Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Wigan Athletic *** Official Match Thread ***

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
2.55 this afternoon. The passion and volume in singing Sussex By The Sea will be the greatest ever. Another goosebumps moment.

The players, CH and his staff, and the Board, have made this dream happen for the football people in this great county.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Today is the finale of a very long wait, the anticipation over the last few weeks has been off the scale, and fingernails have been chewed to the quick.

Today, we find out who dunnit in Broadchurch.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Not nervous in the slightest, which will help me to enjoy the game more. Whatever the results of the two games today, we are going up.

I believe though that we will win, and Hudds will drop at least 2.

Job done.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
29 years, and the only time we have been this close was 1991. Many thanks to my OH who is covering my shop and looking after my daughter so I can take my place in the North Stand for today. See you there !!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
29 years?
Could you only afford 4 years of cryogenic freezing? Hope you did 1995-1999.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Sky Sports News.
As they don't have this game live they need to big up the Huddersfield game.
"Promotion is not in Brightons hands, they need Huddersfield to drop points".
Panic stricken I had to check that we'd not been docked 12 points for a pitch invasion that hasn't happened (yet).

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Oh god. The day has arrived. Tears already. Full house with Daughter driving through the night from Cardiff. Pre-match ritual out the window today. No P&R (not driving) so leaving two hours earlier than normal. Pie & Pint is likely to be a bit more than that. SOOOOOOO Nervous, SOOOOOOO Excited.

FFS man. Today is not the day to change your pre-match routine.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Is there anything more pathetic than a 45 year old man sat alone in his flat in a 25 year old replica shirt quivering with excitement to the extent that he just spilt his tea?

A 65 year old? :lolol:
Just off to buy a crate (or two) of beer to calm the nerves !!!!!

Good luck today everyone.
Enjoy!!!

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
If we win 4-0 will you really be bothered about the Hudds result? 😊

That being the case & assuming we lose the last 3 games (not happening), Huddersfield would need to win something like 7-0, 7-0, 6-0, 6-0, 6-0 (also not happening) just to equal our goal difference. Win today and I'm defo celebrating!!!!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Very excited .................... but (something first experienced in the 1957-58 season, and frequently repeated over the years) we're in spanking form, on the back of a series of good wins, at home against a side near the bottom, almost certain to win, and......we are Brighton! See where I'm coming from?
Not too worried, as I'm confident we'll get the points we need anyway, so even if today turns out to be a bit of a disappointment I'm sure it will only be temporary.
Come on the Albion - make my Easter weekend!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Watching 'Line Of Duty' hasn't made me feel any less tense.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
So glad I can make it today but got to rush off at the end to pick my daughter up. Not sure how that's going to work :-s

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here