Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sam Baldock

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm not defending them, I'm questioning the club for signing such players when we don't play a system that suits either of them! They might both be cack at this level but why are we spending MILLIONS on strikers we don't need? That's all.
It's a good question. Poyet got him in, and played him in a system he wasn't suited to.

Then we go in for Baldock having already got three or even four munchkins already on the books and no competition for COG. Baffling stuff.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I haven't really seen Baldock cut the mustard as of yet and he doesn't seem to be the getter of goals we long-term require. Colunga seems more fitting in a wideman role, and more cockily inventive. He might not put in as much of a shift, but a match without that little sprinkle of flair will have us too often that not hoping to put away a set piece and hang on in there. I expect a signing or two soon enough making us much more of a force going forward.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
L
I was disappointed with Baldock and CMS on Saturday. Didn't think either looked like scoring in a month of Sundays.

Chris O'Grady did really well when he came on. Held the ball up, linked play, suddenly their back four looked really panicked. I'd go as far as to say that Chris coming on secured the 3 points, because we were rocking for a while.

Baldock looked like he froze in indecision on a couple of occasions where he needed to be decisive either take a shot, take the last man on, or fire off a quick pass. He seemed to think about all those options, then lost the opportunity for all three. His through ball to JFC was sweet, but thought he offered very little to be honest.

This was how I saw it CMS one lung busting run for the free kick that we scored from and one great through ball from Baldock that JFC fluffed his lines. I COG looked a better threat bringing others into the game

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
If Baldock hadn't cost a fair whack of money very recently and wasn't on a long contract, you could quite imagine that this January could see all three of our strikers heading out of the club to be replaced by a new set.

As it is, you have to think the other two will be off, assuming replacements can be found.
Would be a massive slice of humble pie to unload Baldock now but I personally would try to shift all of our forwards out (Cog, colunga, cms, baldock) if possible and bring in 2 strikers who can score goals at this level because currently none of our strikers are good enough!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here