Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
She has a job to do, and she is getting on with it.

Yes she has a job to do, but is doing it badly. She misread the feeling of the nation and went with a hard Brexit to gain UKIP supporters and lost out big time.
We are now faced with being poorer as an individual and as a nation.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Out of interest, have we had a moderator banned before ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yes. Why do you ask?
Just checking if there has been a precedent, only asking like, as records are made to be broken.,

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It's hard to judge what the economic and social costs will be until we know what will be negotiated to replace them. If a mutually beneficial deal is reached with minimal disruption/tariffs plus a sensible transition timeframe (if needed) it's entirely plausible 'ordinary' people won't even notice the change.

Indeed
Its impossible to say what the negotiated agreements will be until the negotiations are completed and agreed. You would also need to look at years and years of data post brexit maybe decades to identify exact trend and pros and cons of the decision to leave.

Some immediate things appear more certain however.
Interesting to hear Verhofstadt saying we can hand back Article 50 with conditions

“Emanuel Macron, the new French President, spoke about an open door, he said that if Britain is changing its mind it will find an open door, I agree, I don`t disagree with him But like Alice in Wonderland not all the doors are the same. It will be a brand new door, with a new Europe, a Europe without rebates, without complexity, with real powers and with unity. That is the door towards Europe.”

That’s the full federal push, no more rebates, no more special opt outs for the UK. How long before the Euro? How long before complete open borders?
All this for saying soz we didn’t mean it before actually leaving.
I swear Verhofstadt is a leaver, he seems desperate to be shot of us by making even staying in unpalatable to everyone.

Add in the recent development of The EU now going for a defence budget and Jean-Claude Juncker speech 9th june with the mindset

“We have no other choice than to defend our own interests in the Middle East, in climate change, in our trade agreements,"

“I am talking about permanent structured cooperation— the Sleeping Beauty of the Lisbon Treaty.Article 42 of the Treaty makes it possible for a group of like-minded Member States to take European defence to the next level.I have said it before and I will say it again: I think the time to make use of this possibility is now.
It is time to wake the Sleeping Beauty up.”
http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_SPEECH-17-1581_en.htm

Frightening federalist stuff.

And to think there are clowns happy with this outcome via the consequences of and unlikely winning a new referendum.
What is it they keep repeating ad nauseam …….something about turkeys and Christmas

I am convinced more than ever we have made the correct choice to leave

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Indeed
Its impossible to say what the negotiated agreements will be until the negotiations are completed and agreed. You would also need to look at years and years of data post brexit maybe decades to identify exact trend and pros and cons of the decision to leave.

Some immediate things appear more certain however.
Interesting to hear Verhofstadt saying we can hand back Article 50 with conditions

“Emanuel Macron, the new French President, spoke about an open door, he said that if Britain is changing its mind it will find an open door, I agree, I don`t disagree with him But like Alice in Wonderland not all the doors are the same. It will be a brand new door, with a new Europe, a Europe without rebates, without complexity, with real powers and with unity. That is the door towards Europe.”

That’s the full federal push, no more rebates, no more special opt outs for the UK. How long before the Euro? How long before complete open borders?
All this for saying soz we didn’t mean it before actually leaving.
I swear Verhofstadt is a leaver, he seems desperate to be shot of us by making even staying in unpalatable to everyone.

Add in the recent development of The EU now going for a defence budget and Jean-Claude Juncker speech 9th june with the mindset

“We have no other choice than to defend our own interests in the Middle East, in climate change, in our trade agreements,"

“I am talking about permanent structured cooperation— the Sleeping Beauty of the Lisbon Treaty.Article 42 of the Treaty makes it possible for a group of like-minded Member States to take European defence to the next level.I have said it before and I will say it again: I think the time to make use of this possibility is now.
It is time to wake the Sleeping Beauty up.”
http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_SPEECH-17-1581_en.htm

Frightening federalist stuff.

And to think there are clowns happy with this outcome via the consequences of and unlikely winning a new referendum.
What is it they keep repeating ad nauseam …….something about turkeys and Christmas

I am convinced more than ever we have made the correct choice to leave

Yep, they are desperate to nail us down in order not to prove a point, Thank God we are going to commit economic suicide in order to avoid that.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Apparently the feeling of the nation was changing and a referendum was held. That change in feeling was (just) born out.

Only a fool would deny the feeling of the nation is changing again and therefore, following the logic of the first referendum, a second referendum is now required.

Then vote in a political party in government that promises a referendum and then will start the process of legislation for another European Union Referendum Act. This is how the first referendum was achieved democratically.
Don’t forget to get all this done by march 2019, when we are out anyway.
Don’t forget to take into consideration all those politicians who realise a new referendum would cause untold damage to the cohesion of the nation……don’t forget to count on their vote as you strive forward in your own self interest.
Currently 85% of the public just voted for political parties that stood on policies that are committed to Brexit.
Your apparent mood change is nothing more than media hype pushed by hardcore remoaners and wishful thinking on your part because you still havnt come to grips with losing.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I'm talking about a second ref to correct the mistake.

For someone that has been constantly saying the British people are too stupid to vote in referendums and shouldn’t be given this opportunity on this issue anyway, your stance reeks of rank hypocrisy as always.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Throw away the statistics and numbers and let's look at what we have. We have a PM who boasted of her Strong and Stable governance who can't argue her policies in open debate and lacks the conviction and intellect to operate other than in coached soundbites.
Who is now in thrall to a small group of creationist bigots with close links to terrorism in order to hang on to power at all costs.

In the normal scheme of things she would never had a chance to make PM but thanks to Tory bloodletting she is King Ralph, and Chancey Gardener rolled in to one, ( look them up) promoted above her abilities but with no Hollywood ending. Frankly, she doesn't do " people " and God does it show.

Crikey.
Imagine how box of frogs awful anyone must be coming second to her in an election

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Crikey.
Imagine how box of frogs awful anyone must be coming second to her in an election

Thank goodness 85% of the mainstream press supported her. or she would have been stuffed.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Hammond isn't going away

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ys-majority-people-want-soft-brexit-72-hours/

The problem for the Tories is he is not a lone wolf on their party, not everyone is in on the suicide pact.

Rushing over to Brussels before they've even formed a government is not going to strengthen their hand

Sod your invented soft and hard brexit.......lets just stay in eh?

welcome to reality

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Thank goodness 85% of the mainstream press supported her. or she would have been stuffed.

You obviously hate it but yes thank goodness we have a free press 100% of people can choose what they want to read even if people like you criticise them for reading something you dont like

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Sod your invented soft and hard brexit.......lets just stay in eh?

welcome to reality
The reality that this quote illustrates is the current balance of power in this relationship. I have reluctantly accepted that we are leaving and would like us to press on with the process in as responsible a way as possible but I do wonder how many people would vote for the option of pretending that the last 12 months hadn't happened and was just a dream, bit like Dallas and Bobby Ewing in the shower.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
For someone that has been constantly saying the British people are too stupid to vote in referendums and shouldn’t be given this opportunity on this issue anyway, your stance reeks of rank hypocrisy as always.

Ooop, by your beds! Matron's in early and doing the rounds!

Shit the bed again, flowerpot?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
She has a job to do, and she is getting on with it.

HahahahahhbhabhahahahahahahhahHHhhBbbbbbHAHAHhhhhabhabhahHhhhhhhhhhhhhaaAAAAAAAHAAhaaahhhaaAaahhaa.

Post of the year. She's getting on with it.

HahahahhahhhabhhhhhahahhhaaahhhhahahhahhAaaaaaaaaaaaa. Oh god. Brilliant.

HahhaaaahaaahhhaaahhhbaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Ooop, by your beds! Matron's in early and doing the rounds!

Shit the bed again, flowerpot?

i

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

i

Yeah, you said that before.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

i said it before because the democracy you hate is important and worth repeating and its always a bonus making you look stupid

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

and its worth repeating

For someone that has been constantly saying the British people are too stupid to vote in referendums and shouldn’t be given this opportunity on this issue anyway, your stance that there should now be a second referendum reeks of rank hypocrisy as always.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here