Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tall ship off Seaford

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
,,,,, apart from http://www.seafordtowncouncil.gov.uk/Seafront-Development-Plan.aspx including new kiosks, an entertainments area, 60 new beach huts, a cafe, 20 Executive Chalets (!), beach volley ball and beach football sand areas, three outdoor showers along the beach for bathers and children’s sandpits at the three concession points along the promenade, etc, etc. Methinks it's going to look a bit less undeveloped after this lot!

I like the idea of outdoor gym equipment. Most of that is pretty well spaced out, so there will still be space for everyone.

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
Seaford tall ship.jpg

I was trying to get the ship and the incoming ferry (like old and new) but couldn't get much definition from my phone.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
The Stavros S Niarchos is a British brig-rigged tall ship owned and operated by the Tall Ships Youth Trust 60 metre square-rigged ship.
the-two-masted-brig-of-stavros-s-niarchos-under-sail-at-hartlepool-BP3C60.jpg

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
www.marinetraffic.com is your friend if you're ever wondering what you can see from the beach. http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:183519/zoom:11 Unusual or attractive vessels tend to have lots of photos uploaded as well - just click through to Vessel Details.

They have an app as well as the website. It's been fascinating keeping track of the construction and support vessels working on Rampion.

Was just about to post that up.
Interestingly it was built in 2000!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
www.marinetraffic.com is your friend if you're ever wondering what you can see from the beach. http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:183519/zoom:11 Unusual or attractive vessels tend to have lots of photos uploaded as well - just click through to Vessel Details.

They have an app as well as the website. It's been fascinating keeping track of the construction and support vessels working on Rampion.

Blimey! That's a cracking site!

Checked to see what was off the Hastings coast just now. Biggest ship was the Artania, a cruise liner. Looked out my window and sure enough I can see a big ship out there all lit up like a Christmas tree. Now I know exactly what it is. Amazing stuff!

Thanks for the link.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
20170531_190845.jpg

This was one of the pics I got from the beach this evening. Not the best as just on my phone.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
You can also use the vesselfinder website too, which is pretty much the same.

Love the tall ships - my 14yr old spent a week on the TS Royalist during the Easter holidays with his cadet mates...he had an amazing time sailing the Solent, & then down to Poole & Weymouth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here