Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burnley vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This...slamming him for missing one chance...what about the rest for creating not one other properly decent chance ??

Yes, but these one or two missed chances every game are mounting up and costing us points. 16 matches, 0 goals. Other misfiring players have at least done it in the past, they have credit in the bank. Andone's also made a contribution. Connolly or Gyokeres on the bench from now on please.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
And what do the stats say about assists and goals?

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

They show exactly the same figure as the rest of our central midfielders bar Kayal with 1.

Note: I just checked the updated stats, and Kayal has overtaken Stephens in 1st place for % passes forward, but he has a much reduced pass accuracy.

Based on your attempted joke, you should know that the midfielder who passes sideways the most often is Davy Propper.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
This season, so kas Knocky, Gross and izzy.

Izquerdo has been ok , not brilliant but one of the few of our players that run at defences and creates opportunities. Decision making is not so good but when he has the ball he creates space by taking on 2 or 3 defenders.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Maybe, just maybe, because he hasn't been offered the chance? Andone, although not his fault, hardly shone today, but he's got his opportunity. I can only surmise those that say Locadia is shit have never played football intermittently before and have no idea how difficult it is to blend into a side when not a regular player.

Stupid comment! He has been here nearly a year! He has had a chance but he is shite! Andone has done more in a lot less time then that useles lump!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Stupid comment! He has been here nearly a year! He has had a chance but he is shite! Andone has done more in a lot less time then that useles lump!

You stick to finding the scapegoat. As with Ashley Barnes I have no doubt you'll be happy to see the back of him, you'll move on to someone else.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Difficult conditioning to try and play football, everything was in favour of Burnley’s agricultural style of play. At least Burnley winning puts a little more pressure on palace, who really look in meltdown at the moment. Zaha is now banned for next week, so that’s another loss.....they could easily be in the relegation places at Christmas.

Hohoho.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
You stick to finding the scapegoat. As with Ashley Barnes I have no doubt you'll be happy to see the back of him, you'll move on to someone else.

He’s not a scape goat, he is just rubbish! Let’s see what happens to Locardia shall we?
Does make me laugh muppets like you making excuses for the fella! When, exactly, has he had enough time to prove his worth?????

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
After a short clip of Salah battering plucky Bournemouth, the local BBC news goes on to describe; "sorry Brighton" only had one shot on goal.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Locadia is an intelligent footballer - he can pick a pass, creates space and get into good positions. But for whatever reason it is not working out for him here. I reckon a number of us have taken jobs that simply didn't work out - no ones fault, it just didn't work. Best for everyone if Locadia moves on now

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
After a deflating afternoon, I am now looking forward to visiting the Amex next Sunday and hoping against hope for an improved attacking performance and perhaps even a famous point or three.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Bernardo was good despite giving away a silly FK for the goal. Bissouma looked classy again and Propper did well. Dunk good as always - we missed Duffy as Balogun let too much bounce.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It isn't Locadia fault we didn't get a result. Did anyone else make Hart work ( and he looked pretty avarage in what little he did have to do)

March was pants on the left, knockaert is achieving nothing at the moment, we could and should have been far more incisive in the first 20-30 minutes when we were passing it around sublimely, and maybe gone a goal up. . . . Burnley,offered very little, and it would have been enough for at least a point.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
He’s not a scape goat, he is just rubbish! Let’s see what happens to Locardia shall we?
Does make me laugh muppets like you making excuses for the fella! When, exactly, has he had enough time to prove his worth?????

So, because we don't agree with you we are muppets. I do love an opinionated cock :lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Two things to learn from today if we didnt already know it.

1. Duffy will be greatly missed perhaps not too much against Chelsea but more so at Bournemouth.
2. Locadia has the football ability just sadly lacking in confidence. If he can come on and score in one of his brief appearances he will look a different player afterwards.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Two things to learn from today if we didnt already know it.

1. Duffy will be greatly missed perhaps not too much against Chelsea but more so at Bournemouth.
2. Locadia has the football ability just sadly lacking in confidence. If he can come on and score in one of his brief appearances he will look a different player afterwards.

Firstly, Balogun did little wrong, in fact I can't remember him putting a foot wrong.
Secondly, agree. And then wait until these 'fact' people come crawling from under their stones.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here