Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Somebody pinch me

el punal

In my 54 years of watching us, I can assure you the club and team have never been In a better place, but the fact we still have moaners is quite unbelievable. Please enjoy the ride and and stop whinging.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think you'll find that the vast majority (99%?) of Albion fans are in seventh heaven at where we are and where we've come from. This was definitely evident at yesterday's friendly against Atletico Madrid and with a sell out crowd of some 27,000+ watching, welcome to the crazy, euphoric world of Brighton fandom.

As for the naysayers, the doom mongers, the whingers, the moaners take some happy pills for gawds sakes and just try and enjoy being in the Premier League. Oh, sorry, I forgot, you don't know how to.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
In my 54 years of watching us, I can assure you the club and team have never been In a better place, but the fact we still have moaners is quite unbelievable. Please enjoy the ride and and stop whinging.

Seconded mate .

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We just gave Atletico Madrid's full strength side a properly close match, only losing in the final few minutes, and it now looks like we're about to spend £10m+ on a player. Even just a couple of years back to Hyypia's era we would've been absolutely destroyed.

I swear it was yesterday I was standing in the Sportsman garden getting vaguely excited that Andy Whing just walked past on the other side of the fence.

This is utterly mental.

Just a great post, one of my favourites on NSC.

I would say however, there is nothing wrong with those of us who are naturally cautious and yearn for another signing, to go towards our quest for mid-table mediocrity. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What a journey we've been on. To be honest, I thought "we'd made it" when we got back to the Withdean. When we got into the Championship. When we moved to the Amex. When Vicente hit the bar. When we had WAYNE BRIDGE at left back.

But nah, we've just given Atletico Madrid a decent game before our opening match in the Premier League. Now, we've made it. Anything from here on our is a bonus for me. We've reached the top of the mountain and Tony Bloom could not have done more to make sure we don't slide down it again. This is dreamland. I just can't see how it will ever get any better than this.
Well, maybe if we still had WAYNE BRIDGE (in his prime, of course) at left back...............

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
Can't agree with the sentiments on this thread. Five years ago we beat the European champions. Now we can't even beat the runners up. They beat us FFS. We are a club in decline.
This happened on your watch Barber.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Fantastic to see Knocky and Solly in their limited time on the pitch causing the Atletico defenders much the same kind of problems as the pair of them did to Championship defenders last season. Pretty sure they're both going to make a fair few Premier League defenders look like absolute donkeys. Just hope they get adequate protection from referees.

With Gross and now Propper joining, I can see them enabling a lot of our better players to step up to a new higher level.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
What a journey we've been on. To be honest, I thought "we'd made it" when we got back to the Withdean. When we got into the Championship. When we moved to the Amex. When Vicente hit the bar. When we had WAYNE BRIDGE at left back.

But nah, we've just given Atletico Madrid a decent game before our opening match in the Premier League. Now, we've made it. Anything from here on our is a bonus for me. We've reached the top of the mountain and Tony Bloom could not have done more to make sure we don't slide down it again. This is dreamland. I just can't see how it will ever get any better than this.

THIS!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I've been gobsmacked to read, this morning, 'not many teams put two goals past Atletico Madrid.'
This was in the media, not a Brighton fan.

We've been there before, with Brian Clough saying not too many teams score two against Bristol Rovers, all well and good but lost 2-8 at home.

Before getting carried away I thought Atletico had several gears they could have gone through if required, and they are also a week behind us on fitness.

Acker79

Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

When was the last time Tottenham were in actual danger of relegation? Some of their fans still complain about their transfer business.

Last season saw Arsenal finish in their lowest position for 20+ years. It was 5th. In the top division. One of the best leagues in Europe. Even before the season was over a significant number of their fans were campaigning for their manager to be sacked. Some even invested in planes bearing messages.

When teams with that sort of success have fans moaning for a variety of reasons, what right do we have to expect no one at our club to have any complaints, concerns, worries, queries, or slight hesitations (which some people will group together as moans/bedwetting whatever)

It would be naive to think just because we finally managed to get promoted to the premier league, that the moaning will stop.

It doesn't even factor in the section of football fans who view the premier league and the money that it generates as the worst thing about football for whom promotion to the premier league isn't the be all and end all, of the different preferences in what they want from football (winning, or performances? financial success of a well run club that treats fans as customers or family-like connection to their club who sees the fans as being more important than profit?).

It doesn't matter how successful we are. It doesn't matter how good you, I, the noisy minority or actual majority, sports journalists, tv pundits, manager thinks we play. It doesn't matter which division or competition we are in. It doesn't matter how famous our opponents are. There will always be moaners.

Personally I find that accepting that fact makes it easier to bear.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
We've been there before, with Brian Clough saying not too many teams score two against Bristol Rovers, all well and good but lost 2-8 at home.

Before getting carried away I thought Atletico had several gears they could have gone through if required, and they are also a week behind us on fitness.

Brian Clough never had anything good to say about us.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

I think you've strayed on to the wrong thread. Almost any other thread would be fine for these comments, but not this one please.

DavidinSouthampton

Jan 3, 2012
Brian Clough never had anything good to say about us.

Did he ever tell our players to put all their trophies and medals in the bin, as he famously did at Leeds?

......... wouldn't have needed a very big bin.

Invicta

Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Happy days to be a Albion fan ! Looking forward to the next part of the ride

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Agree 100% with this. And it's all the sweeter for coming after the hard times. 50 years for me as a supporter this year and I am enjoying every minute of it, with some of the pinch me stuff that others have mentioned.

Be 40 years for me this season. My first game saw a wardy hatrick against mansfield. Through the pain of archer and bellotti to the excile in kent and the weiderness of withdean to this a premier league team siging a player for circa Ten million quid.... its the stuff of dreams. Cannot wait for saturday, dreams do come true.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I don't think there are as many moaners as people are making out on here. Only the usual 'look at me twats' There is trepidation and nervousness but that's normal surely. I don't sense the negativity everyone is going on about on this thread or most of the others. The signings are coming along nicely, and we are all hoping for another striker of course but it's a solid squad that will although almost certainly be in the lower regions of the league most of the season but has a real chance of having a real go and staying up and then from there who knows. I sense the mood becoming more positive by the day and even a defeat to Man City will not affect the majority on here.
The pricks will come out of the woodwork - we all know who they are - but by 10 games in I think we might be doing ok.

sliding100

Aug 2, 2011
I was at the first match against Arsenal when we were in the First Division, with the Gooners storming the North Stand for some action. Fortunately, there's not much of that nonsense around these days. I had a season ticket for the first season at the Amex but don't live close enough to be able to travel to see the team often now. I saw Peter Ward etc turn on the floodlights in the snow at Bexhill Town's ground in the early 80's. All fab memories. Now, against Atletico, i saw 2 matches. The first half was typical Championship football - defensive, reluctant to do anything other than contain. But, in the second half I saw a Premiership quality team, attacking with skill, pace and purpose. It was a real treat to see how Chris Hughton's skilful management has got us to this stage. I am one very proud Seagulls fan. It matters not how we fare in our first season. Just to be there, against some of the best teams in the world is enough. Just enjoy.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I don't think there are as many moaners as people are making out on here. Only the usual 'look at me twats' There is trepidation and nervousness but that's normal surely. I don't sense the negativity everyone is going on about on this thread or most of the others. The signings are coming along nicely, and we are all hoping for another striker of course but it's a solid squad that will although almost certainly be in the lower regions of the league most of the season but has a real chance of having a real go and staying up and then from there who knows. I sense the mood becoming more positive by the day and even a defeat to Man City will not affect the majority on here.
The pricks will come out of the woodwork - we all know who they are - but by 10 games in I think we might be doing ok.
Think you're right. The negative ones are just those that make the most noise, and they prompt a lot of responses with their fishing. Something about empty vessels isn't it?

Can't wait for Saturday [emoji41]

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Think you're right. The negative ones are just those that make the most noise, and they prompt a lot of responses with their fishing. Something about empty vessels isn't it?

Can't wait for Saturday [emoji41]

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Its nearly fifty years since my Dad took me to my first Brighton game and i'm as excited about this game as i was (as a little kid) then

Brovion

Jul 6, 2003

Yeah, agree. I think we're 'pausing for breath' at the moment, enjoying the view and especially enjoying at looking back where we came from. It won't last of course. Avoiding relegation will be enough for the first few seasons, but then there will be mutterings about needing to move to 'the next level' and questioning whether CH or even TB are the right people to take us there.

However that's all for another day. In the mean time, yeah, 'pinch me' as the OP said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here