• Yes keep him

Votes: 161 74.5%
  • No BIN him

Votes: 55 25.5%

• Total voters

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I must admit I am in the keep camp but am concerned about his signings. Kayall seems class but goes off injured every game , has he played a full 90 mins yet or does he just give in at the slightest knock. Is Best an improvement on COG? Are either good enough for 20 goals a season? Simarly Carayol is he better than Lua Lua,? I am not convinced by his signings.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
He is a good manager but if he is not given the money to buy half decent players with its not his fault is it ?
ITS BLOOMS !!!!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
All of his Norwich spell. Plus signing £15m ish worth of strikers...

You might be right but he did well in their first season, and the PL is a different world to the Championship. His Championship record is very good with a lot of goals. We'll have to wait and see - I hope you're wrong!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Can we just keep a manager for a summer!!!! We always start the season on the back foot and for me Hughton has shown enough to be given a chance to build his team in the summer and let's see where we go from there

Really?

Some of his team selections have been questionable at Best. He hasn't tried any of the DS forwards (when now would be as good a time as giving that waste of space Best game time) to see if they can remember how to score a goal and away from home we are shockingly bad. Yesterday he looked devoid of ideas and looked like he was resigned to losing when he should have been motivating those masquerading on the pitch as footballers. We needed a goal so what did he do? Left Best on, put on Muttley, sorry CMS, who has been shite for years.

For me it is looking like another panic signing by The Albion board-one of countless mistakes made in recent years.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Really?

Some of his team selections have been questionable at Best. He hasn't tried any of the DS forwards (when now would be as good a time as giving that waste of space Best game time) to see if they can remember how to score a goal and away from home we are shockingly bad. Yesterday he looked devoid of ideas and looked like he was resigned to losing when he should have been motivating those masquerading on the pitch as footballers. We needed a goal so what did he do? Left Best on, put on Muttley, sorry CMS, who has been shite for years.

For me it is looking like another panic signing by The Albion board-one of countless mistakes made in recent years.

I don't think his team selections have been that questionable give the squad he has. The fact of the matter is the squad is terrible and you simply cannot polish a turd. Our attacking options are simply non existent and that is why we are not scoring.

The idea another manager would be somehow propelling us into league winning form with arguably a worse squad than the one that came up from league one to me is pie in the sky.

He will keep us up which would have been the aim when he took over and whilst it has not been pretty I would have taken that given where we were when he came in.

For that reason I think the sooner this season is over the better and will judge Hughton fully when (hopefully) he has been backed with some quality in the summer

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I don't think his team selections have been that questionable give the squad he has. The fact of the matter is the squad is terrible and you simply cannot polish a turd. Our attacking options are simply non existent and that is why we are not scoring.

The idea another manager would be somehow propelling us into league winning form with arguably a worse squad than the one that came up from league one to me is pie in the sky.

He will keep us up which would have been the aim when he took over and whilst it has not been pretty I would have taken that given where we were when he came in.

For that reason I think the sooner this season is over the better and will judge Hughton fully when (hopefully) he has been backed with some quality in the summer

I broadly agree with this - except some of Hughton's selections and substitutions have been questionable, but then he badly lacks quality across the squad. Clearly our recruitment policy in the close season will be critical. I really hope he receives the right backing. I find it hard to believe that Tony Bloom will expect a play off place but not give the manager a suitable transfer budget. Equally I don't think Hughton would have taken the job without assurances he would get reasonable backing.

Plus if Hughton isn't the man to take us forward - then who is? It ought to be a plum job for any aspiring manager but I'm not sure we are quite viewed as the blue chip job we were a couple of seasons ago. Secondly we haven't reacted well to losing managers in the close season and desperately need some stability over the summer. So although he hasn't persuaded me yet, I accept that Hughton needs to be given a proper chance to do the job.

As with other recent managers I'll start to judge Hughton around next Xmas. If we are in the top half of the table at that time then it's game on.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Do not forget that one of the reasons Norwich BINNED him was the money he wasted on shite strikers like Van Wolfswinkel

Also made 3 million profit selling Snodgrass on. Made 5 million selling Leroy Fer on. If they sell Howson, Olsson or Redmond they will make 3 or 4 million on them as well, so his dealings in the transfer market aint the bad. A little insight into the Van Wolfswinkel transfer. CH made it clear to the Norwich board that he didn't think Van Wolfswinkel was worth 8 million but Man Utd, Everton and a few other clubs were sniffing around them and the Norwich board didn't want to lose out to them so they went ahead anyhow. The ad isn't a bad player, he is just a little bit light weight as a striker for the Premiership.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
He does remind of my time watching Mike bailey's team. Stats show we reached our highest league position under him but, going away it was always hang on for a point and, after a few good away snatch & grabs, other teams sussed us and it was just waiting for the inevitable goal to go to be conceded and you might just as well go home as we'd never score.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He does remind of my time watching Mike bailey's team. Stats show we reached our highest league position under him but, going away it was always hang on for a point and, after a few good away snatch & grabs, other teams sussed us and it was just waiting for the inevitable goal to go to be conceded and you might just as well go home as we'd never score.
At the time there were complaints about Mike Bailey's team playing boring football - probably what got him sacked in the end. NSC, had it existed back then, would probably have gone into a meltdown of 'Bailey out'. In retrospect, and with hindsight, how does the sacking of Bailey rank alongside some of the mistakes that have been made in the last year or two?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Bailey had taken over a team that had had some fantastic years under a charismatic manager but the team was reaching the end of it's shelf life and the better players had moved on, so quite similar..

I think bailey knew we had to stay tight to survive, a style the fans were not used to. I suppose the main difference was that realistically we had just to fight to stay up, we would never win the league. Expectations now, or at the start of the season, were that we would be fighting at the top end, not down among the dead men.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Mike Baileys mantra was build from the back, he built a team that had survived by the skin of its teeth sold its star Mark Lawrenson and improved and stayed up comfortably. Whether if he had been allowed to continue to build the way he wanted to instead of being sacked we would have gone down in 1983 I doubt, but then there would have been no cup final either.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I voted no because I'm starting to see what the Norwich fans I've met have told me I'd eventually see. We are quite difficult to score against but the attacking side of our game is not up to scratch. Hughton should have demanded at least one decent striker in the last window, probably two. I'm beginning to wonder what has happened to the side that won those three London away games either side of the New Year

But decent strikers don't grow on trees, or get displayed on supermarket shelves. We had Darren Bent briefly, we might have been in for Kenwyne Jones, but both found (far) more attractive options. CH has to become part of selling a dream to prospective signings.

solly

Aug 31, 2005
Who else would come here to be the latest victim after 4 managers in 6 seasons. CH needs the transfer window and the next season to prove himself. He has done (nearly) the job of keeping us up, so the club and the fans need to support him for next season. This is his "trade" so let him show us what he is all about. I'm in construction management and let me tell you with a new "team" for every project it proves harder and harder to motivate and build a team to perform. I dont think he has all the answers or has got every decision right but at least give him a chance.
Just sayin

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
I fear another season of dull football with us firmly rooted in the bottom 6 if Hughton stays

What makes people think he'll be given a pocket full of cash to buy players?

Hughton is just so negative. His teams have been scoring less than a goal a game over the last 100 games. That is relegation form no matter how good your defence is. Got away with it for one season at Norwich, then failed. He will get away with it this season because Blackpool, Wigan and Millwall are so poor. Does anyone believe he will become more attacking next year for a promotion push? Can't see it myself.

Thanks to reminding me why I won't be losing 7hrs plus a Saturday to watch his negative dross on a regular basis anymore.:thumbsup:

No. He reminds me if Hyypia in press conferences and his team selection are as baffling as Hyypia.

Cheeky :lol::bounce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here