Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

See you all in the Championship then

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Yes they are, remember we're not talking about competing against the top end. They'll bag a few against dross like Palace. And we'll score more from midfield with rampaging inside forwards like Knockaert and Izquierdo in the 4-5-1/4-3-3 system Hughton seems to be playing.

These 'dross' teams we'll score against, would that Include Watford who finished 4th from bottom, currently have a defensive injury crisis and played 60 minutes with 10 men? We really put them to the sword didn't we.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We went for the wrong calibre of player, like or hate him Dyche signs decent players that are just happy to be in the PL and it seems to work, they will finish miles above us.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
It is an ABSOLUTE OUTRAGE! I have no idea who, as I haven't got a clue what actually goes on behind the scenes but I am certain that someone needs to be sacked! I can't believe that we haven't even tried to sign a single forward. What is really disappointing is that we have looked forwards to getting to the PREMIERSHIP for so long, now the nasty people who have worked so hard to get us here have spoilt it and we are going to have to sulk for the rest of the season. 3 games into the season and we are GUARANTEED to be relegated. To top it off I just looked out the window and it is snowing in September, at least I think it is there are snowflakes everywhere.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Woke up a bit disappointed that we did not get a striker in and think maybe it was a mixture of bad luck, not offering enough wages, bad timing etc, don't think we will ever know the exact truth, but reading some of the crap from our fans on here is unbelievable. We're doomed etc, well I agree with needed a striker, but after 3 games can we really tell that what we have is not good enough? I nearly lost a close family member this week and know that she only has a limited amount of time left and this brings this into perspective. We will be ok and still have a team to support, maybe struggle, but we will scream and shout for the team and support them
Through and through, well
Bloody well hope we will
And the moaners? Well think they have a lot of spare seats at Sellhurst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree .

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
What's annoying is that we said we wouldn't break our transfer record again, but then apparently got the big money out when things got desperate in the last few days. It may have been more realistic to make that cash available sooner, and we might have secured one of our earlier targets, who we probably wanted more anyway.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I'm gutted. It seems like our smart thinking transfer dealings work wonderfully on most occasions. But we've royally ****ed up the most important negotiations. I feel sorry for everyone at the club this morning. There'll be a lot of good people feeling extremely guilty today.

But in hindsight. We needed to get business done early in this department. As that deadline approached it handed all of the cards to our targets and left us desperate and in a terrible position to negotiate. We're still pretty new to this whole thing but Christ, you'd think since the day we were promoted they'd have taken care of this.

What a mess.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I'm almost speechless about the events of yesterday and can't quite believe what happened. I'll be supporting the side regardless of results this season but I've now lost some of the passion I had for the club and fully expect us to go down; probably with the lowest Premier League points total ever. How the club have let things get into this state is beyond comprehension. A very sad day for me but hey ho it's only football.:(

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I'm almost speechless about the events of yesterday and can't quite believe what happened. I'll be supporting the side regardless of results this season but I've now lost some of the passion I had for the club and fully expect us to go down; probably with the lowest Premier League points total ever. How the club have let things get into this state is beyond comprehension. A very sad day for me but hey ho it's only football.:(

Good news is they organised a great open top bus tour, they just forgot to buy some Premier League players when they got there

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm gutted. It seems like our smart thinking transfer dealings work wonderfully on most occasions. But we've royally ****ed up the most important negotiations. I feel sorry for everyone at the club this morning. There'll be a lot of good people feeling extremely guilty today.

But in hindsight. We needed to get business done early in this department. As that deadline approached it handed all of the cards to our targets and left us desperate and in a terrible position to negotiate. We're still pretty new to this whole thing but Christ, you'd think since the day we were promoted they'd have taken care of this.

What a mess.

Jon Smith, the well known football agent, explained yesterday in a long radio interview the workings at the end of the transfer window. He said that only clubs of the draw of Spuds or similar are able to pay for relative bargains on the last day or two. Players really want to go to clubs of that ilk, leaving the buying club in a great position with the selling club needing to balance the transfer books before the window closes / reduce payroll costs after bringing in their own players. He made it plain for all the other clubs, in the main prices do not fall from what they might have been in June/July, quite the opposite.

The cute Levy-like approach purported by some, ending up being bollocks for a club no where near that level, the Albion.

Lessons learnt all round you'd hope.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm looking forward to getting back to the championship. I ****ing hat the PL. I hate the oppo fans, I hate the Sky hoopla, I hate trying to get tickets, the list goes on. One of the reasons I love BHA is that we were a Championship side. It's a level that suits us.

But, I'd go back to Withdean given half a chance so what do I know.

BHA is not a Premiership team.

Hugo Rune

Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I've slept on it and sobered up, and come to the conclusion that we're in deep shit.

https://brightononlyathome.wordpress.com/2017/09/01/a-510-window-suggests-big-trouble/

Good article.

You state that we can't reasonably play March, Jose, Brown and Knocky in the same team.

These are unreasonable times with our lack of striker options. And looking at our current injury crisis, it's not beyond all possibility that Hemed will get crocked for Israel whilst Groß might be needed back in his natural position in the centre.

We could see the quoted four starting a game very soon (injury permitting of course)!

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Yes I'm annoyed.... very annoyed, but the response on here has been ridiculous. We sound like Arsenal - whinging and whinging when we don't know how lucky we've got it. Other clubs would give their right arm to be in our position.

This strike force got us here so let's hope they can keep us here. Now that we've failed in the transfer window we need to focus a lot of energy on keeping Baldock fit.

Keeping baldock fit , well how long is he still out for at the moment . Bet transfer window will nearly b open before he plays again

heathgate

Apr 13, 2015
I'm looking forward to getting back to the championship. I ****ing hat the PL. I hate the oppo fans, I hate the Sky hoopla, I hate trying to get tickets, the list goes on. One of the reasons I love BHA is that we were a Championship side. It's a level that suits us.

But, I'd go back to Withdean given half a chance so what do I know.

BHA is not a Premiership team.
One thing is for certain... prices won't go down if we do.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Good article.

You state that we can't reasonably play March, Jose, Brown and Knocky in the same team.

These are unreasonable times with our lack of striker options. And looking at our current injury crisis, it's not beyond all possibility that Hemed will get crocked for Israel whilst Groß might be needed back in his natural position in the centre.

We could see the quoted four starting a game very soon (injury permitting of course)!

Thanks.

I probably should have been clearer in that we definitely can't play all 4 as wingers at the same time :)

I can see Brown at 10, Izquierdo up front as makeshifts at times.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The top scorers for teams like stoke, west brom, west ham, southampton and burnley all got 8 goals or less. Thats nearly a 1 in 5 goal ratio.

Teams like Sunderland had a key striker....

Thankfully we have some VERY good attacking players buzzing around the striker. Knockaert looked a real threat at watford and izquierdo may well be a superstar.

Sure, it didnt go to plan. But bloody hell get a grip.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here