Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup U17s semi final live video (BBC)

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Fantastic stuff, England are now U20 and U17 World Champions - apparently only Brazil have previously won both in the same year.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There was some real quality in that comeback, hopefully these players will get a chance in their respective clubs

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Really enjoyed that. England looking classy and skilful with loads of heart. Hope they can take this through to the full team in a few years. Brilliant stuff

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Brilliant. Today England, and FOOTBALL won. If only this victory can be carried forward, but I worry that the state of modern football will dictate that by the time these lads have reached their 20th birthdays their innocence and enthusiasm will have been sucked dry. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Brilliant. Today England, and FOOTBALL won. If only this victory can be carried forward, but I worry that the state of modern football will dictate that by the time these lads have reached their 20th birthdays their innocence and enthusiasm will have been sucked dry. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Law of averages in any past era, many won't make it.

For the best of the bunch, it depends on the club. Everton, Liverpool and ManU for example do give every opportunity for the cream to make the first team squad. Wheress Chelsea and ManC also have an array of the best youngsters from abroad and even they struggle to break through when both clubs relentlessly buy £40m plus players for instant results.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Law of averages in any past era, many won't make it.

For the best of the bunch, it depends on the club. Everton, Liverpool and ManU for example do give every opportunity for the cream to make the first team squad. Wheress Chelsea and ManC also have an array of the best youngsters from abroad and even they struggle to break through when both clubs relentlessly buy £40m plus players for instant results.
And so many of the youngsters playing today were Chelsea youngsters. It seems to be a poisoned chalice, great kudos playing for Chelsea, but at the end of the day perhaps a career disaster.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
They've just said that Foden would have played for City in the League cup but released him to go with England.

I would play him in full England team now, what a talent. Probably see him on
Loan at Scunthorpe next year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here