Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Somebody pinch me

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We just gave Atletico Madrid's full strength side a properly close match, only losing in the final few minutes, and it now looks like we're about to spend £10m+ on a player. Even just a couple of years back to Hyypia's era we would've been absolutely destroyed.

I swear it was yesterday I was standing in the Sportsman garden getting vaguely excited that Andy Whing just walked past on the other side of the fence.

This is utterly mental.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I've been gobsmacked to read, this morning, 'not many teams put two goals past Atletico Madrid.'
This was in the media, not a Brighton fan.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
We just gave Atletico Madrid's full strength side a properly close match, only losing in the final few minutes, and it now looks like we're about to spend £10m+ on a player. Even just a couple of years back to Hyypia's era we would've been absolutely destroyed.

I swear it was yesterday I was standing in the Sportsman garden getting vaguely excited that Andy Whing just walked past on the other side of the fence.

This is utterly mental.

Soak it up Mellotron.......I think we have bigger things to come, however all this can go backwards very quickly and forward a year we could be a mid table Championship side looking over our shoulder. I hope everyone enjoys here and now, it may not happen again for a very long time.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

This is utterly mental.

ROFL, yes, it's the recollection of how excited we were so recently by players who are a WORLD away from where we are today.

Then suddenly we're sat there saying things like, "I think we've kept Griezmann and Torres pretty quiet actually."

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
What's better is that the goals we've conceded are uncharacteristic. I've said it before, Ryan should be saving those. You could tell from his reaction how pissed he was. Their second goal was unusual defending from Dunk and Duffy, we won't be or should not be seeing that regularly.

March's cross to Sidwell's header was sublime, that skill March did to skin that right back...coar...i'd let Solly skin me.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I still can't get over Warren A on Sussex Radio with his, 'opened them up like a tin of John West' comment. Thats US he's talking about!

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006

:lolol: I used to do some tennis coaching at Withdean. Remember once when Jake Robinson stopped to watch and I got all nervous and started trying to show off. More innocent times.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
What's better is that the goals we've conceded are uncharacteristic. I've said it before, Ryan should be saving those. You could tell from his reaction how pissed he was. Their second goal was unusual defending from Dunk and Duffy, we won't be or should not be seeing that regularly.

March's cross to Sidwell's header was sublime, that skill March did to skin that right back...coar...i'd let Solly skin me.

No WONDER he had a shocker with that shot if he'd been on the sauce already during the day :lol: :cheers::drink::drink::drink::drink::whisky::whisky::whisky::whisky::whisky::whisky:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Fantastic to see Knocky and Solly in their limited time on the pitch causing the Atletico defenders much the same kind of problems as the pair of them did to Championship defenders last season. Pretty sure they're both going to make a fair few Premier League defenders look like absolute donkeys. Just hope they get adequate protection from referees.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
In my 54 years of watching us, I can assure you the club and team have never been In a better place, but the fact we still have moaners is quite unbelievable. Please enjoy the ride and and stop whinging.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Solly seems to have bulked up a bit,but it hasn't affected his speed.Think he will cause big problems to defenders this season.Skinning the Atletico player was class.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Capture.JPG

A pinch me moment

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
In my 54 years of watching us, I can assure you the club and team have never been In a better place, but the fact we still have moaners is quite unbelievable. Please enjoy the ride and and stop whinging.

This. If you can't be positive this season, there's no hope.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008

Agree 100% with this. And it's all the sweeter for coming after the hard times. 50 years for me as a supporter this year and I am enjoying every minute of it, with some of the pinch me stuff that others have mentioned.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.

To be fair to the moaners we feel we need a striker. I believe we are frustratingly close to having a squad that will keep us up and have a great season.

Some of us have waited 34 years to be competing with the big boys again. Now on a worldwide stage we don't want the team we love to become a laughing stock.

The moaners probably care a lot but are a bit insecure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here