Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Barber: Above and beyond.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I’m off to Vancouver at the end of August so feel free to share!!

I know you didn't ask me but things I enjoyed..

FlyOver Canada at Canada Place (Loved this waaaay more than I expected too)
Grouse Mountain (went up for feed the bears, saw bears, lumberjack show, "birds in motion", chairlift with amazing views)
Boat trip out to see whales
Capilano Suspension Bridge
Cycle around Stanley Park
Granville Island market
Museum of Anthropology (I'm not really the type to visit museums but enjoyed this one)
Theatre Under The Stars and the Aquarium in Stanley Park were both good.
The false creek ferries were a fun way to get about

If you get a chance to go up to Whistler the Peak 2 Peak gondola is unreal.

Something I wish I had done and is on the list for next visit is a Seaplane trip. Bard on the Beach is supposed to be good too.

Edit: Couple more things to add.
The Boathouse on Kitslano beach for a nice view of the beach with your meal.
The Tea House in Stanley park was great too, lovely food and amazing views.

Last edited:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I know you didn't ask me but things I enjoyed..

FlyOver Canada at Canada Place (Loved this waaaay more than I expected too)
Grouse Mountain (went up for feed the bears, saw bears, lumberjack show, "birds in motion", chairlift with amazing views)
Boat trip out to see whales
Capilano Suspension Bridge
Cycle around Stanley Park
Granville Island market
Museum of Anthropology (I'm not really the type to visit museums but enjoyed this one)
Theatre Under The Stars and the Aquarium in Stanley Park were both good.
The false creek ferries were a fun way to get about

If you get a chance to go up to Whistler the Peak 2 Peak gondola is unreal.

Something I wish I had done and is on the list for next visit is a Seaplane trip. Bard on the Beach is supposed to be good too.

Thank you very much for that. We are indeed off to Whistler (hiring an RV and touring the Rockies) so I will try the Gondola too.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
With Tony Bloom, Chris Hughton and Paul Trollope making up a Barber shop quartet.

The_Spinners.png

There you go....

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Thank you very much for that. We are indeed off to Whistler (hiring an RV and touring the Rockies) so I will try the Gondola too.

Brilliant. It's an incredible drive. Stopped off on the way at Shannon Falls which broke up the journey if you fancy seeing a big waterfall.

Also took a detour to see the Olympic Park - which in itself wasn't that interesting but by going off the main road had the experience of a bear cub just walking out in front of us which was cool to see (we were able to slow down and let it cross without a problem!).

The ziplines in Whistler were brilliant too, largely thanks to the incredible scenary and wildlife.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

Just done that in June for the 2nd time. We went out of Vancouver, up to whistler (book the camp site as only 2) then up to Jasper via amazing scenery (Mt Robson.....amazing) down to Banff via the Columbia icefield (amazing) and then looped back to Vancouver. Love that city! Go down to Gastown for some amazing craft beers!
You’ll have an amazing trip! Big tip is buy a gas table top BBQ from Walmart or Canadian Tire (about %$50-$60) and you’ll use it all the time!
Oh and we saw black bears, a Grizzly with cubs, moose, bald eagles........all as we travelled round! Just take a good camera!
Have fun!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Brilliant. It's an incredible drive. Stopped off on the way at Shannon Falls which broke up the journey if you fancy seeing a big waterfall.

Also took a detour to see the Olympic Park - which in itself wasn't that interesting but by going off the main road had the experience of a bear cub just walking out in front of us which was cool to see (we were able to slow down and let it cross without a problem!).

The ziplines in Whistler were brilliant too, largely thanks to the incredible scenary and wildlife.

Just done that in June for the 2nd time. We went out of Vancouver, up to whistler (book the camp site as only 2) then up to Jasper via amazing scenery (Mt Robson.....amazing) down to Banff via the Columbia icefield (amazing) and then looped back to Vancouver. Love that city! Go down to Gastown for some amazing craft beers!
You’ll have an amazing trip! Big tip is buy a gas table top BBQ from Walmart or Canadian Tire (about %$50-$60) and you’ll use it all the time!
Oh and we saw black bears, a Grizzly with cubs, moose, bald eagles........all as we travelled round! Just take a good camera!
Have fun!

Thanks both!

I have most campsites booked already and am following an itinerary I found online which ends up in Calgary where I am flying home from.

I’ll definitely go for the BBQ tip.

Sounds fantastic and I can’t wait!!

tonytowner

Apr 12, 2010
Thanks both!

I have most campsites booked already and am following an itinerary I found online which ends up in Calgary where I am flying home from.

I’ll definitely go for the BBQ tip.

Sounds fantastic and I can’t wait!!

Back to Paul Barber

Absolutely excellent at responding very quickly to email which is one aspect of quality service. However my experience is he doesn’t listen & is completely lacking in flexibility. He will repeat over & again whatever stance he has has decided. I also found him to be very condescending in his attitude towards fans ie he knows best. Delighted he has been so helpful on travel tips though

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Barber is a class act. After so many years of hurt, now is the golden age of supporting the Albion. Everything is in place and working so well. A great stadium, first class training facilities and intelligent, thoughtful people at the top running the club brilliantly. Long may it continue.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Banff to Jasper road is gobsmackingly gorgeous. Take your time and soak it all in. Canadians ridiculously friendly too.

If going to Vancouver Victoria island a must too, esp Tofino and whale watching.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Banff to Jasper road is gobsmackingly gorgeous. Take your time and soak it all in. Canadians ridiculously friendly too.

If going to Vancouver Victoria island a must too, esp Tofino and whale watching.

Walk the sea wall round and into Stanley park, and hire a bike and cycle up to point grey and cycle through the trails in the endowment lands. Oh, and never leave (a mistake I made, sadly).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Is PB fast becoming the Inigo Calderon of Albion Chief Executives?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'd happily stay up to the early hours 7 days a week replying to emails if I was paid what he is. :lol:

Yeah, but it doesn't work like that - it's the reverse scenario. It's because he stayed up to the early hours 7 days a week working in his early career, when he was paid 2/6 that he is now the CEO of the Albion, earning what he does.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here