Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone have mental health problems?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
How old are you, if you don't mind my asking? Hopeline UK provide advice specifically for those under 35, that's open until 10pm. If not, the Samaritans are there 24 hours a day. It might help to talk to them. Don't feel stigmatised by the idea of calling them. They're smashing people.

I just had a great chat with Will on Samaritans. I'm 52.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I just had a great chat with Will on Samaritans. I'm 52.

That's brilliant. The Samaritans are a great group of people who don't judge.

An amazing step matey. They will always be there to listern to you, no matter what. If ever you want to PM me, go for it!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And NSC is kind of a 24 hour thing as well. There's always going to be some of us arsing around on here, for if you're feeling a bit alone :)

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Does anyone know any driving instructors? i've decided to actually start going against my fears of the outside starting with getting some fish and chips haha, also, i want to thank Nomad for creating this, as it has helped me realise alot of my problems and putting them here actually helped me cement that they need changing, So thank you.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
I'm sorry I had a real moment and I promise you I am not a drama queen. Jimbo, my good mate Jimbo [MENTION=5252]wigman[/MENTION] has known me all his life and he had no idea about me, go figure. I just wanted to know I'm not alone. But yes I do have feelings of ending it all. I have had some fantastic private messages, thank you.

This thread is NOT about me guys [emoji2]
No mate, you are not alone. I have struggled for the last few years with depression. It can feel like the loneliest place at its worst but I look to manage it with exercise and strangely enough DIY!! The last couple of months have been really tough at times but I'm looking forward to the spring/summer which generally helps. Take care of yourself mate.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Does anyone know any driving instructors? i've decided to actually start going against my fears of the outside starting with getting some fish and chips haha, also, i want to thank Nomad for creating this, as it has helped me realise alot of my problems and putting them here actually helped me cement that they need changing, So thank you.

Great stuff. Where are you ? The one my kids both used is lovely........she's Burgess Hill based though.

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
And NSC is kind of a 24 hour thing as well. There's always going to be some of us arsing around on here, for if you're feeling a bit alone :)

This is so true. When I was ill and not sleeping I spent a lot of time chatting to people on the other side of the world who were up and about. It's payback time now; I still don't sleep very well but I am 8 hours ahead of the UK if you ever need to chat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
You've completely done the right thing posting on here as are obviously comfortable with the bunch and have a one big thing in common - the Seagulls. You shouldn't feel that you have to post on other specific forums as this place clearly makes you feel comfortable. The odd few who have responded otherwise just don't get that we are all wired a little differently.

I suffer with anxiety myself and have ups and downs like others have mentioned. Going into a supermarket can be a challenge at times, avoiding work nights out/X-Mas events, sleeplessness and being petrified in some situations such as speaking in groups etc. It really is crippling as eats into your life and many don't get it and see you as rude/odd or at least that's how it makes me feel people perceive me. A comment of ' need to raise your profile' comes at work each and every year. Unfortunately these people with confidence don't realise quite how hard this is and that pushing yourself too far drives your stress levels through the roof and could do further damage. A family history of this unfortunately...

Never taken to prescribed medication as don't want to rely on this. A good alternative to anyone reading this and suffering with similar issues is 5-htp which you can purchase over the counter. Has helped with sleep, but it sops working after a while so is a case of take break and use again afterwards.

I've never posted anything about this before so NSC is my first place of posting this too. In fact it is probably my first NSC post. Usually a quiet observer!

I hope things start to improve. You are not alone and there are clearly good people on here who are there for you and will listen, so use the community on NSC as well as the professionals.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
This is so true. When I was ill and not sleeping I spent a lot of time chatting to people on the other side of the world who were up and about. It's payback time now; I still don't sleep very well but I am 8 hours ahead of the UK if you ever need to chat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it sunny in BFPO 11, or just sweating your cobs off :lolol:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
You've completely done the right thing posting on here as are obviously comfortable with the bunch and have a one big thing in common - the Seagulls. You shouldn't feel that you have to post on other specific forums as this place clearly makes you feel comfortable. The odd few who have responded otherwise just don't get that we are all wired a little differently.

I suffer with anxiety myself and have ups and downs like others have mentioned. Going into a supermarket can be a challenge at times, avoiding work nights out/X-Mas events, sleeplessness and being petrified in some situations such as speaking in groups etc. It really is crippling as eats into your life and many don't get it and see you as rude/odd or at least that's how it makes me feel people perceive me. A comment of ' need to raise your profile' comes at work each and every year. Unfortunately these people with confidence don't realise quite how hard this is and that pushing yourself too far drives your stress levels through the roof and could do further damage. A family history of this unfortunately...

Never taken to prescribed medication as don't want to rely on this. A good alternative to anyone reading this and suffering with similar issues is 5-htp which you can purchase over the counter. Has helped with sleep, but it sops working after a while so is a case of take break and use again afterwards.

I've never posted anything about this before so NSC is my first place of posting this too. In fact it is probably my first NSC post. Usually a quiet observer!

I hope things start to improve. You are not alone and there are clearly good people on here who are there for you and will listen, so use the community on NSC as well as the professionals.

Great first post, and I can relate to a lot of it.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Lovely first post.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
You need to stop being a quiet observer and join in more :bigwave:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I have tried to outline mental illness on here. It really does effect people that get it. I can't even start to tell you where it leads. I'm sorry if I went off and for being a drama queen. Have a good night the community of NSC and thank you. I do want to know who [MENTION=3647]Munchkin[/MENTION] is though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here