Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TV rental

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Does such a thing exist in this day and age? I've spent ages trying to google TV rentals in Brighton, but it appears that there isn't much unless your a business, which I'm not!!!!

I'm looking to rent a TV, as I've already got a lovely one in storage, but it's a hassle getting it from storage in Kent to down here, plus it's a 47" beast which I reckon is fairly ambitious to watch in a tiny single room, plus I don't want to actually buy one because I'm in temporary accommodation in Hove, so the idea of renting one for a few weeks/couple of months seems appealing. Does anyone know if there is anywhere in Brighton or Hove that does this?!?!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Pretty useless info coming up..

I'm sure I have seen a place (from the bus on the way to the Amex!) along Lewes Road that rents TV's. The poster in the window seemed to be trying to attract students.

It was on the left heading out of Brighton!

Also, have you not thought about just streaming/playing on your computer from the catch up services on the 'net Iplayer, ITV player, 4OD etc etc?

Jul 7, 2003
I think that those BrightHouse stores that opened a few years ago provide rentals of domestic goods. Whether that includes TVs I wouldn't know.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
with decent 22-24" available under £150, i dont suppose theres much market for rentals these days

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Pretty useless info coming up..

I'm sure I have seen a place (from the bus on the way to the Amex!) along Lewes Road that rents TV's. The poster in the window seemed to be trying to attract students.

It was on the left heading out of Brighton!

Also, have you not thought about just streaming/playing on your computer from the catch up services on the 'net Iplayer, ITV player, 4OD etc etc?

Closed down now

Edit: for OP have you tried free cycle /gumtree. You could probably buy a second hand tv for the price to rent for a month

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'd probably but a cheap second hand one from Friday-ad.........then chuck it when you're done. Loads under £50 on there.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Does such a thing exist in this day and age? I've spent ages trying to google TV rentals in Brighton, but it appears that there isn't much unless your a business, which I'm not!!!!

I'm looking to rent a TV, as I've already got a lovely one in storage, but it's a hassle getting it from storage in Kent to down here, plus it's a 47" beast which I reckon is fairly ambitious to watch in a tiny single room, plus I don't want to actually buy one because I'm in temporary accommodation in Hove, so the idea of renting one for a few weeks/couple of months seems appealing. Does anyone know if there is anywhere in Brighton or Hove that does this?!?!

http://www.boxclever.co.uk/

(was Radio Rentals)

Last edited:

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Thanks guys, to the poster that mentioned about catch up TV - I've got an iPad with iplayer, 4od, Netflix and my folk's sky go password, but streaming annihilates data, and being on a limited data plan really messes that up!!!! The wifi (BTfon) is sketchy and at £6 a day or £40 a week, it's expensive for being so bloody intermittent. It means I have to be selective about what and when I watch!!!

The idea of renting was that at the end of my stint in temporary accommodation I could just hand it back and say ta very much, the charity shops have either sold the reasonable ones, or have tvs that aren't able to work with free view, and frecycle and gumtree are very hit and miss. But thank you to everyone whose commented!!! I'll keep looking, and will definitely check the Friday ads!!!

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I think that those BrightHouse stores that opened a few years ago provide rentals of domestic goods. Whether that includes TVs I wouldn't know.

Sod that for a laugh- have you seen how much their APR is!!!! I was looking in their window the other day - a £700 37" telly (already highly marked up), would cost you £1400 by paying over (I think) a year!!! I can see why some people would shop with them (poor credit history, able to pay weekly, service plan if it blows up), but you'd have to be truly head mental to pay their prices!!!!

Jul 7, 2003
Sod that for a laugh- have you seen how much their APR is!!!! I was looking in their window the other day - a £700 37" telly (already highly marked up), would cost you £1400 by paying over (I think) a year!!! I can see why some people would shop with them (poor credit history, able to pay weekly, service plan if it blows up), but you'd have to be truly head mental to pay their prices!!!!

Maybe get a Wonga loan to pay for it:lolol:

Might be worth putting something in the classified on here to see if anyone has one that they want to get rid of or to sell on cheaply.

Shorehamkid

Aug 3, 2011

Put 'Slaters Southwick' into google... They've always done my Mum and Nan a good turn... worth a bell I'd say mate.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
I am away for a couple of weeks but if in the meantime you havnt found something I will give you my large flat screen TV when I get back. Its spare since I moved back into my flat last year and just use it as a computer monitor. Pick up / drop off brighton or hove-ish. Pm me in the second week of Nov.

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I am away for a couple of weeks but if in the meantime you havnt found something I will give you my large flat screen TV when I get back. Its spare since I moved back into my flat last year and just use it as a computer monitor. Pick up / drop off brighton or hove-ish. Pm me in the second week of Nov.

Blimey that's very kind!! Thank you!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here