Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Words to Sussex by the Sea going up on the big screens!!!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Would really like to see GOSBTS take us through to the kickoff instead of ring of fire

It would have to run for about 5 minutes... which would be way too long. Despite being 50+ I quite like it as the players come out, with the words on the screen, followed by the upbeat and easy to join in 'Ring of Fire'.

Sussaxon

Mar 19, 2014
Sussex
The club have released this video on Youtube, Matt Jackson from Seagulls Player asks fans their opinion on SBTS words on the screens. It has an all round positive reaction...
[YT]ACj5dolNXu0[/YT]

Also, for fans who think its "embarrassing " in front of away fans, see Wolves' forum the Molineux Mix about the "Amex experience" after Saturday's game, not a single person mentions the SBTS words in a negative fashion and is certainly not seen as "tinpot", in fact user 'Flying Wolf' said "Pitch-side screens... - really add to the atmosphere" and 'Edgmond Wolf' says "The screens at the Amex were put to good use". Fantastic Stuff!!!!
http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/sho...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
The club have released this video on Youtube, Matt Jackson from Seagulls Player asks fans their opinion on SBTS words on the screens. It has an all round positive reaction...
[YT]ACj5dolNXu0[/YT]

Also, for fans who think its "embarrassing " in front of away fans, see Wolves' forum the Molineux Mix about the "Amex experience" after Saturday's game, not a single person mentions the SBTS words in a negative fashion and is certainly not seen as "tinpot", in fact user 'Flying Wolf' said "Pitch-side screens... - really add to the atmosphere" and 'Edgmond Wolf' says "The screens at the Amex were put to good use". Fantastic Stuff!!!!
http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/sho...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Good post. Ignore the haters and keep up the positive vibes.

SAC

May 21, 2014
[YT]ACj5dolNXu0[/YT]

Odd how the view on NSC is split but generally in favour but everyone in the video is in favour. I'm not saying that the club have edited the footage to support their view....

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Odd how the view on NSC is split but generally in favour but everyone in the video is in favour. I'm not saying that the club have edited the footage to support their view....
Haha. I am a huge advocate for the original words but I smiled at the bit where the bloke starts singing and they cut him off before he gets to "going up to win the cup"...!!

My view is stick with it.

"You may tell them all that we stand or fall, for Sussex by the Sea" are by far the best lines of the song - with most meaning and something unique to be proud about.

80% will be happy enough quite quickly and that percentage will grow further over the years to come.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I do think some people are too precious. I'm all in favour of the gimmicks that encourage people to engage so put the words to GOSBTS on the screen and bring on the goal music!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Would really like to see GOSBTS take us through to the kickoff instead of ring of fire

Totally agree. SBTS is OUR anthem. The people of Sussex. We should be proud of it and it should be our anthem that takes us into the game, not a tune that had no connection with the club or with Sussex until a few months ago. The club should make this happen for our next home game.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Where have the words gone??? One game!... Ridiculous!!!

THIS with knobs on. What a shambles. And why waste time announcing subs who we aren't going to see for over an hour (announce them at half time if you must) and cutting short the Ring of Fire fun??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here