Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Horrible Performance Coupled With Heroic Defending...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Meant to type drew with City ....trying to do to many things at once my end ..thanks for the correction ....think I'll reach for the drink

I watched that game and it has to said that they gave City a good game and could well have won it.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
By the end of the season we will realise what a good win that was. They were better than any of the other sides we've beaten, Man Utd, West Ham or Newcastle.
I think they will finish above us. They have some quality players.
I thought Doherty and Boly were superb.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I watched that game and it has to said that they gave City a good game and could well have won it.

Just as an aside I walked back to the car with a couple of Wolves fans...and despite me complimenting there play they weren't very happy about there chances I think Arsenal and Wolves are there next couple of games (correct me if I am wrong) and they were quite downbeat

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
By the end of the season we will realise what a good win that was. They were better than any of the other sides we've beaten, Man Utd, West Ham or Newcastle.
I think they will finish above us. They have some quality players.
I thought Doherty and Boly were superb.

Doherty will be kicking himself for missing that first half chance....I tally agree with you re Boly

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can think of one team that would be desperate for a horrible performance, heroic defending, a goal at home and 3 points.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We’re struggling for attacking fluency without the Gross-Propper-Stephens midfield, and our signings aren’t hitting the ground running, but that said our resilience and belief is incredible, we are simply cannot be broken down even when playing badly. I’m really impressed with us in that regard, delighted with the results.
Do they actually get a chance?We still have most of the players from the championship starting regardless.Andone isn't getting game time which is strange and we rely on Murray at 35.
Was hoping like most that we would improve our attacking intent which is worse than last season but lady luck is certainly on our side so far as we have been so so dull and boring.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Just as an aside I walked back to the car with a couple of Wolves fans...and despite me complimenting there play they weren't very happy about there chances I think Arsenal and Wolves are there next couple of games (correct me if I am wrong) and they were quite downbeat

You are wrong. Wolves won’t play Wolves ya nutcase.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Defeats sap the confidence, look what has happened to Fulham, who were apparently a “breath of fresh air” in the first few games according to most pundits.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
I think losing Propper and Gross has been a slight issue for us, Kayal wasn't involved last season, others are having to try to fill the no.10 role, Jahanbakhsh is having to adjust to the intensity of this league. Ideally we would be continuing to develop our understanding carrying on from last season, but circumstances have conspired against us to mean that that is not currently possible. Taking that into account and considering that we have won 3 on the bounce with 3 clean sheets I think we can be pretty pleased with what we are achieving against the odds.

With our defense the way it is we only have to get some confidence and understanding going between the midfield and the forward line and we are sorted. It's not fun to watch with only the defense working 100% perfectly, but having that part down is nothing to sniff at. The rest will come and when it does we look in great shape to become a very solid PL side ready to push on and establish ourselves as a top half side. We just have to be patient, half the job is done, and I would say probably the most important half when it comes to maintaining our place in this league.

Agree with your perspective mate. With our defence this solid, teams will not be relishing the thought of playing us.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Defeats sap the confidence, look what has happened to Fulham, who were apparently a “breath of fresh air” in the first few games according to most pundits.

Ye...everyone was going on about how much money they had spent ....they really are struggling at the back conceding 15 in the last four games

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
3 points a no brainer.
We can play the passing game that Wolves were doing today, but deep defending like we did in the final minutes, when 1-0 up, not brilliant.
But on the flip side, if we had scored a second from one of the breakaways in the second half!!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Do they actually get a chance?We still have most of the players from the championship starting regardless.Andone isn't getting game time which is strange and we rely on Murray at 35.
Was hoping like most that we would improve our attacking intent which is worse than last season but lady luck is certainly on our side so far as we have been so so dull and boring.

Apart from Andone they’re getting a chance, but I think the premier league is probably one of the hardest leagues to settle into if you’ve never played in England before. I think it shows the quality of the championship that our players from those campaigns are retaining their places up against some real quality in our squad now.

We’re 11thin the top flight - there are not too many times in our entire history we’ve been able to say that, I’m not going to get hung up on how attractive we are just yet.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
That’s 3 ugly wins in a row ! The West Ham game was much the same as today where they dominated the ball but struggled to break us down. Don’t get me wrong, i’m chuffed to bits with the 9 points but we can’t sustain this level of good fortune of relying on the collective heroics of Ryan, Dunk, Duffy & Muzza. Our basic problem in these 3 games is the simple inability to keep possession which has invited so much pressure on ourselves but we’ve defended surperbly.

Post match quote from CH today : "We are not playing at our best, nowhere near. We have players who are not at their level, we are not good on the ball but we are defending really well.“

Sums it up perfectly Chris, but you have the power to do something about it so maybe a change or 2 is needed next week ! Could Andone play in the no.10 role instead of March ? Having said that, I’ve been critical of Bong this season but must give credit where it’s due, I thought he had a decent game today.

it was a pretty awful display all round bar one or two individuals. But March was woeful. I hope CH gives up with this idea of March at no.10.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
it was a pretty awful display all round bar one or two individuals. But March was woeful. I hope CH gives up with this idea of March at no.10.

March has been woeful all season in my opinion. He hasn’t contributed any end product, he’s lazy - highlighted when you see Murray doing more closing down than him, and he’s afraid to make a proper tackle. If you watch him closely he appears to close opposition players down but ‘jogs’ to get there and always ‘nearly’ makes any sort of challenge !

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
March has been woeful all season in my opinion. He hasn’t contributed any end product, he’s lazy - highlighted when you see Murray doing more closing down than him, and he’s afraid to make a proper tackle. If you watch him closely he appears to close opposition players down but ‘jogs’ to get there and always ‘nearly’ makes any sort of challenge !

couldn't agree more

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
Of course I am very happy with the 3 points but I was hoping that the new players we got in would stop us playing like that especially at home against a mid table team.
MOTD is going to be scathing methinks...... especially Shearer after last weekend's back to the wall performance against his beloved Geordie gang.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Mike Bailey got sacked in roughly the same position in the top division playing like this

Luckily the club is no longer owned by idiots.

I'm walking in a Hughton wonderland.

#notthewesthamwayTFFT :shrug:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here