Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indietracks Festival / all things C86 and indiepop!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Don't know if anybody else has read the David Nichols book on the GoBetweens, but Amanda comes across in it as quite a nasty piece of work...

Oooh, didn't know there was a 'The Go-Betweens' book, that'll be next up after I finish with the TWO (count 'em) 'The Triffids/ David McComb' books that I have on the go at he moment.

I am also delighted to report that during my bar shift last night one of my customers was so taken with 'Born Sandy Devotional' and '16 Lovers Lane' that they spent over £50 online purchasing a selection of albums recommended by myself AND (more importantly) bought me a pint :)

for the record (CD rather) along with the above mentioned LPs they purchased the first 5 The Go-Betweens albums (for £20!), Oceans Apart, Treeless Plain and Calenture.

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Oooh, didn't know there was a 'The Go-Betweens' book, that'll be next up after I finish with the TWO (count 'em) 'The Triffids/ David McComb' books that I have on the go at he moment.

I am also delighted to report that during my bar shift last night one of my customers was so taken with 'Born Sandy Devotional' and '16 Lovers Lane' that they spent over £50 online purchasing a selection of albums recommended by myself AND (more importantly) bought me a pint :)

for the record (CD rather) along with the above mentioned LPs they purchased the first 5 The Go-Betweens albums (for £20!), Oceans Apart, Treeless Plain and Calenture.

You won't get a finer run of 5 albums than that.

The GoBetweens book divides opinion a bit, because the author (ex Cannanes drummer) isn't shy of telling you what he thinks, and doesn't seem to actually like a few of the people involved on a personal level. He's very pro McLennon and doesn't seem to like Lindy or Amanda very much at all. Which is fair enough, and makes for a good read. It's certainly not one of those vacuous rock biogs that you get so many of (anyone read the recent JAMC one? Jeez).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Go-Betweens-David-Nichols/dp/1891241168/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1455093482&sr=1-3&keywords=the+go+betweens

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
By the way, I'm no Ben's Grandad but I shall be holding a small ceremony to celebrate my 1000th post on this site, despite not being a Brighton fan. I do have a photograph of my grandad on the terraces of the Goldstone in 1921 if that helps.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
By the way, I'm no Ben's Grandad but I shall be holding a small ceremony to celebrate my 1000th post on this site, despite not being a Brighton fan. I do have a photograph of my grandad on the terraces of the Goldstone in 1921 if that helps.

I'm closing in on 10,000 and this may be my first post that mentions 'football'

Flex Your Head

My old mucker Ajay has started making his gig recordings available via YouTube. Rough and ready for sure, but all with a certain charm.
Bands so far include Bogshed, Wedding Present, The Bodines, Jesus & Mary Chain, The Membranes, The Waltones, Big Black, and plenty more to come.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPUceka8hInQnY-BYzShjzA[/video]

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
My old mucker Ajay has started making his gig recordings available via YouTube. Rough and ready for sure, but all with a certain charm.
Bands so far include Bogshed, Wedding Present, The Bodines, Jesus & Mary Chain, The Membranes, The Waltones, Big Black, and plenty more to come.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPUceka8hInQnY-BYzShjzA[/video]

Looking forward to listening to some of that especially The Bodines set.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Hey [MENTION=12196]tinycowboy[/MENTION]. Another Hood single for you to add to your extensive collection:

http://www.piccadillyrecords.com/prod/Hood-BritishRadars-Acuarela-106440.html

Well, well - well spotted. I must admit, I hadn't checked the hoodmusic.net site for ages - used to be one of my most visited sites. There are a few good bands on Acuarela - The Zephyrs and The Orchids as well, I see. I'll put my order in, not sure whether I should file it under 1995 or 2015. Best do it alphabetically, I think. I'm about to move house and will be taking advantage by sprinkling turntables throughout the house as standard features.

Flex Your Head

Want to see your favourite indie record covers recreated in Lego? Of course you do.

Lego.jpg

Lego 2.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/legoalbumcover/

Flex Your Head

I like The Aislers Set, not bothered about the rest, but early days - hopefully!

I have to admit, I'm surprised to see The Aislers Set so high on the bill.
I often enjoy the smaller bands more than the 'names' and this year will be hoping to see Expert Alterations, City Yelps, Soda Fountain Rag, Charla Fantasma, Vacaciones, and Two White Cranes from those announced so far. And I always seem to see a couple of sets by bands I've never heard of who knock me socks off.
Really though, the bands are just one part of a great weekend.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here