe Haden's injury is big for us imo. However, with only two road games left on the schedule and the Patriots to Heinz Field in week 15, AFC home field advantage is very much within our control.

Only one team has scored more than 20 points in regulation time against the Steelers this year and BB threw 5 interceptions in that game.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Joe Haden's injury is big for us imo. However, with only two road games left on the schedule and the Patriots to Heinz Field in week 15, AFC home field advantage is very much within our control.

Only one team has scored more than 20 points in regulation time against the Steelers this year and BB threw 5 interceptions in that game.

Place Haden on IR to return and bring in Sutton who we drafted in the 3rd round this year? Steelers club doctor recons 6 weeks out.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Jags go 6-3 in the sort of game that they would've lost last year. Doesn't sound like it was particularly pretty and Bortles numbers don't make great reading, but its all about the W.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Place Haden on IR to return and bring in Sutton who we drafted in the 3rd round this year? Steelers club doctor recons 6 weeks out.

Oh great. I thought it was a season ender.

I thought Sutton was thought of as more of a slot man initially and a developmental guy on the outside. He's also not been on the field yet as he started the season on IR. I'd imagine we'll leave Hilton in the slot (where he's been superb), have Artie Burns match up with the opposition WR1 and leave Gay and Senabaugh to share reps on the other side. At least initially. Sutton will now start to get snaps in the sub packages so we can see what he's about a bit quicker than we might have.

The thing that worries me is that we really need Haden for is to beat The Patriots after they carved our secondary apart in the AFC CG last year. If we don't beat them at Heinz Field in Week 15 then we'll likely have to beat them at their place in the playoffs.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Jags go 6-3 in the sort of game that they would've lost last year. Doesn't sound like it was particularly pretty and Bortles numbers don't make great reading, but its all about the W.

Both teams set out to stop the run, both succeeded, Bortles threw 51 passes!! AJ Bouye came up with the goods picking off Rivers in OT to set up a chip shot for Lambo, a kicker whom was released by the Chargers in pre season :) Bortles stats don’t look great but he was under pressure all afternoon as the Chargers punished a severely weakened Jags O-line. Joey Bosa is a monster with a relentless motor. That was a huge win for the Jags.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
We are so lucky to have the refs we do in the PL, elite refs with video review footage still make game destroying decisions.

There were some awful decisions in the Chargers-Jags game. Gipson had a fumble recovery TD ruled out as ‘ down by contact' which was a terrible call with zero evidence, the Chargers scored a TD despite a hugely illegal block on Telvin Smith, to add insult to injury Smith was penalised for protesting.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Easily the worst Bills game I have ever seen live. What a mess. The day was made somewhat enjoyable by me wearing an old grey 'SKINT' hoodie and most people mistaking me for a Saints fan.

Could be worse, you could still have that moron Rex Ryan in charge. How he lasted so long with the Jets always amazes me.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Thanksgiving triple header:

Vikings v Lions (who always play on TG along with the Cowboys)
Chargers v Cowboys
Giants v Redskins (I'm almost embarrassed to see the Giants in this prime time slot with their current shocking form)

Will be watching between the Turkey and Pumpkin Pie

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

I did like the way N.O. said, "Listen Bills, to save you the bother of trying to guess what we're doing this play will be a run, ok? Nothing fancy, we're just going to push your defensive line out of the way and run straight through the middle of it. Yes that's right, the same as the last play."

Yeah, I know, a bit rich coming from a Browns fan, but we scored a touchdown in the first quarter and actually lead for a bit! Only lost by 14 points as well. Probably our best performance since our opening day loss to Pittsburgh.

Withdean

Nov 5, 2017
Brighton born, heck Withdean was my back yard as a kid. Now New England Patriots is just 20 minutes away.

Don’t waste you time with the NE Revolution. They and most of MLS soccer are pub league quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Both teams set out to stop the run, both succeeded, Bortles threw 51 passes!! AJ Bouye came up with the goods picking off Rivers in OT to set up a chip shot for Lambo, a kicker whom was released by the Chargers in pre season :) Bortles stats don’t look great but he was under pressure all afternoon as the Chargers punished a severely weakened Jags O-line. Joey Bosa is a monster with a relentless motor. That was a huge win for the Jags.

Chargers got the ball back TWICE late in the 4th and managed to turn it over TWICE with a 3 point lead. Poor game management by LA but a good win for Jags!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Chargers got the ball back TWICE late in the 4th and managed to turn it over TWICE with a 3 point lead. Poor game management by LA but a good win for Jags!

It was such an attritional game, the Chargers defence was everywhere, but ours came up with the goods when it counted. I don’t know whether you’ve seen Lambo’s game winning kick, but they blocked that too but it had just enough momentum to make it over. I have to say I don’t hold the interceptions against Bortles, he was playing like he had a fire under his ass all day such was the pressure from LA. He led us on an 11 play (all passes) drive which dragged us back in the game, he also took some huge hits out there, sure his stats didn’t look great but if it wasn’t for Blake we wouldn’t have been in the game.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
It was such an attritional game, the Chargers defence was everywhere, but ours came up with the goods when it counted. I don’t know whether you’ve seen Lambo’s game winning kick, but they blocked that too but it had just enough momentum to make it over. I have to say I don’t hold the interceptions against Bortles, he was playing like he had a fire under his ass all day such was the pressure from LA. He led us on an 11 play (all passes) drive which dragged us back in the game, he also took some huge hits out there, sure his stats didn’t look great but if it wasn’t for Blake we wouldn’t have been in the game.

Yeah i saw the kick, it was a thrilling end to a game. Especially with the disallowed Jags TD.

Another step in the right direction for the Jags, they've definitely got something to build on now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here