Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Huddersfield investigating 'homophobic chanting' at yesterdays match

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sounds like the luv bus gang have been stirring the cauldron
regards
DR

You quote the article which says in the second paragraph that Huddersfield's own LGBT supporters reported it, but you guess it's the luv bus gang!
I know you take the mickey a lot on here, but I thought you had a modicum of intelligence.

Obviously not.

According to the news tonight, a Spurs fan has been banned for throwing a banana skin in the London derby game today.

Jan 30, 2008
Oo

You quote the article which says in the second paragraph that Huddersfield's own LGBT supporters reported it, but you guess it's the luv bus gang!
I know you take the mickey a lot on here, but I thought you had a modicum of intelligence.

Obviously not.

According to the news tonight, a Spurs fan has been banned for throwing a banana skin in the London derby game today.
picture the scene ,did you hear that Doris ? yes i did mavis let me have a word with this steward , might be wrong though :smokin:
regards
DR

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
picture the scene ,did you hear that Doris ? yes i did mavis let me have a word with this steward , might be wrong though :smokin:
regards
DR

Doris & Mavis are part of Huddersfield's LGBT group? I didn't realise you knew them so well.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Who said it's out of order, aside from you guessing that?

I don't know if "You're too ugly to be gay" is out of order, but I can't see it ever being used spontaneously other than as a response to 'Does your boyfriend know you're here' - which I suppose would make it sort of out of order by association.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I don't know if "You're too ugly to be gay" is out of order, but I can't see it ever being used spontaneously other than as a response to 'Does your boyfriend know you're here' - which I suppose would make it sort of out of order by association.

It IS only ever sung in response to the homophobic grief. It's not as though Brighton fans ever raise the subject of homosexuality themselves.

But this chant almost always stops the homophobic abuse dead in its tracks. The look on the lo-wit faces when we sing it back is a treasure. "Wha... How... Whe...?" etc. They basically have nowhere to go with it.

So, in that sense, it does the job, by positive affirmation.

You could, if you really felt like it, argue the point down to the nth degree and somewhere find something out of order about it, but by the time you've done that, there's a good chance you've already had a bit of an emotional meltdown first.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It IS only ever sung in response to the homophobic grief. It's not as though Brighton fans ever raise the subject of homosexuality themselves.

But this chant almost always stops the homophobic abuse dead in its tracks. The look on the lo-wit faces when we sing it back is a treasure. "Wha... How... Whe...?" etc. They basically have nowhere to go with it.

So, in that sense, it does the job, by positive affirmation.

You could, if you really felt like it, argue the point down to the nth degree and somewhere find something out of order about it, but by the time you've done that, there's a good chance you've already had a bit of an emotional meltdown first.
Was thinking more along the lines of if you're responding to it you're acknowledging it. But one thing you needn't worry about, I'll be nowhere even near having any sort of meltdown!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I think Huddersfield as a club will be disappointed given their comments in the matchday programme on LBGT issues as part of the Rainbow day.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What do you do when you’re called.a moron?

I assume he thinks VERY hard about where he can get his hands on a dictionary to look up what it means, before having another cup of tea instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Its probably best Albion fans stop singing 1-0 (insert score) to the Nancy boys. Unless its ok obviously to refer to Gays as Nancy boys in a bantz context.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The olde days of a bit of bantz were hilarious. Laurie Cunningham, Cyril Regis and John Barnes would pick up a banana thrown on to the pitch, and give it a munch.

The fun’s gone out of the game.

And then a Spuds fan throws a banana skin at Aubameyang yesterday.

AAD9B0A5-C016-4AED-B4D7-8DCCD4162126.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Was certainly a long way from the worst I’ve seen.

Was just a few of them singing you’re going down on your boyfriend in response to us singing you’re going down with the Palace.

:facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Obviously not.

When I see Das Reich all over a thread I don't need to un-ignore him to get the gist of his 1970s perspective. Heartwarming, I'm sure it is. Why is he still tolerated??? Diversity???

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
And then a Spuds fan throws a banana skin at Aubameyang yesterday.

View attachment 102538

While he should still be banned for throwing an object on the pitch of like to think he had just eaten the banana and having lost it would have thrown whatever he was holding

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here