Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Flasks banned from the Amex

So do I. My husband was taken ill before kick off a couple of years ago, and wanted to go home, telling me to stay and enjoy the match. He went to the barrier and asked them five times to let him out.
All they kept replying was 'You can't come back in if you leave'. He was feeling really rough, and was tempted to push the bloke out of the way to get outside, but a steward who was a regular in our block saw him, and asked the steward on the gate to let him out.
Even then the gate bloke argued, and my other half shouted I am ill, I want to go home!! He then got out.

He'd probably eaten an out of date cheese toastie

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It is only logical if they give us the logic behind it. Currently it is not logical. Why are flasks a security risk and not umbrellas or keys or shoes or walking sticks or any number of other objects. They may have a VERY good reason for the ban, but they should at least tell us!

Acid attacks. There is an increasing lot of it about. Statistically it makes sense to ban flasks. And to not explain why (or admit it is for security reasons). Exactly the same logic that resulted in a space traveller arriving in the UK in the mid 70s selecting, as an unobtrusive name to blend in: 'Ford Prefect'.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well, if the club are going to be reckless, and leave the fans vulnerable to such a threat by allowing flasks at the Southampton game after making it clear they believe flasks are a health and safety risk, the only way I can protect myself is by not buying a ticket to the Southampton game. I take my health and safety very seriously and I will not dare to risk exposure to such dangers.

*cough* me too, bro *cough*

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Avoid taking Iced Gems to the game.
FB_IMG_1534884481688.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm surprised at you looking down your nose at some of the fans, to be honest. There are a lot of older fans, as already pointed out on this thread (someone's Mum, aged 80 who has been going for over 60 years) and calling those of us who sympathise bedwetting snowflakes. I thought better of you.
[MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION] has gone mad lately. He even mixing up snowflakes with broflakes. I sense a late mid-lfe crisis. :shrug:

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Would the Club consider buying my nearly new Thermos of me as it was bought in good faith for use at the Amex and from sept 1st it will be redundant?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
There was and email from the Club/Barber about this sort of thing yesterday, but it only mentioned the lounges/1901. Perhaps some clarification is required.

Brighton & Hove Albion are advising fans that only food and drink purchased at the stadium may be consumed in the 1901 Club lounges and Dick's Bar.

The club would also like to remind all fans that the consumption of food and drink not purchased at the Amex is not permitted in these locations.

Chief Executive Paul Barber commented, “The 1901 Club lounges and Dick’s Bar offer a wide range of food and beverages, and in line with other restaurants and bars, we do not allow the consumption of food and drink purchased off-site.

“Of course, there are some very rare exceptions, some of which we are aware, due to medical issues, and with our permission, we would make concessions in light of such issues; but we would ask fans to contact our supporter services team to seek further guidance.”

If you have any queries relating to the above matter, please do contact the 1901 Club team or Supporter Services.

Is it me but the second sentence seems to be saying exactly the same as the first? Also I think 'these locations.' can't be used to refer to '1901 Club lounges and Dick's Bar. ' as they are in a different paragraph.....

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
To put Flask-gate in to proper perspective shirley we must have a poll?

I'd have a stab it's less than 5% that take a flask to the game on a regular basis.
So could be talking about pissing off approx 1,500 fans on a 30k gate.

I do like the suggestion of making them take a sip before allowing admittance - that'll feck up them Novichok folk

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Try luzzing a full plastic water bottle without a lid... It won't go far.

Really?! Depends how you luzz it. If you empty a little and you grab it by the neck and throw it arse end first then it will sail quite a distance even if some of it comes out, even further if you plug the hole with a scrap of paper. I'd love to know how many injuries have been recorded at a football ground from a plastic bottle top weighing no more than a couple of grams? I'd hazard a guess and say very few if any have been recorded. Coins on the other hand which can be freely taken into a stadium have been regularly reported as being used as missiles over the years. its simply a stupid rule made up by someone and adopted by many without any real reasoning behind it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here