Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
:lolol: again

Brighton is still a must do all the while that my 2016 time hangs over my head. Back to something like real fitness now so I must email "coach". I assume she's still in business?

After that cake, talk and drink sounds great, kind of like a party but with more hill climbing.

Indeed she is......has retired from the full time job so now dedicated to the coaching stuff........

Next time, maybe start a bit slower [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Indeed she is......has retired from the full time job so now dedicated to the coaching stuff........

Next time, maybe start a bit slower [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I still maintain that was your fault :angel:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Course it was.......I started at 8 min miles (stupidly) and eventually caught you up......after 5 miles, when you were targeting 9 min miles [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23](I did stop for a piss after a mile)

It's a fair cop guv. I still look at the Strava and wonder quite how I ran the first two miles of a marathon faster than the middle two of Worthing 10K. Still beat [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] though.

To be serious I made so many mistakes on that run, having been perfectly prepared, that I have to get back to that level of fitness again or it'll haunt me forever,

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's a fair cop guv. I still look at the Strava and wonder quite how I ran the first two miles of a marathon faster than the middle two of Worthing 10K. Still beat [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] though.

To be serious I made so many mistakes on that run, having been perfectly prepared, that I have to get back to that level of fitness again or it'll haunt me forever,

Race adrenaline.......f*****d up more races than anything else, ever. Live and learn [emoji23][emoji23]

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Have had psychotherapy since that worst defeat of my life and can almost live a normal life again.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Essentially, I got very drunk last night and ended up singing the Only Fools and Horses theme tune at Karaoke. Luckily, [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] was guilted out of a parkrun this morning by his son, so I was spared falling further behind him in our contest. I went over to Bevendean anyway, as I was up, and struggled in a huge way. I was 6th going into the hill at the back of the course but sailed past everyone to take a commanding lead but I was caught by the eventual winner on the downhill section. I couldn't reel him in on the second time up the sod of a hill and was overtaken by a fella on the downhill again. He must have had 10/15 seconds on me but there's a small climb toward the finish line so I got on his tail and then sprinted past on the flat to the finish. 2nd place, in 20:50 and then a nice nap on the ground afterwards. I felt absolutely shocking this morning, so I was pleased to get on the podium.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Essentially, I got very drunk last night and ended up singing the Only Fools and Horses theme tune at Karaoke. Luckily, [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] was guilted out of a parkrun this morning by his son, so I was spared falling further behind him in our contest. I went over to Bevendean anyway, as I was up, and struggled in a huge way. I was 6th going into the hill at the back of the course but sailed past everyone to take a commanding lead but I was caught by the eventual winner on the downhill section. I couldn't reel him in on the second time up the sod of a hill and was overtaken by a fella on the downhill again. He must have had 10/15 seconds on me but there's a small climb toward the finish line so I got on his tail and then sprinted past on the flat to the finish. 2nd place, in 20:50 and then a nice nap on the ground afterwards. I felt absolutely shocking this morning, so I was pleased to get on the podium.

Excellent work. Stamina, determination, will power and madness on a Friday night. Saved in the morning but still fired up. Glad you're becoming more aware of the importance of drinking and running. Well done Trotter.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Excellent work. Stamina, determination, will power and madness on a Friday night. Saved in the morning but still fired up. Glad you're becoming more aware of the importance of drinking and running. Well done Trotter.

I truly was a plonker last night.

And I nearly posted that I was a stupid boy, but that would have been thoroughly embarrassing. Totally wrong sitcom!

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Great work Dave [emoji106]

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove

Apologies for missing our 2nd leg today. As you say my four year old wanted me to stay with him and as he has just completed his first week at school, I took the option to stay with him. He played the guilt trip wonderfully and I could't resist.

Next week I'll tell him to piss off, so I'll be there where ever the venue is. I even had a calm night in in prep for the following morning which in retrospect was a complete waste of time.

Intention is to go for a long run tomorrow c.13 miles in prep for the Barns Green HM in two weeks.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Apologies for missing our 2nd leg today. As you say my four year old wanted me to stay with him and as he has just completed his first week at school, I took the option to stay with him. He played the guilt trip wonderfully and I could't resist.

Next week I'll tell him to piss off, so I'll be there where ever the venue is. I even had a calm night in in prep for the following morning which in retrospect was a complete waste of time.

Intention is to go for a long run tomorrow c.13 miles in prep for the Barns Green HM in two weeks.

No problem at all - and before anyone suggests it - I definitely didn't put your nipper up to it!

Lancing had 148 runners today but I think that one would be good for our purpose, maybe as the final leg rather than the middle.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
No problem at all - and before anyone suggests it - I definitely didn't put your nipper up to it!

Lancing had 148 runners today but I think that one would be good for our purpose, maybe as the final leg rather than the middle.

I think Bevendean followed by Lancing would be a good trilogy.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Essentially, I got very drunk last night and ended up singing the Only Fools and Horses theme tune at Karaoke. .

Out of interest (and jealousy) how many and what kind of drinks got you very drunk? Probably an age thing but there’s no way I would be at bevendean Park run at 9am after a skinful. My head would’ve been thumping and more. How do you do it?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Junior football season is back in full swing and therefore I'm up at the sort of time on a Sunday that I used to come home at before kids in order to get a long run in. How long before I'm yelling Good Morning at [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] as dawn breaks?

Going to have to do my long run to Shoreham / Lancing and back as well, just like the good old days as the Brighton Tri is closing the seafront and A259. Good luck to the REMF boys Mendoza, [MENTION=10511]Fat Langers[/MENTION] and Jarrod in that one.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Had a week of man flu and headaches so skipped Parkrun. Tomorrow I'm having my Arena80 track induction at Withdean. Haven't run there since 1973 when it was a cinder track. Looking forward to it. Will concentrate on not overdoing it and getting injured.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
Ran Bedgebury Pinetum Park run yesterday. Great course through the pinewoods on a decent path with added bonus of the pine trees fragrance masking the sweating 180 runners labouring up the tough hills. I narrowly beat a tiny kid who couldn’t have been much over 3 feet tall. I went over to congratulate him and discovered he was 9 and three quarters with a pb of 19:40:bowdown:

BenElton'sBrother

Nov 30, 2003
Hove
I've been quietly plugging away for the past few weeks trying to get myself into some kind of half distance shape, and hoping that this has a positive effect on my parkrun times.

Seems to be working so far, yesterday at Hove Park was a years best of 22.00 and a new best age grading record of 61.59%. Despite these couple of records, why is there a large part of me disappointed that I couldn't go one second quicker and slip into sub 22 territory!?

Out this morning for a 12 miler in 1 hour 36, next week will be my first attempt at the half distance since Brighton back in Feb - All good fun!!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Got out nice and early this morning to run the half marathon distance in prep for Barns Green in 2 weeks. Perfect running temperature this time of year in the morning and managed to get in some quick miles towards the end, which bodes well for Barns Green.

Is anyone from here running it? I think [MENTION=67]Curious Orange[/MENTION] is but not aware of anyone else.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/3018060655

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here