Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton vs Watford now 1215 KO penultimate day

el punal

Come on dear hearts, it could have been a lot worse. In the grand scheme of TV match planning this fixture could have been arranged for Friday night, anytime on Sunday, or Monday night.

Inconvenient I know, but I suppose kicking off a couple of hours earlier isn't as bad as it might have been - earlier train and start on the Guinness at 9.30!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's a pain in the butt to get to but I do remember having a fine old time after Wolves a couple of seasons ago. Edit - ignore that last thought as its the day after REMF

el punal

Come on dear hearts, it could have been a lot worse. In the grand scheme of TV match planning this fixture could have been arranged for Friday night, anytime on Sunday, or Monday night.

Inconvenient I know, but I suppose kicking off a couple of hours earlier isn't as bad as it might have been - earlier train and start on the Guinness at 9.30!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
All those saying that at least the club get money - how true is this? I know there is a match fee but isn't the majority of the league TV money shared out by the Football League at the start of the season, regardless of how many times you are shown?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Will probably end up getting the late as I have a golf game in the morning. Could be a rush to get to the ground by 12:15

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All those saying that at least the club get money - how true is this? I know there is a match fee but isn't the majority of the league TV money shared out by the Football League at the start of the season, regardless of how many times you are shown?

There's a facility fee which is a tidy sum.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
There's a facility fee which is a tidy sum.

Excellent. Any idea where one can find out the exact amount? Been trawling through the FL website to no avail.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I found this the other day:

Your team:

Brighton have had 13 live Football League games shown on Sky Sports since the beginning of the 2009/2010 season (excluding play-offs), with an average audience of 298,000.

Your team:

Dirty L**ds (Champions of Europe) have had 35 live Football League games shown on Sky Sports since the beginning of the 2009/2010 season (excluding play-offs), with an average audience of 477,000.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'm more worried about the hangover I'm going to have..

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
No excuse for the rush to get home crowd then so everybody can stay and give the players some support when they come back out, unlike last year

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I wonder how many people other than Brighton or Watford fans will watch this match on SKY.

I am pleased it's still on a Saturday.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
In the big scheme of things, one kick off time being moved is not a big deal. But the reality is that of our last four home games, not one will be a Saturday 3pm kick off, and all of our last four away games involve a round trip of 450 miles or more.

Boxxocks to the fans really.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Hopefully a chance to show the tv audience the progress we've made under CH and exorcise the memories of the home game against Millwall. I think the players will be well up for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here