Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

falmer road is closed

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
No. But I'm willing to bet that they do not need to totally lock down a road and a vital artery due to a few people dancing up in the hills. Raves are at most a nuscience and by the police's own admission there's not been a single complaint by the public. Who's the victim?

I would disagree, they closed the road to stop the rave getting any bigger, let the attendees get on with it, and have thier fun without trying to close it down. These things CAN (not always by a long way) quickly get out of hand. The problems that can be caused are the damage to the land, the mess left behind, the noise disturbance to farm animals in lambing and calfing time, plus if left to go on for a couple of days the noise nuscience to residents- do you recall the one by Devils Dyke a few years ago, went on for a couple days I recall, and the police were slated for NOT closing it down. Thery are in a no win situation here, but seem to have dealt with it, and it now appears to be slowly winding down

That is old school.

Last edited:

kip

Aug 2, 2011
Agree Raves are normally peacefull and friendly...... However you`d let them drive drunk and drugged up..........They also are on somebodies land..Do you think they`ll clear up after themselves.

Why do you think I would be happy for people to drive drunk or drugged up?? I don't know if they are on someone's land or council land and I'm sure there will be a mess but I'm sure it isn't as bad as Brighton city centre is every weekend caused by normal law abiding piss heads.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I bet they leave it a right shit tip up there,just love the smelly's,gotta be a white bloke with dreadlocks juggling to be a proper rave.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Isn't that what pikeys do all over our glorious city?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So what did closing the road actually achieve ? Other than royally fvcking up anyone just trying to get from A to B ?

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
So what did closing the road actually achieve ? Other than royally fvcking up anyone just trying to get from A to B ?

Contained the situation - let them have their fun but also kept other road users safe - as cars are parked illegally on both sides of the road so you wouldn't be able to get cars past easily in a two flow of traffic.

The police didn't pull the plug - just gave it time to come to an end and wind down - it is after all private land, which is a valuable asset to the farmer

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Contained the situation - let them have their fun but also kept other road users safe - as cars are parked illegally on both sides of the road so you wouldn't be able to get cars past easily in a two flow of traffic.

The police didn't pull the plug - just gave it time to come to an end and wind down - it is after all private land, which is a valuable asset to the farmer

Sorry, but thats cobblers. Kept other road users safe ? Cars parked illegally should have been towed.

Ridiculous that a major artery in and out of the city ended up being blocked all day.

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
I drove down there at midday nothing going on that i could see i was on a call out to the prh and the police let me through

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Sorry, but thats cobblers. Kept other road users safe ? Cars parked illegally should have been towed.

Ridiculous that a major artery in and out of the city ended up being blocked all day.

Have you seen how many cars, there are hundreds all over the place - no way you can tow them all! They've been ticketed instead

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here