Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Christian Walton

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
He is a 19 year old with huge potential and at this stage of his development no more, however BHA are convinced he will develop and deliver on his potential if he was the finished article and ready we would not have shipped him out to Berry. As part of that development he WILL make mistakes but it is how he recovers and corrects those mistakes that will really show what he is made of, if in 2/3 months he is still dropping clangers then you might have a point but if you cannot wait until then then feel free to shell out a pot of money on an established international goalkeeper and return our England keeper in waiting.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Precisely the reason why he was put out on loan and taken out of U21's development football.

At U21's level he wouldn't have been questioned far from it, he is cosily in the bubble of his develop stage where no one really questions and no fans watch, the dynamics of being on loan change this and will be a real test for him.

Brilliant for him, next stage of his development starts now.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Watched most of the highlights I could find of you this season, What is a keeper supposed to do with a defence that bad? His keeping is at fault for a couple of the goals but look at your defence.. Absolute schoolboy errors, have you ever thought maybe you're just out of your comfort zone in league one?

I'm not denying he may of made some errors but if your defence was even average that would help him. Easy to scapegoat the loanee young keeper isn't it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Watched most of the highlights I could find of you this season, What is a keeper supposed to do with a defence that bad? His keeping is at fault for a couple of the goals but look at your defence.. Absolute schoolboy errors, have you ever thought maybe you're just out of your comfort zone in league one?

I'm not denying he may of made some errors but if your defence was even average that would help him. Easy to scapegoat the loanee young keeper isn't it.

I'm sure this is true. He has made a couple of proper horrors though, and I can understand the Bury fans' reaction.

If we had a loanee at the Albion making mistakes at OUR expense, to aid his development for another club, people on here would be making EXACTLY the same comments.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Keeping making mistakes at Bury and come back a better keeper. Bury is a poxy little club anyway, whats it matter if he makes a few mistakes there.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Keeping making mistakes at Bury and come back a better keeper. Bury is a poxy little club anyway, whats it matter if he makes a few mistakes there.

Usually like your posts, but I hate that attitude. Five years ago, we were a poxy little club, laughing at Pompey for trying to act superior.

albionite

May 20, 2009

Why are they a poxy little club? No wonder we get a bad rep for being arrogant. It's only one of their fans coming on here being a dick.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Usually like your posts, but I hate that attitude. Five years ago, we were a poxy little club, laughing at Pompey for trying to act superior.

You were laughing at Walsalls maximum attendece of 5000 yesterday, so pipe down.

It was purely to bait this moron of a Bury fan but it seems as if a few people are still protective of our old league 1 and 2 chums, unless its Pompey of course.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
You were laughing at Walsalls maximum attendece of 5000 yesterday, so pipe down.

It was purely to bait this moron of a Bury fan but it seems as if a few people are still protective of our old league 1 and 2 chums, unless its Pompey of course.

No, I was laughing at the chances of their ground 'rocking' during a second round COC tie. So, I think I'll pipe up, thank you.
Just dislike needless arrogance, really.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
For what it's worth I'm going to go out totally on a limb here and say, I totally understand what your are saying,

If it was Brighton in League 1 and not Bury, I'm sure I would probably us borrow a young keeper from a Premier League side than a struggling Championship One, especially as Christian seems to be shipping quite a few goals at the moment. After all I'm sure 99.9% of you Bury fans had never heard of him before.
I'm also amazed that someone has said on another thread that they are pretty certain he would play for England, incredible that he should think that after just three first team games!

That said though, from what I have seen of young Christian he seems like a fine prospect, and hopefully he will prove you wrong and his performances will improve. I wish you well..

Good post

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
No, I was laughing at the chances of their ground 'rocking' during a second round COC tie. So, I think I'll pipe up, thank you.
Just dislike needless arrogance, really.

Is that not a little arrogant then, to assume that they cant create a good atmosphere just because they have a maximum capcity of 5000. Dont try and be all high and mighty.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Is that not a little arrogant then, to assume that they cant create a good atmosphere just because they have a maximum capcity of 5000. Dont try and be all high and mighty.

They don't have a maximum capacity of 5000.
I said the attendance would be 5000 max.
You couldn't be more wrong if you tried, but you're welcome to keep deflecting away from your obnoxious arrogance if you wish.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Amazed so many #bhafc are defending him when if we were leaking goals like that we'd demand a new keeper

Some would, and others would have the sense to look at each goal and decide whether it was down to the keeper or the defence in front of him.

I'm afraid keepers simply DO get criticism when goals go in. The odd mistake, and before you know it they get blamed for every goal that goes in, and fans demand someone else. It happened with Kuszczak, it's happening with Stockdale. Even if they rarely make a mistake, someone will want them changed because their kicking isn't good enough.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
They don't have a maximum capacity of 5000.
I said the attendance would be 5000 max.
You couldn't be more wrong if you tried, but you're welcome to keep deflecting away from your obnoxious arrogance if you wish.

Not particually I couldnt give a rats arse what you think to be quite honest. Next time you get a tea be sure to say hello though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here