Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coffee in Brighton

If you get a Waitrose card you get a free take out on each day - think of the money you would save, this only works if there is one near your station though.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I don't know how you people can sleep at night.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Where do I go for a really good coffee? Fed up with the Starbucks, Costa, Nero style brown water and I tried Frankie's Grinder on Edward St yesterday but it was SHOCKING. Can't be that difficult to make a nice small coffee???

Unfortunatly there are no coffee shops in brighton, which is a shame as one or two could make a good business.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
On the subject of coffee, I really resent paying £2.75 for a large coffee from The Flying Coffee Bean on Brighton station every morning, but I can't find a decent vacuum travel mug to take my own coffee in to drink on the train.

Every one I've tried either leaks in my bag on the way to the station, or is impossible to drink out of. Any commuters here know a good one?

I drive to work and have a bodum travel mug. I don't keep it in a bag. But they are real good and reasonable.
http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/household-appliances/small-kitchen-appliances/coffee-machines-and-accessories/coffee-accessories/bodum-11068-01-travel-mug-black-21558073-pdt.html

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
On the subject of coffee, I really resent paying £2.75 for a large coffee from The Flying Coffee Bean on Brighton station every morning, but I can't find a decent vacuum travel mug to take my own coffee in to drink on the train.

Every one I've tried either leaks in my bag on the way to the station, or is impossible to drink out of. Any commuters here know a good one?

Also found this.
http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/household-appliances/small-kitchen-appliances/coffee-machines-and-accessories/coffee-accessories/bodum-coffee-gift-set-black-10025569-pdt.html

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The wife bought a "sip & pour " flask from Lakeland.. It has a lip so you can drink direct from it on the go, if so inclined, & stays hot for a good 4 hours.
( has a proper seal so doesnot leak)

Nice one. Took your recommendation and bought one last week. Its perfect. Put it into my bag and no leakage whatsoever, keeps the coffee hot and easy to drink out of without spilling.

Cheers [MENTION=22230]Perfidious Albion[/MENTION] :thumbsup:

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Taylor Street on Queens Road is my favourite by far but Small Batch is also good, as well as Red Roaster and Cafe@33.

Brighton has an abundance of great coffee shops, doing yourself a massive diservice by going to Costa/Starbucks etc.

Strange really 20 years ago Towns in Italy had loads of family run ones & no chains whereas Brighton had none at all really, then conversely came a few 'chain types followed by small ones.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Small Batch, just off Church Street. Can't remember the name of the road. Think it's the one with the Library on it. Best coffee in Brighton IMO

D

Deleted User X18H

Presuming Ed - London Road (don't go ) a bit too pretentious .

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Small Batch, just off Church Street. Can't remember the name of the road. Think it's the one with the Library on it. Best coffee in Brighton IMO

Certainly my favourite. And there are two more, one at Seven Dials and the other on Western Road near Norfolk Square. Very nice coffee.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Presuming Ed - London Road (don't go ) a bit too pretentious .

Yes but great coffee. I went in there for the fun novelty of experiencing another addition to this London Rd hipster thing and having a coffee in the old bank building and whilst it was painfully pretentious in some respects - e.g. furniture made out of old paperbacks and plenty bearded men on their laptops - the coffee was excellent and was served by friendly staff.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Cafe Mojo on Queens Road is pretty good. Chatting to the boss the other day about Albions great start to the season. Decent coffee and paninis too.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012

Have you tried the coffee in the Waiting Room or Bagelman? Cheaper (and better) coffee than the stuff that Flying Bean knock out.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
Yes but great coffee. I went in there for the fun novelty of experiencing another addition to this London Rd hipster thing and having a coffee in the old bank building and whilst it was painfully pretentious in some respects - e.g. furniture made out of old paperbacks and plenty bearded men on their laptops - the coffee was excellent and was served by friendly staff.

Owned by the same people who run Marwoods in town. I guess it is a little pretentious but the coffee is great and I'd rather drink in somewhere with a little personality rather than a chain.

While you're in the area you might also want to try the coffee from one of the new cafes in the Market.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
That weird cafe in Western Road - "Salvage", or something similar close to The Wick and Sainsbury has a guy who seriously knows how to make a good coffee. The rare type that makes you realise there is such a thing as a proper 'barista'. Not sure if I love the taste of the coffee they use - a bit strong for me sometimes, but he's a froth master for sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here